Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

sky88 wrote: »
    more cutbacks are inevitable sadly with no live events

Seriously?? Did you not see their figures for the last quarter? Record profits. It's the most profitable they've ever been. With the TV deals and by cutting out house shows they're making more than ever!

Literally you can tell me any other reason you want for why they've fired so many people during the pandemic but you can't tell me that it's inevitable because of cutbacks due to a lack of live events when the house shows have been a loss leader for years and the savings in running shows around the country have been pretty big and, most of all, when the money they're getting from TV is so much more than it has ever been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Seriously?? Did you not see their figures for the last quarter? Record profits. It's the most profitable they've ever been. With the TV deals and by cutting out house shows they're making more than ever!

Literally you can tell me any other reason you want for why they've fired so many people during the pandemic but you can't tell me that it's inevitable because of cutbacks due to a lack of live events when the house shows have been a loss leader for years and the savings in running shows around the country have been pretty big and, most of all, when the money they're getting from TV is so much more than it has ever been.

I never said there right to do it but there always going to cut people to save that extra cash drive more profit.

It’s inevitable because of how wwe runs the company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Yeah it's sad. But every company in profit or not will use Covid to cut people and take government grants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

WWE is a business and one fueled by greed and profit over everything else.

Yang is spot on about everything and Id love for WWE to get a solid politcal kick up the hole. They cant have it both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

jface187 wrote: »
    Yeah it's sad. But every company in profit or not will use Covid to cut people and take government grants.

Hate to keep making the same point but they haven't. Companies in their own field (wrestling) haven't. Companies not even a quarter the size of them haven't cut wrestlers. Some of these small companies have even hired wrestlers. Record profits. So no, not a valid excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

John Cena hosting Wipeout

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Hes hoping to make a big splash on TV.

I'll get my coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,887 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Stevie Lee, TNA wrestler and Jackass star dead aged 54

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Hate to keep making the same point but they haven't. Companies in their own field (wrestling) haven't. Companies not even a quarter the size of them haven't cut wrestlers. Some of these small companies have even hired wrestlers. Record profits. So no, not a valid excuse.

I think you missed the point I'm making. This will be the excuse the WWE will use. I never said it was valid or right. But it's perfect way for them to get rid of people and just blame it on Covid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AJ Lee has her own show on Hulu now.
    AJ Mendez sits down with her husband Phillip Brooks for a conversation about Latin Heritage Month and representation in TV and film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Never really liked Punk but he's properly on my cúnt list after his blood money tweet about Miz.

I enjoy the fact that Miz seems to live rent-free in his head while Miz couldn't give a toss about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭ThePott

It was just a one-off interview as part of a series but was a quite a nice watch.

AJ's career post-wrestling has been quite interesting, really intrigued to see where things end up for her.
    I'm a Punk fan tbh so it didn't bug me that he was there.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Never really liked Punk but he's properly on my cúnt list after his blood money tweet about Miz.

I enjoy the fact that Miz seems to live rent-free in his head while Miz couldn't give a toss about him.

What was his Tweet?

Man he is so bitter regrading Miz, as if Miz was responsible for being placed in the main event himself. He needs to let it go.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    What was his Tweet?

Man he is so bitter regrading Miz, as if Miz was responsible for being placed in the main event himself. He needs to let it go.

When Miz was guest hosting Backstage he said "Sorry I didn't change the culture" lightly poking at Punk's opening line on the first Backstage.

Punk responded in a totally normal manner by tweeting "Go suck a blood money covered dick in Saudi Arabia, you fúcking dork." before quickly deleting it.

It's hilarious how heated Miz makes him with no effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Of course he's bitter. Miz is a big star here in the States with his own reality series and he hosts a gameshow too. Add the scorcher of a wife, happy family, more money and WM main event and Punk has a lot to be jealous of. Not that his wife is any less attractive of course.

Of course he's bitter. Miz is a big star here in the States with his own reality series and he hosts a gameshow too. Add the scorcher of a wife, happy family, more money and WM main event and Punk has a lot to be jealous of. Not that his wife is any less attractive of course.

Its the Main Event that bugs him though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It's hilarious how heated Miz makes him with no effort.

Yeah, it's incredible with how successful CM Punk is, he's saved his money well, beat WWE and got what he was owed, has a pretty and cool wife (she signed my Mortal Kombat 2 snes box!) and got to walk into UFC and movies.....but still he's incredibly insecure. Ah man. Speaks volumes about him

• Advertisement

Imagine how bitter he’d be if he got the wrestlemania 27 main event and was used the same way as miz as basically a pawn to set up rock/cena

Renee on her first meeting with Vince...
    Renee also recalled the first time she met Vince McMahon backstage at an event.

"The first time I met him – and he would not even remember this. It was very meeting-in-the-hallway, and I shook his hand and whatever. We were in Hershey, Pennsylvania, I was brought in to TV and I got to the building early, as one does when you're new. I was used to our world of acting auditioning where you show up fresh faced then change and get ready for the show. Then I realized that's not really the deal, and you should show up looking nice with a full face of makeup on," said Renee.

"Little me is walking around backstage with a clean face, squeaky clean, and he comes walking down the hallway, and I'm like, 'Hi!' And I don't remember who it was with him, but they said Vince should not see you without makeup on. You should be fully done. He did not react in any poor way or anything, but I remember being like, 'Oh, I didn't know that. I thought I came here and I would go into makeup, so why would I already have makeup on?' It was very weird. He would not remember that, but I just remember that happening and I had not a clue that that was how it's supposed to work."

I don't know if it's a Vince thing or his army of kiss-arses thing.

I remember Michael Cole lost his shít with Pat McAfee for wearing a tuxedo with shorts. Cole, massive brown-nosing twat that he is, ran straight to Vince and told on McAfee but Vince actually liked it. He thought it was "hip" according to McAfee.

It’s a bit of both I say but mostly the army of kiss asses are generally even worse than the bosses from what I’ve seen myself in jobs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

PWInsider - Melina has signed with WWE.

Anyone know what Joey Mercury is doing?

I'm sure Morrison will be delighted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,339 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm sure Morrison will be delighted...

Is Batista definitely finished with wwe ?

• Advertisement

Was she even good in NWA when she was in it

She was okay in general. I think she wrestled while there. She has been wrestling over the last five years I know that.

I don’t think I’ve seen her since she was last in wwe whenever that was

I don’t think I’ve seen her since she was last in wwe whenever that was

Early 2010s was when she was in wwe last.

She was looking for a lift from Mullingar to Dublin last year.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Early 2010s was when she was in wwe last.

She did turn up for a Retro Raw anniversary special too or did I imagine that?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    She did turn up for a Retro Raw anniversary special too or did I imagine that?

I meant full time but yes she was on a retro raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,286 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is Batista definitely finished with wwe ?

Ask Dana Brooke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

She was good, she was working with Marti Belle and Thunder Rosa as primarily a mic piece.

I just watched the mandalorian trailer for the second series and I see Sasha banks is in it this season in some form or fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,161 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So essentially he is going to beat the living snot out of Jey to cement his heel turn.

Loughc wrote: »
    So essentially he is going to beat the living snot out of Jey to cement his heel turn.

and im very here for it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Advertisement

Steph just sold nearly half her WWE stock for €2.25m

RIP Animal.

Was checking Wikipedia to see if it had any info about an illness. Are there people who just live to update wiki? that tweet is about 20 mins old and his page was already updated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Another big one gone to the ring in the sky. Hawk is waiting on the hot tag beside the pearly gates right now.

Mods, worth creating an alternate thread for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Sudden obviously. He only did a podcast on Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Either Steph had feck all stock or the share price plummeted. Would have thought half her stock was worth more than that

Steph just sold nearly half her WWE stock for €2.25m

Did she have much to begin with.

2.5 million seems very low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Didn't someone explain this is already in an understandable way before? It's probably nothing to worry about.

Advertisement