Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get quote for new car on order

Options
  • 08-05-2017 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi
    I'm after placing an order for a new VW golf R.
    It's a car I've dreamed of owning for years and I'm now in a financial prosition to so.
    I rang liberty for a quotation for this new car and I was told that I have to be at least 30 years old for them to give me quote( I'm 27, 8 year NCB 8 years full licence)
    I asked if there is anyway way I could get a quotation and was told that the car had to be in my name for them to give me a quote. This is no good to me as the car is not due for arrival until end of July.
    I'm in a bad situation now as I have no idea if I can be insured on the car that I have ordered an will be getting
    I've been with Quinn/liberty from the start and never had any problems with them until now.
    I'm a little disappointed I was not given any options only to wait until the car is delivered and in my name and assume I will get a quotation.
    Even if I get a quotation i have no idea how much it will be.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 112 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Lisa K

Hi Laser2, if you PM me your policy number I can have a look into this for you. Thanks Lisa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Your current insurer has to offer you a quote as long as you have a licence to drive it and it's not against the public interest

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Laser2

All sorted, just had to comfirm I had the car on order via letter from garage, got a very reasonable quote from liberty when I had this confirmed in writing
    Thanks to Lisa from liberty insurance for following up on this

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Best of luck with the car, I want one of them bad, lol.

Advertisement