Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerlifting Coach

Options
  • 18-10-2017 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

So I’ve been going to the gym for a good few years now. Maybe the last 2/3 years have been very consistent. I’m having OK numbers, maybe could be a little better given my time in training.

However, my bench press has been seriously lagging behind. I can’t seem to find proper form or technique. When I bench press, I don’t feel the full affect in my chest. So I was thinking of maybe going to a once of session with a powerlifting coach for intermediate lifters. I was hoping a coach could advise me of proper form for all my lifts and then I can go off and work on my own from there. I only use the gym for fun, I’m not a serious lifter or ever looking to compete.

Could anybody point me in the right direction? I attend Flyfit gyms but the personal trainers there all seem to be for beginners or clients interested in fitness rather than powerlifting.

My 1 Rep Max are:

Bodyweight: 76.5kg

Bench Press: 100kg – 102.5kg

Squat: 145kg - 150kg

Deadlift: 190kg – 195kg

Military Press: 72.5kg

Pendlay Row: 95kg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Where would you be looking for one, ideally?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Ideally around the south side Dublin. I live in Dundrum but also have a car, so can drive.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

James Hanley in Revfit. Having trained in his gym he's a very clued up trainer as are the other guys in his gym. No Bull**** and if something isn't working he'll find an alternative. All my numbers shot up in with decent planning and application. Since I've left, I've struggled to get my numbers as high

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Kieran Hegarty is very good he's based in Raw gym in town. He posts here as COH definitely worth contacting.

• Advertisement

CWF wrote: »
    Kieran Hegarty is very good he's based in Raw gym in town. He posts here as COH definitely worth contacting.

Seconded.

Or given it was in the PM...firsted? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Yeah I added COH as a friend on FB and instagram. Thanks guys, it's exactly what I was looking for. I will definitely use him as a coach. His Instagram posts seem spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Yeah I added COH as a friend on FB and instagram. Thanks guys, it's exactly what I was looking for. I will definitely use him as a coach. His Instagram posts seem spot on.

Ah good man. You're in the right hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭COH

Get in touch dude ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

COH wrote: »
    Get in touch dude ;)

does one have to be a member of RAW to get coaching?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭COH

guile4582 wrote: »
    does one have to be a member of RAW to get coaching?

Nope - not at all

Advertisement