Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Dollar DVD

Options
  • 22-06-2004 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

Anyone used this crowd? Have heard it can be quite difficult to get packages through? (forum on their website). Would be interested in any feedback!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Used them, no problems. Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Blatantly ripped off by some guy in Shangai with a rack of burners.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

They're copies, ie illegal. I'm guessing this topic will get closed in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

Guessed they were at that price!! But was wondering how many people actually did manage to get any!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Guy at work used them, without any bother. There's no box with these highly legal DVDs - the discs have an image pressed onto them, and you're supplied with DVD covers. Apparently they currently have Van Hel****e for sale, which is incredible given that it's not had a DVD release anywhere in the world...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭leef23

anyone got a link to there website can't seem to find it

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Estimated shipping costs from their website for 1 DVD to Ireland is 24.84 Dollars!!

Duke

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Is this this one http://www.threedollardvd.com ??

Are they really good dvds', L5?

Oh, never mind,

Matrix Revolutions, The 0.049 kg 1 3.00
    Last Samurai, The 0.049 kg 1 3.00

Shipping Weight 0.148 kg Subtotal: 6.00 USD
    Shipping Cost: 24.84 USD
    5% Credit Card Surcharge 1.542 USD
    TOTAL: 32.382 USD

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Do a google on 'two dollar dvds' and see what you get ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Originally posted by loup
    Anyone used this crowd? Have heard it can be quite difficult to get packages through? (forum on their website). Would be interested in any feedback!!

You looked at their forum at http://www.threedollardvd.com/forum/ ??

Thread titles such as:
    No dvd's yet, whats going on

THEY F**KED UP nearly 2 months and NO DVDs (UPDATE)

orders in Ireland being stopped

Aussie buyers beware!!!!!

Irish Customs Get Tough

NO DVDS - NO ANSWERS

No DVDs, No refund, No answers from 3$DVD

THIS IS ALL ABIT FISHY

Customs in Dublin are now stopping dvds

i know enough about bootleg dvds not to expect perfection ..

and my favourite:
    u guys r killing me

I don't think they're a customer service-oriented company...:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by ChipZilla
    You looked at their forum at http://www.threedollardvd.com/forum/ ??

Thread titles such as:
    No dvd's yet, whats going on

and my favourite:
    u guys r killing me

I don't think they're a customer service-oriented company...:eek: :eek: :eek:
    It would seem the Irish customs service have blacklisted the company and are seizing and inspecting the packages as counterfeit goods.

Good to hear.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

A mate of mine got an order from them some time ago. The package was delivered by courier. The discs came with sleeves for dvd boxes, but even with the sleeves, they were obviously mocked up (Quentim Tarantilo on Kill Bill was one). That was about 2 months ago however. Things have obviously changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭jister

The delivery price is per 0.5kg so you can order about 10 discs for the same delivery charge and the price works out less than €5 per DVD.

How effective can customs be? There are millions of packages coming through all the time they can't check them all, surely there are bigger fish to fry like petrol scams, drug imports, illegal cigarettes etc?

Some people consider these operations to be crooks but I think the crooks are the likes of HMV who charge a fortune for a disk which is worth only a couple of Euro. If the legitimate movie industry kept prices down then these operations would not exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I go to the cinema to watch movies. I rent out the movies. I will be damned if I'm going to pay E30+ for a dvd!!! This is why bootlegging is shriving at the moment.
    It is good to see the likes of pricestorm, play,blahdvd, etc making a difference though. Fair play to them.

I saw LOTR 3 in tesco for 34.95 !!!! NOW COME ON !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,549 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I buy my movies for €2.30 on Ritek discs.
    Top quality.Perfect retails.
    Xtrarobbers charge €5 per night .
    Crazy price esp if like me you keep on forgetting to return them on time.
    Blockbuster in the US have just introduced a new deal.
    $24.99 per month flat fee and you can rent up to 2 films at any time.
    You can bring these back then get 2 more so you could rent 60 films per month.
    Thats a super deal.
    Blockbuster are the parent company of Xtrarobbers so we may get the deal here soon !
    LOL :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I buy my movies for €2.30 on Ritek discs.

Wow now thats a nice little contact to have..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Three Dollar DVD = ILLEGAL!!!

Remove the links - Close the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

theres always somebody who wants to rain on a party!

DMT! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Originally posted by DMT
    Three Dollar DVD = ILLEGAL!!!

You a mod or something? No? Didn't think so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭jister

Oh God, we have finally met he who has not sinned and he is casting the first stone.

Let me ask you this, what proof do you have that the goods are illegal, have you purchased a batch and inspected them or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

WOW!!! I for one definetly want this thread and threads like these deleted, people should be put in jail for such a dissreguard for the law . Imagine the damage it would cause for more people especially children to look at this thread.......... Shocking just shocking *

* May just be a hint of sarcasm there ;) .

Theres no point in getting all up tight about things like this, relax a little there mate.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I don't think anyone here would be stupid enough to buy anything from that company given the reports of whats going on. The thread will remain open as it's better for people to be informed about it. It's now turning into a discussion about cheaper DVD's and that's fine once it's kept to LEGAL sources. If it goes beyond that, please report it and I'll shut it immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

I have ordered over 30 dvds from threedollardvd.com and they have all come through, my first delivery was stopped by customs but once i told threedollardvd.com they immediately resend them and i recieved them a few days later with no extra charge. All the dvds are perfect quality, all dolby surround sound, special features etc , im getting dvds for less than a fiver each which is perfect. the only minus is that the covers contain both chinese and english and in response to the people siting spelling errors in english on the cover, that is scanner errors whilst auto translating, happens where i worked too a lot, ie "r" appearing as "n" etc.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by tw0nk
    . the only minus is that the covers contain both chinese and english and in response to the people siting spelling errors in english on the cover, that is scanner errors whilst auto translating, happens where i worked too a lot, ie "r" appearing as "n" etc.

Ah, that would explain the errors then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

closed for obvious reasons.please don't have a discussion on importing pirate DVDs in future

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement