Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't see a LIONS Thread?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Zoton wrote: »
    Are we feeling hopeful heading into Week 2 against the Packers, or has all that preseason hype dropped like a game winning pass to Deandre Swift?

It seems to be my curse as a fan of any team I support that I can't help feeling hopeful. While the collapse was utterly dreadful last week there were still a few things to take hope from. If Kenny Clark is out then I think we can make some headway in the run game.

I did just check our injury report though and it's not pretty. Looks like Okudah will play which I'm looking forward to seeing, but I have no idea who our nickel corner will be and if McRae is in man on anyone decent Rodgers will punish us.

I do expect to lose but wouldn't be totally shocked to see a fluke Lions win or probably more likely be in a position to win it with little time left on the clock but find a completely new way to **** it up, possibly with help from Clete Blakeman.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

It seems to be my curse as a fan of any team I support that I can't help feeling hopeful. While the collapse was utterly dreadful last week there were still a few things to take hope from. If Kenny Clark is out then I think we can make some headway in the run game.

I did just check our injury report though and it's not pretty. Looks like Okudah will play which I'm looking forward to seeing, but I have no idea who our nickel corner will be and if McRae is in man on anyone decent Rodgers will punish us.

I do expect to lose but wouldn't be totally shocked to see a fluke Lions win or probably more likely be in a position to win it with little time left on the clock but find a completely new way to **** it up, possibly with help from Clete Blakeman.

When Coleman went out injured last week, Roberts went to nickel. I assume he will start there this week. With any luck, McRae will only be used very sparingly.

Not very hopeful of win here either especially with news Golladay is still out, buton one note of optimism, I think the Packers are a little overhyped from week 1. That Vikings secondary was horrendous. We're surely can't be that bad. If we can get the run game humming, you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Lionbacker wrote: »
    When Coleman went out injured last week, Roberts went to nickel. I assume he will start there this week. With any luck, McRae will only be used very sparingly.

Not very hopeful of win here either especially with news Golladay is still out, buton one note of optimism, I think the Packers are a little overhyped from week 1. That Vikings secondary was horrendous. We're surely can't be that bad. If we can get the run game humming, you never know.

Roberts is doubtful I believe. He was good enough last week so hopefully he's alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Roberts is doubtful I believe. He was good enough last week so hopefully he's alright.

He practiced the last 2 days so has a "questionable" designation coming into to Sunday, so its a good sign he may start. If not we could be in serious trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Zoton

Even with the injuries, they're well capable of beating the Packers, but there just seems to some kind of mental block against actually winning games

• Advertisement
Advertisement