Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are you really happy? what is happiness for you?

Options
  • 20-01-2010 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Folks,
    Are you really happy with your life? what makes you happy, what is happiness for you?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

i'm really happy, becuase i do well at all the things i like.

what would make me truly happy though, would be a night with scarlett johansson. and her twin sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

For me, happiness is the ability to appreciate all the small things in life. Having a few bob in your pocket, meeting a friendly dog, a quiet bus ride home after a hectic day at work... They're small things on their own but when you think about them they do build up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Dr_Phil wrote: »
    Saturday afternoon, about 4 pm, when I know I don't have to go anywhere or do anything, when the dough for pizza is raising and I'm chopping tomatoes, ham, peppers and mushrooms... With Jameson or black rum mixed with coke (30:70) and nice music. Then hot bath. Perfectly with friends dropping in around 8pm to have a homemade pizza, coffee, more rum and nice chat until late, late night...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64822778&postcount=17

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Tonight I realised that just having some good music and a good set of headphones is what makes me happiest. I'm not trying to be all "my life is music", but, sitting trying to do some academic parp, I found myself smiling and dancing in my seat to some obscenely good Motown. I realised then that I couldn't remember being so happy in quite a long time. Maybe it's not just music, maybe it's about cutting loose, or maybe it's just enjoying the ether, but yeah... good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Happiness for me is laying in bed on a Sunday morning with my boyfriend, Reading a good book on a nice day, Going to the gym at 7 am and feeling so engetic the whole day.

For me it is all the little things kind of like a jig saw puzzle they all slot togther somehow and fell good when they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Happiness for me is knowing that the family are safe and happy and being with my wonderful partner and knowing he is happy too. Dont need lots and money and shiny things, just knowing you are loved by someone you adore is all i need........oh and some chocolate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

Happiness for me is reading a good murder mystery on a winter's night, with music playing in the background, one dog sprawled at my feet, one on my knee and the other on the chair beside me

Advertisement