Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Velo Orange Stainless Steel Mudguards 38mm

• 19-09-2020 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭

Velo Orange Stainless Steel Mudguards 38mm, come with all fittings and instructions. Didn't fit my bike and have been sat in the garage for a year or so, never used. The blurb says they will take up to a 30mm tyre. Lovely quality addition to any vintage / retro / steel build. If i remember rightly they cost me about £80 inc shipping. Looking for €50. Thanks.
    Bike Radar Review: https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/accessories/mudguards/road-bike-mudguards/velo-orange-mudguard-fenders-review/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭clod71

guym wrote: »
    Velo Orange Stainless Steel Mudguards 38mm, come with all fittings and instructions. Didn't fit my bike and have been sat in the garage for a year or so, never used. The blurb says they will take up to a 30mm tyre. Lovely quality addition to any vintage / retro / steel build. If i remember rightly they cost me about £80 inc shipping. Looking for €50. Thanks.
    Bike Radar Review: https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/accessories/mudguards/road-bike-mudguards/velo-orange-mudguard-fenders-review/

Are they for 650b or 700c wheels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

clod71 wrote: »
    Are they for 650b or 700c wheels?

Hi, they're for 700c wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭sbs2010

Hi,

Any chance you could do these for 40 ?
    Also - where are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

sbs2010 wrote: »
    Hi,

Any chance you could do these for 40 ?
    Also - where are you based?

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply.
    I could do 40 if you can collect. I'm based in West Limerick.

guym wrote: »
    Hi, sorry for the delayed reply.
    I could do 40 if you can collect. I'm based in West Limerick.

Unfortunately I'm in Dublin. Id say postage would be messy and would have liked to see them.

I'll pass so.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi guym,

Are these still available?

If so and you're willing to post to Dublin how much are we talking all in?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Hi guym,

Are these still available?

If so and you're willing to post to Dublin how much are we talking all in?

Thanks.

If he doesn't get back to you I might have something similar in the shed, never used (I 100% do have unused velo orange mudguards but would need to check sizing etc)

Edit sorry, I have Gilles Berthoud Stainless Steel, not velo orange

If he doesn't get back to you I might have something similar in the shed, never used (I 100% do have unused velo orange mudguards but would need to check sizing etc)

Edit sorry, I have Gilles Berthoud Stainless Steel, not velo orange

Hi Wersal,

If you could check the size and post back with details and a price that would be great.

Mods, are we ok to do this here or do we need a new thread?

Thanks.

Hi Wersal,

If you could check the size and post back with details and a price that would be great.

Mods, are we ok to do this here or do we need a new thread?

Thanks.

Just checked and they are 40mm across, with a measuring tape, I don't have any precise calipers type of thing.

Pretty sure it's this exact one, in the long version also:

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/mudguards/700-x-40-gilles-berthoud-700c-stainless-steel-mudguards-long/?geoc=IE

They are exactly as per description there, with the pictured accessories too, and also has stated "Bracket for rear brake bridge fitting NOT included. Available separatley, SJSC part #28520"

So to be clear, I also don't have that part.

They came with a blue film over them to protect them, I removed the front film to try and fit the guard but it just doesn't fit my bike so they have been sitting in the shed for over a year now.

My bike is a condor fratello rim brake, in case that helps you get a sense of things (guards too big with 28mm tyres and didn't want to go cutting or bodging them on which may be possible).

I think I'd ask for 45 quid and accept an offer of 40, does that sound reasonable?

If you're interested send me a message with your number and I can send you photos tomorrow in the daylight

Just to add, I think you might need to be reasonably handy to fit these. I wouldn't be the best, but I have fitted mudguards, cut stays, etc, but I was looking at these things at the time and the bag of bits that came with them and fairly scratching my head to he honest! Didn't matter in the end anyway as they were slightly big

• Advertisement

Just checked and they are 40mm across, with a measuring tape, I don't have any precise calipers type of thing.

Pretty sure it's this exact one, in the long version also:

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/mudguards/700-x-40-gilles-berthoud-700c-stainless-steel-mudguards-long/?geoc=IE

They are exactly as per description there, with the pictured accessories too, and also has stated "Bracket for rear brake bridge fitting NOT included. Available separatley, SJSC part #28520"

So to be clear, I also don't have that part.

They came with a blue film over them to protect them, I removed the front film to try and fit the guard but it just doesn't fit my bike so they have been sitting in the shed for over a year now.

My bike is a condor fratello rim brake, in case that helps you get a sense of things (guards too big with 28mm tyres and didn't want to go cutting or bodging them on which may be possible).

I think I'd ask for 45 quid and accept an offer of 40, does that sound reasonable?

If you're interested send me a message with your number and I can send you photos tomorrow in the daylight

Ok, 45 offered, subject to discussion on sizing and postage.

You're not in Dublin by any chance?

Ok, 45 offered, subject to discussion on sizing and postage.

You're not in Dublin by any chance?

I was saying I'd take 40.

Im in Dublin yes and couldn't be bothered dealing with trying to post something like mudguards to be honest.

As I said, send me a message with your number if you want any photos or info.

I was saying I'd take 40.

Im in Dublin yes and couldn't be bothered dealing with trying to post something like mudguards to be honest.

As I said, send me a message with your number if you want any photos or info.

Cool. Will send PM

Advertisement