Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bargain Alerts App (for iPhone / iPod Touch)

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Basq wrote: »
    As I mentioned above, not yet unfortunately.

Conor and Ross have mentioned they'll get working on one soon.. but to be honest, they're aiming at the Apple fanboys (like myself) who have more money than sense... and grab for anything shiny and white.

It is free for a limited time..

.. as in if you download it now, you'll never have to pay for it.

The Apple fanboy who loves bargains. Well I never...

Basquille is a complicated character, driven by powerful and contradictory urges for both bargains and Apple products. What torments and anguishes must he suffer within himself... a true Jeckyl and Hyde figure :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

Do I get some sorta prize or something for being the first one to "install" this brilliant app, and recogonise what Basq was really saying? My post was deleted from this very thread last evening at about 1.20am (didnt mean to spoil the surprise btw ... )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Gulliver wrote: »
    There's a cracked app for Symbian that allows you to convert and install Apps from the Apple App store.

Hmmm - even the word cracked has me dubious.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

ToadVine wrote: »
    Do I get some sorta prize or something for being the first one to "install" this brilliant app, and recogonise what Basq was really saying? My post was deleted from this very thread last evening at about 1.20am (didnt mean to spoil the surprise btw ... )

I hear there is a free iPad 2 for everyone who manages to install this app successfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

I hear there is a free iPad 2 for everyone who manages to install this app successfully.

:D

But I wanted to win teh whole entire interwebs ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

There's a cracked app for Symbian that allows you to convert and install Apps from the Apple App store.

+1 AppCrack will also convert to Android, Linux and DOS 6.1 :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Darragh wrote: »
    *awaits the Android version*

Conor and Ross are probably only a metre or two away from you. Give out to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭conormccarthy92

cant seem to locate app !?!?! iv searched boards.ie and have clicked the link from OP without sucess ? annoying

MoodeRator wrote: »
    +1 AppCrack will also convert to Android, Linux and DOS 6.1 :)

Yeah, but Windows Mobile 7 won't run it when converted to DOS :(

ToadVine wrote: »
    :D

But I wanted to win teh whole entire interwebs ....

The iPad 2 comes with interwebs preloaded. You only need to update it when a new site is put up. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I usually use http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=346 on my Android, or sometimes the full WWW.

What *real* advantage(s) does the app offer over the web version then?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

cant seem to locate app !?!?! iv searched boards.ie and have clicked the link from OP without sucess ? annoying

can't find it either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

I've found the apple calendar app has fixed all the bugs in this bargain alerts app! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Still sounds like a bag of spanners for the moment :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,505 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

This is not what we were promised at Boardsworld.

No Home Starter version
    No Business version
    No Ultimate version
    No Sharon Ní Bheoláin x64 version
    No PC Doctor Version
    No BSOD traction control

Hardly had the thing installed and it needed 47 updates.

Outrageous! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

This app should have come with a wealth warning.
    Having finally got it I realised BIG MISTAKE.
    Bargains just came flowing in at a rate of knots each one better than the last, exclusive to the app.
    Now my credit card is maxed out and also the 5 bargain virtual credit cards I signed up for. I have no idea what I am going to do with all this stuff I now realise I probably did even want.
    Oh thank gods they seem to have stopped I think the thing has timed out just now.
    ; Anyone got a voucher to enroll in the Bargains Anonymous 10 step treatment program. )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

wil wrote: »
    This app should have come with a wealth warning.
    Having finally got it I realised BIG MISTAKE.
    Bargains just came flowing in at a rate of knots each one better than the last, exclusive to the app.
    Now my credit card is maxed out and also the 5 bargain virtual credit cards I signed up for. I have no idea what I am going to do with all this stuff I now realise I probably did even want.
    Oh thank gods they seem to have stopped I think the thing has timed out just now.
    ; Anyone got a voucher to enroll in the Bargains Anonymous 10 step treatment program. )

And you think you have problems?

These are just the blu rays that Basq has bought since the app went live yesterday!

IMG_0319.jpg

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 47 badkittybad

Link didn't work for me either,now worried I will have to pay 99 cent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Link didn't work for me either,now worried I will have to pay 99 cent.

Try again, it worked for me... Posting this from my iPod touch!
    I guess it showed up for me because my account was already set to UK?...

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭j_lennon18

What a great App!! Have been using it all day yesterday but doesn't seem to work today. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

OK.. we've had our fun!

It just happened to be April Fool's Day and unfortunately, it was the one day that users did have problems in downloading the app.

However, those issues were both a amalgamation (yeah, it's a word.. look it up) of errors on my part, sheer unforeseen demand and miscommunication with Conor and Ross.

So it's with that, that I can now reveal the Bargain Alerts App is now working and live on the App Store and at the link below:

http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/boards-ie-bargain-alerts/id375121227?mt=8

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement