Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bouncers-are they scum or what?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lara

I agree with those who think that bouncers are just there to give off the right image. Picture this: waiting outside a pub on the quays (for a friends birthday - I wouldn't go there normally, purely because of the Qing). The Q is about 30-40 people long and the bouncers are letting people in in twos and threes, as others are coming out, as if the place is full. So after 40 mins, we finally get inside to discover that not only is there no cover charge on the door (which would be another reason for letting people in in small numbers), but the place is half empty. So all the Qing was just to make the place look popular. Not the first time I've been somewhere and that happened.

Also, I knew a bouncer in a Dublin late bar that used to brag about dragging people down an alley away from the Garda camera to kick the heads off trouble makers (or so he called them). Completely unnecessary. And also assault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

whats new? i know som1 caught with pills going into a pub, bouncers took them and his money of him, gave the money back to him, he had the buy his pills back from them. bouncers taking ppl out the back is old news. Q for a pub sucks tbh, i wouldnt bother, not unless i knew there ws somthing i realy wanted inside. had to Q for 50mins to get into club-pop (and they only excpet plastik, no cash at all), where there is always loads of celebs, that Brian from Westlife hates me, i made him loook liek a fool, hahaha. loads of pubs are couples only once it hits 9:00 also , girls get in free etc, have to Q to get into Fabric for about 3-4 hrs each ****ing weekend, did manage to blag it in for fre once there tho, which for voted the best club in london, is hard to do:>

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by [sk.Ser]
    girls get in free etc,

Does this still happen anywhere in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

Girls can get in to some clubs for free which is fine by me cos the nights a whole lot cheaper. Only problem with that is that the ratio of girls to lads is always really high.

Bouncers don't go any easier on girls. Try to get into Merlins in Waterford on a Friday night for example. I'm 21, always dress well going out- skirt, heels etc, and always carry my ID. I don't drink a lot so I never go near bouncers looking anywhere near drunk. For ages I never had a problem getting in by showing my garda ID but for some reason the last time I tried to get in the bouncer demanded a driver's licence or birth cert. I didn't have either and the bouncer insisted that garda ID had never been accepted in Merlins. What a load of crap considering I'd been using it to get in every night I'd ever been there.

Another time I was with a friend and though he had ID, had only 2 pints in him and was dressed very well they refused him, saying he was too drunk. After failing to reason with them, they told us to go away, get a cup of coffee (???) and come back in half an hour. No problems the 2nd time. That was totally pointless and ridiculous considering we were both sober.

I've come to the conclusion that those bouncers just pick people at random, say every 10th person and give them hassle. I know they are trying to do their job, but they should be on the look out for people who may cause troble and leave people who just want to mind their own business and enjoy a night out alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Im_a_toaster

I LOVE BOUNCERS, THEY ARE THE BEST:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement