Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Home (Mini - €35, Home - €99)

• 16-11-2018 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Currys have these devices on sale today, it's a decent saving on the mini at almost half the RRP. the full size Home is 1/3 off too.

Google Home

Google Home Mini

Hope this helps someone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

just reserved one for click and collect, thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Reserved 1 + the mini , waiting a while for these to drop. Thanks Op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭matchthis

Littlewoods have home for 93 and mini for 34. Code N77PP gives 12 months interest free

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

Needed 4 for Christmas Presents so saved €100!:D
    Thank you good citizen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Thanks op. Was waiting for these

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Thanks, wanted another one for a Christmas present. Reserved one!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Hi, just a quick query from those of you in the know - thinking of one of these (mini) or an Amazon echo dot..... Which is better? And can they both operate Hive smart heating and light bulbs etc ?...... Thanks for any help in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭The Haven

Hmm, now I am getting interested in these, as I've just upgraded my TV.
    It will be a nice addition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

Still waiting for my "free" one that was supposed to come with the Nokia 7 plus I bought my son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

matchthis wrote: »
    Littlewoods have home for 93 and mini for 34. Code N77PP gives 12 months interest free

Does it have to be on those exact products for the code to work ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Thanks OP. Have the home already so will add a mini for another room!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just got a couple for Christmas presents. Thanks OP. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Won't add to basket for me, even tried click and collect. Anyone else get this problem?

Does it have to be on those exact products for the code to work ?

Nope,:has to bought on credit obviously and is 39 percent interest if not paid off in time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

Thanks op. Good deal.

Unfortunately after reserving the big one in Currys Galway they said they have none left. For some reason it is letting you reserve (drive 30 mins :P) even though there aren't any there.

Thanks op. Good deal.

Unfortunately after reserving the big one in Currys Galway they said they have none left. For some reason it is letting you reserve (drive 30 mins :P) even though there aren't any there.

I just heard on the radio that Harvey Norman are price-matching all of their competitors today. Worth a shot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

Mr E wrote: »
    I just heard on the radio that Harvey Norman are price-matching all of their competitors today. Worth a shot...

Good spot cheers, they actually have the price of it up as 99 euros too so no need to request price match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Have the Google Home and Mini, also have an Echo Dot, not only does the mini look far nicer it's a much better device. It can understand me despite the baby screaming in the room, really impressed with its understanding, also sound is good off both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

matchthis wrote: »
    Nope,:has to bought on credit obviously and is 39 percent interest if not paid off in time

I spoke to chat. It only applies on non sale items and some electronics

But thanks for the code OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,554 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Dave147 wrote: »
    Have the Google Home and Mini, also have an Echo Dot, not only does the mini look far nicer it's a much better device. It can understand me despite the baby screaming in the room, really impressed with its understanding, also sound is good off both

I have the same as you and I find the mini has a better sound compared to the dot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Knockieranlady

cathalj wrote: »
    Hi, just a quick query from those of you in the know - thinking of one of these (mini) or an Amazon echo dot..... Which is better? And can they both operate Hive smart heating and light bulbs etc ?...... Thanks for any help in advance.

I have both and would go for the echo dot or echo every time. I find echo dot hears better at loud volume. Bought minis for presents over the year and both said they find it hard to be heard by the mini if volume is high. Just bought an echo to replace a google mini for my mother for Christmas.

I spoke to chat. It only applies on non sale items and some electronics

But thanks for the code OP

Worked for me earlier when I bought them :confused: bought a laptop last year and also worked. Different Code, but same principal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭OU812

If you’re going through Dublin airport, Dixon’s travel have the Home for €75 & the mini for €26

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Still waiting for my "free" one that was supposed to come with the Nokia 7 plus I bought my son

Just reminded me that I am too, must be waiting 2 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Google Home is the same price on the Google Store, the mini is 4euro more expensive on there for some reason

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

cathalj wrote: »

I've a Google Home, GH Mini x 2, Echo and Echo Dot. The Echo and Echo Dot are now unplugged and unused....

GH far superior IMO. Much better at understanding you and the Google services behind it are far better. Echo uses Microsoft Bing services which are just rubbish in Ireland IMO and it also sounds far more robotic then GH. Google are definitely far ahead on the AI stuff.

And Yes Hive works with Google Assistant and thus GH.

OU812 wrote: »
    If you’re going through Dublin airport, Dixon’s travel have the Home for €75 & the mini for €26

Hmm, I assume it will be that price until at least next Friday. That's a great price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Mr E wrote: »
    Hmm, I assume it will be that price until at least next Friday. That's a great price.

I went through yesterday and they weren’t marked at that price, had a hard time finding them there at all

I went through yesterday and they weren’t marked at that price, had a hard time finding them there at all

I think the start time of this thread is a clue to when this offer started everywhere. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not sure about this, but the google store has an extended trial for google music. Could be there no matter where you buy from but it's listed at least there.

from the look of it the trial lasts until April and you can't be an existing/prior or used another trial of any of the premium music services.

Beware of the chromecast on google store.

The picture is of the 3rd gen, but when you click in the picture is then of the 2nd gen and stays the 2nd gen throughout the ordering process. When I went on the store with a desktop browser, the webpage is titled "chromecast second generation".

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭kave2

Beware of the chromecast on google store.

The picture is of the 3rd gen, but when you click in the picture is then of the 2nd gen and stays the 2nd gen throughout the ordering process. When I went on the store with a desktop browser, the webpage is titled "chromecast second generation".

Yes, 2nd gen only on the Irish store. UK store has the 3rd gen, 20£, works out even cheaper via PW.

kave2 wrote: »
    Yes, 2nd gen only on the Irish store. UK store has the 3rd gen, 20£, works out even cheaper via PW.

£29 on uk store says Save £20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Ryath

Home mini they're talking about the Chromecast 2nd Vs 3rd gen
    https://store.google.com/gb

Can't link directly to it. Bought the one on the Irish store myself yesterday. Hopefully the 3rd gen comes. Doesn't seem to be a huge difference between them any way. Is a tiny bit faster.

My bad. Hoping the audio comes down too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭py

Just reminded me that I am too, must be waiting 2 months.

Mine came really quick so ye should follow up on that. Think it was less than 2 weeks at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I ordered one to collect in Curry's Mahon Point, the man getting my order spent a good 5 mins going through the stack of mini's waiting to be collected behind the counter to find mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭kave2

Ryath wrote: »

Home mini they're talking about the Chromecast 2nd Vs 3rd gen
    https://store.google.com/gb

Can't link directly to it. Bought the one on the Irish store myself yesterday. Hopefully the 3rd gen comes. Doesn't seem to be a huge difference between them any way. Is a tiny bit faster.

3rd gen is not available in Ireland.
    https://support.google.com/store/answer/2462844?hl=en-GB

Advertisement