Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bonus £5 Voucher for £50 Amazon Top-up with Visa

Options
  • 03-09-2020 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

https://www.amazon.co.uk/adlp/visa?ref_=pe_2820511_510187011

Offer valid from 31/08/2020 to 30/09/2020

• The offer only applies to the purchase on www.amazon.co.uk of products sold by Amazon EU Sàrl and Amazon Media EU Sàrl respectively. Amazon Warehouse Deals and products sold by third parties on the Marketplace of www.amazon.co.uk, Books, e-books, magazines, digital products, gift vouchers, gift packs, shipping costs and other additional costs are excluded.

• Digital content is available subject to the conditions of use of Amazon Media EU Sàrl.

• Only users aged 18 or over can redeem the promotional coupon.

• Offer limited to one order and one account. The offer is not transferable and cannot be combined with other promotions. The promotional coupon can only be redeemed by users who have not participated in a Visa promotion on www.amazon.co.uk in the past three months.

• To benefit from the offer, it is necessary to top up your Amazon.co.uk account (Manage your balance) for a value of at least £50, using a Visa card.

• The conditions of use of the discount coupons apply on www.amazon.co.uk.

• Amazon shall be responsible for the delivery of the offer

• The discount voucher can be used on www.amazon.co.uk until 23:59 on 30/09/2020 and will be automatically deducted from the next purchase on www.amazon.co.uk.

• The conditions of use of the Amazon.co.uk discount coupons apply.

• The offer only applies when paying with a Visa card.

• The offer is not transferable or convertible into cash.

• In the event of even partial cancellation of the order by the customer or return of one of the promoted items, Amazon reserves the right to withhold from the refund an amount equal to the discount received.

• An active www.amazon.co.uk account and a valid Visa card deposited in the account are required to receive and redeem the voucher. If, for any reason, the Visa credit card expires, is rejected or is invalid, the eligibility to receive or redeem the promotional voucher lapses.

• Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time. In case of non-compliance or violation of these conditions, the offer is not valid and the voucher will not be deposited in the customer's www.amazon.co.uk account.

This offer cannot be resold and cannot be paid in cash. In case of improper use, the offer will lose its validity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Done. Thanks OP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Thanks for topping up your Visa account.
    £5 has been credited to your Amazon account by Visa and you can use it on your next purchase.
    The promotional reward must be used by 15 November 2020.

I got an email saying Nov 15th rather than 30th of Sept. So I think the 30/09/20 applies to getting the voucher rather than expiry date of the £5.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Hi guys, just for info, I only had £0.50 added after purchasing the £50 gift card with my visa card. Just got off chat with Amazon and they said there was a glitch and added the £5 for me......I got to keep the £0.50.....

Thanks for the heads up Op.

D.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Decoda wrote: »
    ......I got to keep the £0.50.....

Thanks for the heads up Op.

D.

Its the small wins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

I had to get onto support as well but they gave me the £5 bonus no bothers

Put my fiver towards 10 Henry Hoover bags.

Happy days!

fefefe.png
    focus st diesel 0 60

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

How soon after topping up did you get the 5.00 bonus or 0.50 and then having to contact support to rectify. Just topped up by £50 now and see the credit to my account but no bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Same issue for me... got the 1% Prime Top Up bonus of 50p but didn't see the fiver so contacted CS.

Or maybe we are understanding it wrongly and how it is applied. Certainly, when you contact CS and they give you it as a credit, you don't then see it as a £5 in your Top Up section, it's a different sort of credit, that is applied when you are buying items sold by Amazon and which you see as a £5 discount when checking out...

This seems to be the best page to check if you have any promo credit:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000850093&plgroup=1#gc

Would be good to know if those who get the Prime 1% also did get the fiver in the credit section automatically. Can someone report back?

I'm on prime but this 1% is news to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

nephster wrote: »
    Same issue for me... got the 1% Prime Top Up bonus of 50p but didn't see the fiver so contacted CS.

Or maybe we are understanding it wrongly and how it is applied. Certainly, when you contact CS and they give you it as a credit, you don't then see it as a £5 in your Top Up section, it's a different sort of credit, that is applied when you are buying items sold by Amazon and which you see as a £5 discount when checking out...

This seems to be the best page to check if you have any promo credit:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000850093&plgroup=1#gc

Would be good to know if those who get the Prime 1% also did get the fiver in the credit section automatically. Can someone report back?

I clicked on the link above and I now know that my 50p is the Amazon Prime 1% plus since my chat with them they've now added a £5 credit called "Amazon Video"

Decoda wrote: »
    I clicked on the link above and I now know that my 50p is the Amazon Prime 1% plus since my chat with them they've now added a £5 credit called "Amazon Video"

That link is to a Amazon Video page - seems to be the easiest way to see credit - and hence calls it Amazon Video Credit, but it is really just normal credit.

The 1% for Prime top-ups, with more for ones above £100, is a promo that's on at the mo, finishes 14 September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I didn't get the £5 after topping up..

.. CS are telling me to wait 24-48 hours before contacting them as it'll take a while for the promotion to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Contacted customer support chat as didn't see the £5 bonus in my credit balance. The £5 gift only comes as a promotion when purchasing something from Amazon directly, only way to see/test it is to add something such as an Echo to your cart and on checkout you'll see the £5 being applied in the promotion section along with any additional promotion such as shipping refund.
    Only problem now is that is can be quite difficult to find products sold directly by Amazon, must of my purchases seem to be from 3rd party sellers using the Amazon platform which don't qualify for the promotion.

Contacted customer support chat as didn't see the £5 bonus in my credit balance. The £5 gift only comes as a promotion when purchasing something from Amazon directly, only way to see/test it is to add something such as an Echo to your cart and on checkout you'll see the £5 being applied in the promotion section along with any additional promotion such as shipping refund.
    Only problem now is that is can be quite difficult to find products sold directly by Amazon, must of my purchases seem to be from 3rd party sellers using the Amazon platform which don't qualify for the promotion.

So, for those of us that contacted CS, and got a fiver put on, will we expect to see another fiver appearing as a discount as originally planned? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Thanks OP. Received my £5, (and 50p prime credit.) The fiver doesn't show in the gift card balance, it is applied at the checkout as a promotional credit when you purchase something that qualifies for the promotion - just purchased something there myself, sold and shipped by amazon, and the promotion was applied and then the balance was taken off my gift card balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,422 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

My first £50 failed to go through so I ended up trying again. Suddenly I have £101.50 (75p bonus twice but no £5 extra). Contacted support about the 5er and they gave me 2x £5 pounds (one for each top up).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭lau1247

Any idea if there is any restriction with respect to which Visa card (Visa Credit Card or Visa Debit)?

Presumably most people used Revolut?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

The promotional balance didn't work for me at all until I messaged them, it now shows up as £5 prime video credit on the link given above and I used it against my lavazza coffee pods.

lau1247 wrote: »
    Any idea if there is any restriction with respect to which Visa card (Visa Credit Card or Visa Debit)?

Presumably most people used Revolut?

used revolut, but make sure it's a visa not mastercard

Can someone provide me with a link for the 1% Prime up, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭rameire

worked perfectly using Revolut, got the £5 straight away.
    went crazy and also bought vacuum bags.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement

Asus X540L wrote: »
    I had to get onto support as well but they gave me the £5 bonus no bothers

Put my fiver towards 10 Henry Hoover bags.

Happy days!

fefefe.png
    focus st diesel 0 60
    rameire wrote: »
    worked perfectly using Revolut, got the £5 straight away.
    went crazy and also bought vacuum bags.

You copy me again?

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Can someone provide me with a link for the 1% Prime up, please?

It's automatic if you top-up more than £50 and are a Prime member, and is more for higher amounts than £100. So it you are thinking of buying a laptop at the price of say £650, you can get £13 (2%) as a Prime bonus if you top-up first by £650 rather than buying it immediately by card, PLUS a fiver off when you apply this £5 credit!

This link may or may not work:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?rw_useCurrentProtocol=1&node=6577631031&ref_=amb_link_LkvIxfkkRBeQffw5KRBXQw_2

...so here's the blurb on the Prime bit:

Terms and Conditions

Get either an extra 1%, 1.5% or 2% added to your Gift Card Balance when you Top Up the amounts indicated below in a single order on Amazon.co.uk ("Offer"). In order to qualify for the Offer, you must:
    (1) have a paid membership to Amazon Prime;
    (2) have been invited to take part in this promotion by Amazon.co.uk;
    (3) top up £50.00–£99.99 in a single order on Amazon.co.uk to get an extra 1% Amazon.co.uk Gift Card reward, or £100–£199.99 in a single order on Amazon.co.uk to get an extra 1.5% Amazon.co.uk Gift Card reward, or £200–£1,000 in a single order on Amazon.co.uk to get an extra 2% Amazon.co.uk Gift Card reward.

The applicable Amazon.co.uk Gift Card reward will be automatically applied to your Gift Card Balance when you top up an amount falling within (3) above if you qualify for the Offer. The reward will be applied to the Gift Card Balance of the Amazon.co.uk account used for Top Up after the qualifying Top Up order has been processed. An e-mail notification will be sent to you to confirm the application of your extra Amazon.co.uk Gift Card reward.
    The top up to your Amazon.co.uk Gift Card balance must occur between 18 August 2020, 12:00 AM (BST) and 14 September 2020, 11:59 PM (“Promotion Period”).
    The amount processed in your Top Up order and the extra reward can both be checked on the Gift Card Balance page.
    This Offer may not be combined with any other promotional offer.
    Amazon may change or withdraw this promotion at any time at its sole discretion.
    In the event of a cancellation of the Top Up order, the reward amount will also be cancelled.
    Top Up orders at offline retailers are excluded from this Offer.
    When you Top Up, you are purchasing a Gift Card for the selected amount that will be automatically added to your Gift Card Balance, which may be redeemed on the Amazon.co.uk website towards the purchase of eligible products listed and sold on Amazon.co.uk.
    Gift Cards, including any unused Gift Card balances, expire 10 years from the date of issue. Gift Cards cannot be resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other account. Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if a Gift Card is used without permission. For complete terms and conditions, see www.amazon.co.uk/gc-legal.

nephster wrote: »
    It's automatic if you top-up more than £50 and are a Prime member, and is more for higher amounts than £100. So it you are thinking of buying a laptop at the price of say £650, you can get £13 (2%) as a Prime bonus if you top-up first by £650 rather than buying it immediately by card, PLUS a fiver off when you apply this £5 credit!

This link may or may not work:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?rw_useCurrentProtocol=1&node=6577631031&ref_=amb_link_LkvIxfkkRBeQffw5KRBXQw_2

...so here's the blurb on the Prime bit:

Terms and Conditions

Get either an extra 1%, 1.5% or 2% added to your Gift Card Balance when you Top Up the amounts indicated below in a single order on Amazon.co.uk ("Offer"). In order to qualify for the Offer, you must:
    (1) have a paid membership to Amazon Prime;
    (2) have been invited to take part in this promotion by Amazon.co.uk;
    (3) top up £50.00–£99.99 in a single order on Amazon.co.uk to get an extra 1% Amazon.co.uk Gift Card reward, or £100–£199.99 in a single order on Amazon.co.uk to get an extra 1.5% Amazon.co.uk Gift Card reward, or £200–£1,000 in a single order on Amazon.co.uk to get an extra 2% Amazon.co.uk Gift Card reward.

The applicable Amazon.co.uk Gift Card reward will be automatically applied to your Gift Card Balance when you top up an amount falling within (3) above if you qualify for the Offer. The reward will be applied to the Gift Card Balance of the Amazon.co.uk account used for Top Up after the qualifying Top Up order has been processed. An e-mail notification will be sent to you to confirm the application of your extra Amazon.co.uk Gift Card reward.
    The top up to your Amazon.co.uk Gift Card balance must occur between 18 August 2020, 12:00 AM (BST) and 14 September 2020, 11:59 PM (“Promotion Period”).
    The amount processed in your Top Up order and the extra reward can both be checked on the Gift Card Balance page.
    This Offer may not be combined with any other promotional offer.
    Amazon may change or withdraw this promotion at any time at its sole discretion.
    In the event of a cancellation of the Top Up order, the reward amount will also be cancelled.
    Top Up orders at offline retailers are excluded from this Offer.
    When you Top Up, you are purchasing a Gift Card for the selected amount that will be automatically added to your Gift Card Balance, which may be redeemed on the Amazon.co.uk website towards the purchase of eligible products listed and sold on Amazon.co.uk.
    Gift Cards, including any unused Gift Card balances, expire 10 years from the date of issue. Gift Cards cannot be resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other account. Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if a Gift Card is used without permission. For complete terms and conditions, see www.amazon.co.uk/gc-legal.

Doesn't work for me, must not have been "invited"

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

Is it supposed to take long after you top up?
    No major panic on it, just wondering if I will need to contact Amazon in the end.

Is it supposed to take long after you top up?
    No major panic on it, just wondering if I will need to contact Amazon in the end.

Should be pretty much instant.
    Have you checked the "Video credit" link I posted that shows if it has been applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

It took a good while for the credit to show up in my basket

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Still didn't get my fiver.. so got onto Amazon Customer Service again.

They apologised and gave me a tenner credit.. result!

This was on the Amazon homepage.

300x250-0e106a12-e8fc-4146-b69e-25fe1e024a2a._CB404897896_SY250_.jpg

I clicked on it, and set my visa card as default payment.
    Got no email confirmation, but an extra £5 voucher is added at checkout automatically "VISA Discount" now along with the Topup £5

525417.png

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

The promotional credit of £5.00 will only be deposited in the Amazon customer account if the customer has carried out the actions for participation in the offer within the promotion period from 01/09/2020 to 30/09/2020.

The promotional credit will be deducted automatically from the next purchase on www.amazon.co.uk at the cashier until 31/03/2021.

The promotional credit may only be used for products sold and fulfilled by Amazon and not for alcohol, e-books, baby and infant formula, gift cards, digital products, delivery and handling charges, and gift wrap, and may only be redeemed by adults. On gift wrappings, shipping costs or other costs, the promotional credit will not be counted. Only one promotional credit can be redeemed per person.

The offer is valid only for the products displayed on https://www.amazon.co.uk

Amazon shall be responsible for the delivery of the offer

Each customer can only participate in this promotion once. Only one promotional credit can be redeemed per order. The offer is not transferable and cannot be combined with other promotions. The promotional credit can only be redeemed by users who have not participated in a Visa promotion on www.amazon.co.uk in the last three months. In addition, the promotional credit will only be activated if a valid Visa card is deposited as the primary means of payment via the Visa 1-click landing page (via the 1-Click settings) and the purchase is made using a Visa payment method.

The offer is only valid for customers who have been shown a banner ad to promote the offer. In order to use the offer, the customer must first click on the banner advertisement and then carry out additional actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Topped up with £100 about 12 hours ago and I am still waiting on the £100 to be credited to my gift card, the amount has left my revolut account but order says processing, amazon support say I just need to wait. Usually only took a few mins in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

My £5 reward never showed up either. Waited 2 days then contacted support.

Very good service, sorted me in a few minutes

Advertisement