Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OnePlus 7T Amazon Germany €499

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

The OnePlus 8 has been announced and is going on sale for €719 here, can probably get it cheaper on Aliexpress.

Just to be aware of, thanks all the same OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

The OnePlus 8 has been announced and is going on sale for €719 here, can probably get it cheaper on Aliexpress.

Buy from Aliexpress and you are in a grey area with your warranty. Unless you want 5G there would be no reason to spend an extra €219 to get the OnePlus 8. They are pretty much the exact same phone. Plus you get the advantage of a flat not curved screen on the 7th.This is a good deal thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

Theres really hardly any difference between the 7T and the non pro 8, its def not worth an extra 200+

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Wouldnt recommend ordering anything from aliexpress at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

Any specific reason?
    I bought 7T from Aliexpress before Christmas, no problems.
    Currently selling it for €460.
    OP may be a better choice overall, but AE still looks like a viable alternative.

• Advertisement

johnb25 wrote: »
    Any specific reason?
    OP may be a better choice overall, but AE still looks like a viable alternative.

Bought a few items round 10 weeks ago. Getting the run around from them. Tracking shows it hasn't even left China yet. I've been putting it down to corona virus implications. Maybe I've just had bad luck

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You buy "through" Aliexpress not from them and if the argument might be to not support anything from China then remember not everything is shipping from China either.

Berty wrote: »
    You buy "through" Aliexpress not from them and if the argument might be to not support anything from China then remember not everything is shipping from China either.

Sound betty. Quotation marks really helped decipher the code

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

How does the camera compare to the likes of sasung S10.

My understanding its a weak point in this brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

johnb25 wrote: »
    Any specific reason?

Did you have to pay customs charges on the delivery of this from AliExpress?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,101 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Barr wrote: »
    How does the camera compare to the likes of sasung S10.

My understanding its a weak point in this brand.

Can only speak for the 7T pro, there is nothing weak about the phone. Infact it's the most bullet proof phone i've ever had, camera is great. I won't upgrade to the 8, I like the front facing camera is hidden Mrs has the Samsung 10 and I wouldn't take a present of it. Warp charging is addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

xtal191 wrote: »
    Pretty good price for the 7T, €499 plus delivery

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07XJ4S3Y8

Jumped out of the oneplus train once they changed their slogan to 'Flagship' from 'Flagship Killer'.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

reni10 wrote: »
    Did you have to pay customs charges on the delivery of this from AliExpress?

No. Bought from Hong Kong Goldway. Someone else on here had recommended them, but obviously no guarantees as to the future.
    Shipping cost was €24, via DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Can only speak for the 7T pro, there is nothing weak about the phone. Infact it's the most bullet proof phone i've ever had, camera is great. I won't upgrade to the 8, I like the front facing camera is hidden Mrs has the Samsung 10 and I wouldn't take a present of it. Warp charging is addictive.

Sounds a good option for the money , the S10 is more expensive if buying it sim free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Gone back up to €543 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

it's a steal for 460 to be fair

have the one plus 6t since nov 2018 as it's as quick as the day I bought it
    There's much better cameras out there but for your average Joe like myself who takes the odd photo it's hard enough to tell...looks great to me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭d.lally2

xtal191 wrote: »
    Pretty good price for the 7T, €499 plus delivery

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07XJ4S3Y8

Anyone who ordered this get there's yet and what plug came with it (Irish or German)? Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭roosterman71

d.lally2 wrote: »
    Anyone who ordered this get there's yet and what plug came with it (Irish or German)? Thanks!!

German. 2 pin variety

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭d.lally2

German. 2 pin variety

I presume warp charge isn't effected by using an Irish plug adaptor? Thanks

Don't think so. I've the 2 pin in our own 3 pin socket and warp charge is working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Quick question. When were you charged for this? Looking at my online banking after ordering, the payment was pending. It was dispatched on Friday but don't see any sign of payment. So either it's gonna come out on delivery or I get a free phone.
    I know with amazon uk it's payment on dispatch

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Quick question. When were you charged for this? Looking at my online banking after ordering, the payment was pending. It was dispatched on Friday but don't see any sign of payment. So either it's gonna come out on delivery or I get a free phone.
    I know with amazon uk it's payment on dispatch

Was charged within a few hours I think. Dispatched the next day

Thanks. Sure will just wait and see. Might just be slow processing payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Has anyone spotted a 7T for around the €500 mark again? The extra €50 on the Amazon.de website is holding me back! :o

Delivered today and charged today. Oh well.

Didn't realise it came with a case so happy with that.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Delivered today and charged today. Oh well.

Didn't realise it came with a case so happy with that.

If ya can figure out how to hide sensitive information on the lock screen without using the app locker, I'd be forever grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

If ya can figure out how to hide sensitive information on the lock screen without using the app locker, I'd be forever grateful

I don't have this phone, but I read somewhere that if you go into settings, then the search bar, and search for "sensitive" (without quotes) you see a result which gives this option?

I don't have this phone, but I read somewhere that if you go into settings, then the search bar, and search for "sensitive" (without quotes) you see a result which gives this option?

Comes up blank. Think it's Oxygen OS related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

I have OP7P and im sure u can do it somewhere because i was trying to do opposite way i want to see part of notification. I don't remember now where u need to dig in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Go to Settings - Apps & Notifications - Notifications - On Lock Screen.

You can set the options you like then.

Advertisement