Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

value of empty dairy cows

• 25-11-2009 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭

was wondering what price empty dairy cows might be , talking 2nd lactaction up to cows which are nine year old , i was thinking 600 for the younger ones and four hundred for the older ones ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

dont know but it depends on alot , suppose youngish ones would go anything up to 750 down to 300 for real old ones would you be putting them in calf or culling

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭zetorman

Are ye joking ?? I can never get more than around 100 euro for those reindeer like empty holsteins !! Was thinking of bulling 2 of mine to sell as springers next autumn for the winter milk trade. When is the most popular time for the winter milk lads to calve their cows ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

zetorman wrote: »
    Are ye joking ?? I can never get more than around 100 euro for those reindeer like empty holsteins !! Was thinking of bulling 2 of mine to sell as springers next autumn for the winter milk trade. When is the most popular time for the winter milk lads to calve their cows ?

you talking about stripper cows for fattening for the factory , their are dealers who only sell dairy cows who are always on the look out for empty cows which are otherwise fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i dried off some of mine that where scanned not in calf and put them with my friesian bull will scan them in a few months if not in calf they will get the chop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

ive a go of them as well, about 10 or so, mixed bag altogether.hfs, fat, feeders, and a couple bag of bones. 6 wks ago got 750 for ones about month off killing, from dealer in yard (no mart fees), 500 - 550 for feeders, and 350 for scrap:rolleyes:
    i know they are back a bit at the moment, but would still be expecting 50 - 80 less that above mentioned
    any one know what they are making at mart, mine have no roof over their head, and dealer has no fodder to buy any more:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement