Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear (Ivory) on amazon.co.uk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

but they're not beats

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

bromley52 wrote: »
    but they're not beats

Everyone resist...

CpiK43q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭civitano

but they're not beats

Thank goodness

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

but they're not beats

No, their headphones!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Ugh, so tempting. Must resist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

civitano wrote: »
    Thank goodness

just a bunch of gibberish, and motherfookers act like they forgot about Dre :o

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Back to £249 now?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Back to £249 now?

Appears so, you normally have to be quick with these. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

yep, seems so. Great spot though, would love a pair but couldn't justify the price at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

Apple just bought the Beats company for $2,200,000,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Apple just bought the Beats company for $2,200,000,000

One maker of sh*t headphones buys another.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

You can get better value than Momentums in the market, even at that price. Not that much of a bargain really - and I say that as a big Sennheiser fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

One maker of sh*t headphones buys another.

I'm fairly sure Apple wouldn't call themselves a headphone manufacturer and I'm also fairly sure they didn't by Beats for their headphone making prowess.

Say what you want about the quality of their headphones they've done alight. I'd actually have no problem if you called a product of mine sh*t provided I'd just received $3000000 cash plus stock options from Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Sorry for o/t but Ive been wearing these kinds of headphones for more than 10 years now and they were far and away the best sound and the best at sticking in the exact sweetspot in my ear whether I was running, hiking or cycling, also you could keep an ear out for people talking to you/traffic etc and there was zero sound bleeding from them when they were on your head, Sony MDR-W08Ls, cant believe Sony discontinued them, loads of people online asking about them and prices on Amazon have shot up from $10-15 up to $150:

!!eCTMDgB2M~$(KGrHqMOKpQE0U4gMq2tBNRMJWCwwQ~~_35.JPG?set_id=89040003C1

Has anyone ever seen a similar styled pair? As in earbuds but with a headband? Ordinary buds just dont stay in my ear no matter what I try.

I think sennheiser or someone made a pair like that but Im drawing a blank...

PX685i maybe? Look similar anyway but I've never used those kind of headphones before so can't be sure.

Yeah I saw those but they dont review very well and they have a remote on the line so a pain for running, thanks though.

I see, looks like you might have to bite the bullet and try some IEMs i'm afraid. Which ones have you tried before? There are some very good ones that should fit your ears no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

I bought a pair of these last month, they sound the business. they are cheaper from amazon.de

http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B00AZZNXOK/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1401362142&sr=8-1&keywords=Sennheiser+Momentum&condition=new

I see, looks like you might have to bite the bullet and try some IEMs i'm afraid. Which ones have you tried before? There are some very good ones that should fit your ears no problem.
    I dont know the exact names I just know I need the headband and the inner ear design, seems to be a lot of people with the same issue if you read the threads on the Amazon pages from the MDR-W08s, cant believe they got rid of them, Ive been buying them since I was in secondary school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Thargor wrote: »
    Sorry for o/t but Ive been wearing these kinds of headphones for more than 10 years now and they were far and away the best sound and the best at sticking in the exact sweetspot in my ear whether I was running, hiking or cycling, also you could keep an ear out for people talking to you/traffic etc and there was zero sound bleeding from them when they were on your head, Sony MDR-W08Ls, cant believe Sony discontinued them, loads of people online asking about them and prices on Amazon have shot up from $10-15 up to $150:

!!eCTMDgB2M~$(KGrHqMOKpQE0U4gMq2tBNRMJWCwwQ~~_35.JPG?set_id=89040003C1

Has anyone ever seen a similar styled pair? As in earbuds but with a headband? Ordinary buds just dont stay in my ear no matter what I try.

I think sennheiser or someone made a pair like that but Im drawing a blank...

Had those and the equivalent Sennheiser pair
    Sennheiser withdrew them also?!

Nice fitting, light, good sound .... have moved on to over the ear closed headphones for the office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭creambun

How much was delivery @ heffsarmy, son is looking for them i can never understand Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

They're €199 here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

They're €199 here

Different model

If you want an on-ear model like above you're better off going for the HD-25 II or Amperior.

They're €199 here

That's the on ear, the baby brother of the over ear. See the difference here in the full range:
    http://www.hifihut.ie/catalogsearch/result/?q=sennheiser+momentum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

but they're not beats

No, but they are made in Ireland.

And Sennheisers have been the broadcast medias choice for over 2 decades...

You don't see MOTD commentators rocking a pair of white B paedo cans.

If you want an on-ear model like above you're better off going for the HD-25 II or Amperior.

Having owned all 3 models you refer to, I disagree on one level - for mobile use, the momentums are best IMO. If you're using these for at home only, maybe you have a valid point.

Having owned all 3 models you refer to, I disagree on one level - for mobile use, the momentums are best IMO. If you're using these for at home only, maybe you have a valid point.

I have to disagree. In fact I think it's the opposite. The other two are better for being on the move and the momentum is perhaps more suited for home use - but each to their own.

I have to disagree. In fact I think it's the opposite. The other two are better for being on the move and the momentum is perhaps more suited for home use - but each to their own.

Yup, you're entitled to disagree!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Cheapest I've ever seen these, ivory only at £169.98 STG - approx €210. For context they retail here at €299, and the black and brown versions are £249 and £259 STG.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HHTD1Q2/

I have a pair of these myself and they are truly top notch, they're also What Hi Fi magazine's best headphone in the £200-£300 STG bracket

http://www.whathifi.com/review/sennheiser-momentum

http://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/headphones

Or check the headphone threads on here for boardies reviews.

Waiting for 1st poster to say "but they're not beats" - and that's the point!:pac::P

Have a pair of Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear headphones, great closed headphones.

Advertisement