Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with synology and TVheadend

Options
  • 04-12-2019 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

HI,

Firstly, thanks so much to all who post here, it has been invaluable in getting me to where I am.

I need your help for the final push.

Have TVheadend running on an synology NAS with HDHomeRun and Digibit R1, problem is I can't get epg data into TVH. I have tried everything, that I am capable of and just can't seem to get it to work.

Is there any step by stpe guide that can help me, I've been trolling the web for weeks and the only stuff I see is GIT but I'm not confident enough to take on that.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Go to the TVHeadend page in your browser:-
    <IP Address>:9981
    then select the following
    Config tab
    Channel/EPG tab
    EPG Grabber Modules tab

Disable all but the following entries
    Over-the-air:EIT:DVB Grabber
    Over-the-air:Open TV:Sky UK
    Over-the-air:UK:Freesat

Double check that those three have green ticks before leaving that tab.

EPG Grabber tab
    On the line above the details click on
    Trigger OTA EPG Grabber

It can take some time for the EPG to populate, depending on how many days details you choose and how many channels you have mapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 magootoo

Thanks, got it populating in TVH but it's not coming across to kodi running on firestick, any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Kodi Settings - Guide

Check update interval

If you clear data it should immediately import replacement data.

Check also number of days to display .... select 2 or 3 initially until you have a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 magootoo

Thanks again Johnboy1951, i'll try that tomorrow, be delighted to get this one of the list!!!!

Advertisement