Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Euro Shop Hdmi Cables

• 30-03-2011 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

The 2 Euro Store in Kilkenny had a good few 2m and 1m HDMI cables. I got a few and they work fine. Good value compared to other B&M stores.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Oh no the quality must be horrific!

hehe only kidding ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 onelessprob

And you get the added excitement of hearing the interference of your incoming text messages before you actually receive it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

And you get the added excitement of hearing the interference of your incoming text messages before you actually receive it!
    not_this_crap_again.jpg?w=300&h=391

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Everytime.....every fucking time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,503 ✭✭✭Nollog

I got a 2m one in the 2yoyostore beside aib in clonmel.
    24 karat connections and everything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Newtown90

There hdmi cables...

Aren't all hdmi cables the same?

Unlike the scart leads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

hdmi cables are pretty much, yeh, if u need em get em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

There's a large number of reviews and discussions on the merits of a €100 HDMI cable vs a €2 one. Do an internet search and you'll find them. CNET is one that is most cited I believe.

Signal that travels through HD cables are in 1s & 0s, it's a digital not analogue signal. Think of the cable as kinda like a USB cable - you wouldn't spend more money on a platinum plated USB cable to get a better quality print or transfer your music to Mp3 player for better sound etc.

If you're a glutton for punishment by all means buy the expensive cable but also buy a €2 cable and compare them. If you see a difference give me a shout because I have some magic beans for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Will there is a difference
    For the lol there last weak I picked up 2 2 euro HDMI cables to see if they are the same

I used the 2 euro HDMI on my ps3 it failed to send 1080P to my tv and did not even send 3D like my 20 euro HDMI 1.4 cable

Then I plugged one into the sky HD box and the sound and pic where so bad my mum told me is there something wrong with the TV

Then I tried one on my laptop into the tv on my 3D TV and full HD tv all it will send was 720p to it even do my laptops GR card send 1080p to my tv with 20 euro cable I went it to my GR output and the max was 1920 x 720p

Yes I have proof with HDMi cables that play at lest 10 euros for one if your looking for it to last. I have had a HDMI cable from aldi that cost me 25 euros 4 years ago still going strong to this day.

But I know of people who I have seen me using a cheap HDMI and a good 20 euro HDMI and can see that the sound and the pic is better comeing from the 20 euro one

Also if you have the money to have a 350 euro ps3 and 800 euro tv you have a extra 10 euros to get a good cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,503 ✭✭✭Nollog

For the lol there last weak I picked up 2 2 euro HDMI cables to see if they are the same

I used the 2 euro HDMI on my ps3 it failed to send 1080P to my tv and did not even send 3D like my 20 euro HDMI 1.4 cable

Then I plugged one into the sky HD box and the sound and pic where so bad my mum told me is there something wrong with the TV

Then I tried one on my laptop into the tv on my 3D TV and full HD tv all it will send was 720p to it even do my laptops GR card send 1080p to my tv with 20 euro cable I went it to my GR output and the max was 1920 x 720p

Yes I have proof with HDMi cables that play at lest 10 euros for one if your looking for it to last. I have had a HDMI cable from aldi that cost me 25 euros 4 years ago still going strong to this day.

But I know of people who I have seen me using a cheap HDMI and a good 20 euro HDMI and can see that the sound and the pic is better comeing from the 20 euro one

Also if you have the money to have a 350 euro ps3 and 800 euro tv you have a extra 10 euros to get a good cable

Or, the 2 euro cable you got isn't 1080p hdmi 1.3 compliant.
    The pack on mine said it is, did your pack tell you anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Bought the 12 euro hdmi in Tesco and these ones just for testing, sure whats 2 euro.

Noticed the Tesco one is alot sharper, the font on my PC and Xbox alot better with the Tesco one

For movie viewing I didnt notice any difference, but with pc font it was very noticable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Well I won't watch anything without my €100 Monster....

just kidding

I got my HDMI cables free from a buddy who works in a larger retailer who've had a few of those Ross HD Satellite kits returned. ( they're a nil returns item to them so go in the skip)

Years ago I worked in a guitar shop who briefly sold Monster instrument and microphone cables,

I remember the RRP being between €35-€75, I also remember the markup being around the 100% mark,
    which for us at a time of internet competition and english suppliers ripping us off could not be ignored.

Most of the cables we sold to gigging musicians were returned within weeks
    and due to the molded construction could not be repaired like the excellent whirlwind cables which cost half as much, generally last a lifetime and could be screwed apart in the event of repair.

It took a lot of hassle to get credit back on the Monster cables despite the stated 'lifetime warranty'.

I haven't had a look at their HDMI cables, mainly due to the promotional crap they would print on the packages, POS and leaflets they would send to us.
    The main claim back then being the "extra depth" in frequencies which at the age of 17 I even knew were not detectable by a human ear
    I'd expect to see similar rubbish from their current products

It's crazy the things people make themselves believe, especially with a HDMI cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

TheDoc wrote: »
    Bought the 12 euro hdmi in Tesco and these ones just for testing, sure whats 2 euro.

Noticed the Tesco one is alot sharper, the font on my PC and Xbox alot better with the Tesco one

For movie viewing I didnt notice any difference, but with pc font it was very noticable.

Yeah those 1's and 0's are much sharper!

You can't get sharper with a digital signal. It either works, or it doesn't, there is no room for improvement regarding quality unless it just isn't working!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

any offers on vga cables there? or anywhere i could pick up a cheap one? :pac:

saw them in tesco a while back for 3.99.....didn't pick one up...my last visit to tesco they were 18.99 :eek: like im gonna pay that for one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Bought one of the HDMI cables and it works perfect through my xbox360 :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

have looked in dun laoghaire and bray with no success, can anyone nominate a branch that has stock?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

That's not how science works. You can't put a can of coke and a can of pepsi in front of a person and ask them which one they prefer, they're biased, just like you were. For cables <12' there has never been any tests that I've seen to show ANY difference across HDMI cables.

The €2 ones might not have as well built connections, so if you take them out and put them back in like some sort of ape a lot you'll have to replace them sooner because of wear and tear, but probably not 50 times during the life of one €100 monster cable. The quality of the connection will not make the 1s and 0s fuzzy though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

As rivalius said, the only possible difference would be in the physical quality of the cable. I wouldn't be surprised if the cheap cable breaks more easily, but then again it's only €2 to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭psicic

damian139 wrote: »
    have looked in dun laoghaire and bray with no success, can anyone nominate a branch that has stock?:confused:

Got three in Dun Laoghaire on Saturday, two of the 2 meter and one of the 1 meter cables.

D/L have shifted their electrical stuff to a different section, and it took me a while to find them (found the SCART leads first, then spent ages staring at the HDMI cables before it clicked "Hey, there they are!" They are close to the SCARTs - about two or three items to the right of them, about halfway up the shelf.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

The shop in Talbot St and Blanch SC had them recently when I checked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

thanks psicic, but i guess you knew i was gonna say that:D

psicic wrote: »
    Got three in Dun Laoghaire on Saturday, two of the 2 meter and one of the 1 meter cables.

D/L have shifted their electrical stuff to a different section, and it took me a while to find them (found the SCART leads first, then spent ages staring at the HDMI cables before it clicked "Hey, there they are!" They are close to the SCARTs - about two or three items to the right of them, about halfway up the shelf.)

Advertisement