Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rainfall Warning ...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,351 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

thats what I thought, the Lee is controlled by the ESB with inniscarra if I remember (and that event where they let out too much water and flooded the city :pac::pac: ) so depending on the amount of water building up behind that dam, and the time of high tide.. who knows. However the other towns in west cork would be more based on rain from the fields etc such as the Bandon River and Clonakilty

yeah the quay wall by the Mercy hospital didn't enjoy that day. I remember walking home from work on the north side of the city and I used to walk through Fitzgerald's park to get home not realising the flood waters. I walked across the shaky bridge and fitzgerald's park was like a lake. I've never seen anything like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,230 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

8.6mm here in West Clare, I note Shannon got even less tallying in at just over 5mm.
    Surprising considering the yellow warning.

The last yellow I got just over 14mm here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Quite a downpour here now outside Arklow from the dregs of this system
    I thought it was hail but it’s actually big drops of heavy rain hitting the window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

its been upped to an orange flood warning! Not good for them! Disgraceful that the flood relief scheme is taking so long for there. drive past there every week or so and its just the same for the last few weeks, building site.

Passed through Bandon around 2.30 today and Gardai diverting traffic. Fire brigade at the bridge and an engine driven pump as well. Water level rose to just short of red alert status. The town centre wasn't flooded but I'd say it wasn't far away.
    All the digging in the river in the last 2 yrs doesn't seem to be very successful. The flood plain west at Baxters Bridge/the black sticks was under several feet of water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

Passed through Bandon around 2.30 today and Gardai diverting traffic. Fire brigade at the bridge and an engine driven pump as well. Water level rose to just short of red alert status. The town centre wasn't flooded but I'd say it wasn't far away.
    All the digging in the river in the last 2 yrs doesn't seem to be very successful. The flood plain west at Baxters Bridge/the black sticks was under several feet of water.

And there was a lot of digging there, the amount of soil and rock they took out and moved across to the fields across the road, even totally diverting the river to do it is crazy. The fact guards had to divert and extra pumps put in just shows the plan has failed and rather then continuing to let it fail they need to re plan and just get it done once and for all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

There seems to be some glitches in the online reporting of these warnings. No warnings were showing on ME's website from 9am this morning, yet they had issued them for up to 6pm today for some areas. And yet the eu meteoalarm map on the site is still showing Ireland in yellow even now, though when you click through the end time given is 3pm/6pm.

Did they cancel these warnings early or something given they dropped them from their own site?

• Advertisement
Advertisement