Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apache Pizza: Any Large (4 Toppings) for €7.49

Options
  • 30-10-2018 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Online Only, Collection Only

Valid from 29 Oct - 4 Nov

https://www.apache.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

Picked one up on the way home. Been a while since I had takeaway pizza.
    Thanks OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Do Apache usually prepare pizzas without gloves on? Because the last time I was in there the guys weren't wearing any, I could clearly see them all working behind the counter when I went to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Arrival wrote: »
    Do Apache usually prepare pizzas without gloves on? Because the last time I was in there the guys weren't wearing any, I could clearly see them all working behind the counter when I went to pay

Wearing gloves doesn't mean that they are hygienic, it just means that they have gloves on. I've been to plenty of places where the staff are wearing gloves and handling money or changing tasks without changing gloves. Much like Empty Pockets they will require staff to wash their hands when starting a new task.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

The cooking process would kill any bacteria anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Thanks OP. Picked up one tonight. Can’t go wrong for €7.49 for a large Pizza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Arrival wrote: »

Wearing of gloves means **** and if anything it seems to be an excuse to do be less hygenic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Jameswhalley

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You don’t need to wear gloves while handling pre cooked food like pizza toppings. what’s the point of wearing a glove anyway, I’ve seen women in shops making a roll with a glove on and then take money without removing the glove, you never know where the glove has been,so I would sooner the person in apache didn’t wear a glove and washed their hands constantly as advised by the health inspectors.
    How would you do that

Washing the hands constantly,the hands would be fukked

I have to wear gloves to save my hands

You don’t need to wear gloves while handling pre cooked food like pizza toppings. what’s the point of wearing a glove anyway, I’ve seen women in shops making a roll with a glove on and then take money without removing the glove, you never know where the glove has been,so I would sooner the person in apache didn’t wear a glove and washed their hands constantly as advised by the health inspectors.
    Where is constant hand washing advised?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

With respect to the OP who highlighted the deal, shall we leave the "washing hands" debate behind?

I think that we all agree with the need for product and food safety, but since Apache are a franchise, it is probably not correct to tar them all with the same brush.

I'm sure that the poster raised the issue with their local store and this meant that the matter was resolved accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

a) This is a BA thread.
    b) This is not a handwashing/hygiene/food safety/any other topic thread
    c) back seat modding is a no no in every forum
    d) Cop on the lot of ye before I get a headache which makes my head sore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭AlanG

This is a good deal but be aware that in several Apache stores they don't use pork but they do not tell you when ordering. So last night I ordered a ham and a pepperoni pizza on this offer. When I got home there was neither ham or pepperoni on the two pizza. Turns out they put highly processed turkey on them instead and don't inform the customers unless you go searching on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

AlanG wrote: »
    This is a good deal but be aware that in several Apache stores they don't use pork but they do not tell you when ordering. So last night I ordered a ham and a pepperoni pizza on this offer. When I got home there was neither ham or pepperoni on the two pizza. Turns out they put highly processed turkey on them instead and don't inform the customers unless you go searching on the website.
    Where on the website? Or which branch was that?

I was going to use this deal this evening, hope it wasn't the Kimmage shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Glebee

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Where on the website? Or which branch was that?

I was going to use this deal this evening, hope it wasn't the Kimmage shop!

Its on there terms and conditions here.
    https://www.apache.ie/menu

Glebee wrote: »

Bit late finding out when you gave to order online to avail of the offer!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

"Selected stores use turkey bacon as a substitute for pork bacon products. Ask in-store for details."

That's fckng bizarre. I'll be firing off an email to the advertising authority.

Is turkey -bacon a made up word ?

I've never heard it used

Is turkey -bacon a made up word ?

I've never heard it used
    You can get turkey rashers.

I wouldn't though, they're rotten.

Any place that calls itself Apache in this pc age

You just know they're going to be liberal with their product descriptions

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    You can get turkey rashers.

I wouldn't though, they're rotten.

Apache can't just redefine the English language. Turkey is not bacon.

HL95bkP.png

If you're Halal, fine but why would you become a franchisee for a product that's heavily associated with pork-based toppings? What's next - vegan Apache?

sabat wrote: »
    "Selected stores use turkey bacon as a substitute for pork bacon products. Ask in-store for details."

That's fckng bizarre. I'll be firing off an email to the advertising authority.

You’d think that the stores in question would have some signage to let you know. It wouldnt be hard :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Great deal, was going to order for a lazy dinner this week but do you to ring up each shop individually to find out if they use bacon or not?

Great deal, was going to order for a lazy dinner this week but do you to ring up each shop individually to find out if they use bacon or not?

Ask them if they use turkey -bacon or pork-bacon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Same as fresh cod in chippers. Its rarely Cod..

Its a take a away pizza in fairness, event the 'pork" isn't a prime cut, its a mushed up reclaimed sinew fat and skin mix of slop.

I appreciate this is the Bargain thread, so Ill make my point. €7.49 isn't a bargain for any sized bread disc covered in pure ****e.

Glebee wrote: »

Bit late finding out when you gave to order online to avail of the offer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Hoboo wrote: »
    Same as fresh cod in chippers. Its rarely Cod..

Its a take a away pizza in fairness, event the 'pork" isn't a prime cut, its a mushed up reclaimed sinew fat and skin mix of slop.

I appreciate this is the Bargain thread, so Ill make my point. €7.49 isn't a bargain for any sized bread disc covered in pure ****e.

There's always someone who has too enlighten us.

Keep doing the great work

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭go4it

It's not the first , and definitely not the last promo campaign on a pizza/restaurant joint...
    That being said, it's interesting to see that the competition doesn't sleep : they're very active even on boards.ie (it's a online deal after all ) with subjects like using blue/white gloves by staff or the quality of the topings...

I bet nobody asks the delivery guy if the staff used the gloves when rolling the dough/toppings , or if the pieces of *meat* are real pork/beef/chicken or a wild animal trapped/killed in a less painful manner...
    Can you sense the difference between duck and turkey on small pieces of heavily spiced meat ?
    Do you know from what region on this earth the large source of catering chicken comes from ? Or what they been fed to gain a few pounds?

Although the ' frying/hot oil/cooking will kill the bacteria' is a semi urban-myth, you shouldn't look further for a cause of the food poisoning / bad tummy / winter bug /foot and mouth symptoms.

Would i buy a frozen pizza, made 75% by an automated machinery system on a factory where health and safety can close them down if not followed?
    Would i buy frozen dough and chop my own cooked meats/ cheese / spices?
    Maybe. Maybe i just want a pizza with a personal touch of the 'master baker' and his crew...and a few whisky shots, ti kill the remaining bugs ( another myth trending )

Did you read the moderator warning ?

Touche

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Online payment system is down, dam about to order in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Ooooo, that's Saturday's board game night chow sorted!! Woop!

Thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

Website is totally down now and can't order

Advertisement