Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funny names

• 15-04-2002 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

id like to hear about names that you have come accross that are funny, like the one in the simpsons, seymour butts

and i have a friend in work whos name is Phillipa Tubb!!

my x and his brother both are called Mary as a second name and his niece is called Andrew......

any more????

Oh yes Mike Hunt come to reception...... ps i hate that word

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Eileen Over, Ulick McGee and Phil McCraic spring to mind.

As does Annette Curtain and Les Bean

Hmm, i seem to be 12 years old all of a sudden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Annette Ball & Gethan Dick are the best girls names Ive come across.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,493 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Or the Italian Francesca Bunni that married John Rabitte. From then on they were known as the Bunni-Rabittes. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,493 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Or the world famous architect Dick Rogers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 stable music

I've a brother called Justin Casey. Imagine the fun he must haver had on school trips.

Whilst working in Northern Ireland I met this fella once called Chester Drawers. He had the i.d. to prove it. A Tennants drinker I recall..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I can recall working in the RDS once, registering visitors at the front door of an exhibiton, and an extremely attractive man approached my workstation only to hand my a business card that said his name was Wilbert Poontlebury.

Oh, how I chortled behind my hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭apiou

My name is MAIRE (with the fada on it). Nothing New In Ireland. But I live in Paris. I was at an working evening while I was at PW in Paris and we had invited a lot of (important) government people. I had my little badge with my little name on it MAIRE ..... A lot of people came up to me and said - OH I AM SO SORRY, BUT WHAT TOWN ARE YOU FROM, ......... ) as MAIRE in French means MAYOR and they all thought that I was a mayor from a town and were totally embarrased that they did not know me. THAT IS IRISH FOR YOU...........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement