Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung NC10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Galego wrote: »
    You can find the black ones in stock on this website below. It works out around 360-365 EUR with delivery included.

http://www.laptopshop.co.uk/

Thank you very much Galego, I just put my order through now. All things going to plan, I hope to have it by mid to late next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

marktsang wrote: »
    thats ex vat -
    its the same price as else where 299 sterling -

1 British Pound = 1.16535 Euro
    1 Euro (EUR) = 0.85811 British Pound (GBP)

NC10 - 299
    Delivery - 10
    Total = 309 GBP = 360/365 EUR.

blobert wrote: »
    Quick question regarding this, can you get it with a Solid State Drive or must you get the 160GB Hard Drive.

The only thing putting me off getting one of these is that I have only seen them with the non solid state ones.

Thanks in advance

There is NOT SSD version. But if you have the money to afford it you can always upgrade that HD and replace it for a good and fast SSD.

For those who can get it delivered to a UK address (North of Ireland) Dixons has the NC10 for £288.05 and free delivery within uk.

Normal price is an already cheap £293.05. When you're at the checkout stage simply add in the code "SAVE5".

These samsungs are getting cheaper and cheaper.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

If I buy one of these from a Dixons/PcWorld/Currys in NI will I be able to return it to one of those shops in the south seeing as they're all part of the DSG group?
    Also, is the price of £293 only available on their website or will I find that price in the actual shop too? It's interesting that on play.com they have this laptop for £299 (which is just over 350euro at today's rate) but when you click to euro prices it is 419! How can they get away with this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

rc28 wrote: »
    If I buy one of these from a Dixons/PcWorld/Currys in NI will I be able to return it to one of those shops in the south seeing as they're all part of the DSG group?
    Also, is the price of £293 only available on their website or will I find that price in the actual shop too? It's interesting that on play.com they have this laptop for £299 (which is just over 350euro at today's rate) but when you click to euro prices it is 419! How can they get away with this??

Play have a habit of always messing with the exchange rate of items, I wouldn't worry about it anyway as you can't get electronics delivered to Ireland from there.

Hope these actually come this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lordluxor

The Samsung NC10 has been reviewed at Trusted Reviews. I ordered last week from Dabs, so awaiting the stock to come in. After reading this review I think I made the right choice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dubs_Fan

The black NC10 is available today on laptopsdirect.ie. I ordered one this morning and within a couple of hours I got a mail saying it was dispatched. I hope all goes well with delivery bearing in mind the other posts about laptopsdirect. Can't wait to get the box open when it arrives.

Fingers crossed!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

Just been told ours will be here this week as well as it has hit the U.K, Black and White. Guess they got their stock already.

Kin Mak wrote: »
    Just been told ours will be here this week as well as it has hit the U.K, Black and White. Guess they got their stock already.

Great news Kin.

Has Samsung given you any exact day of the week?

• Advertisement

Not really, they are pretty damn slow checking in stock to allocate back out again. When it hits our warehouse I will let you guys know. Rather not confirm anything till it arrives as they have let me down once.

Hi, why on your site is there only an option to buy blue and white? Is there anyway one can reserve a black version?

It will show up again when they come in, can't reserve it unfortunately. We have 20 Blacks coming in which should be enough so it won't all go in the same day.

Is it just me or did dabs.ie reduce the price? I remember yesterday the total, incl delivery, came to 390 now it's only 377. They don't provide a pickup location, however, unlike elara.
    So the price excluding delivery is;
    Dabs; 359.04
    Elara; 367.84

It will show up again when they come in, can't reserve it unfortunately. We have 20 Blacks coming in which should be enough so it won't all go in the same day.

Kin,

Hope that the waiting pays off and there is no more delays.

If the worst comes to the worst it should still come in by the end of this week, right?

I am just getting so jealous seeing others gettings theirs while I am still waiting............

Kin,

Hope that the waiting pays off and there is no more delays.

If the worst comes to the worst it should still come in by the end of this week, right?

I am just getting so jealous seeing others gettings theirs while I am still waiting............

Don't worry I will write your name in big bold letters on one when it comes in. :D

rc28, not sure why the price went down for them. Ours will go down daily accordingly as well.

Don't worry I will write your name in big bold letters on one when it comes in. :D

rc28, not sure why the price went down for them. Ours will go down daily accordingly as well.
    :D
    Is this being spurred on by the weaker sterling or just good old competition?
    Thanks anyway- I was going to go to northern ireland to get this but at your price I might pick it up from citywest instead.

Looks like I'm still on the lookout for an NC10 in black.

Kin Mak, since we can't pre-order or reserve an NC10 via the Elara website, is there any other way we can do this? I am really eager to buy this netbook and wish to guarantee one in black once Elara receives stock before the end of this week.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Looks like I'm still on the lookout for an NC10 in black.

Kin Mak, since we can't pre-order or reserve an NC10 via the Elara website, is there any other way we can do this? I am really eager to buy this netbook and wish to guarantee one in black once Elara receives stock before the end of this week.

Hey Rsaeire,

Thought ou ordered it on that uk website. What happened?

I think we are all in the same board in Dublin.

Today I felt very tempted to order it from www.ebuyer.com. I still wonder if I should have done......oh well I will have to trust these guys from Elara and wait for them to have them in stock.
    I still hope that happens within this week......we can't be 2 weeks behind UK!!

Hey Rsaeire,

Thought ou ordered it on that uk website. What happened?

I think we are all in the same board in Dublin.

Today I felt very tempted to order it from www.ebuyer.com. I still wonder if I should have done......oh well I will have to trust these guys from Elara and wait for them to have them in stock.
    I still hope that happens within this week......we can't be 2 weeks behind ul!!

Yes, I thought so too. Suffice to say, I am still on the look out.

I trust Elara will have stock available so we can order and collect it before the end of this week. I don't mind waiting a few days, but I still get very anxious as I'm trawling all the NC10 related sites for information and reading up on what this little netbook wonder is capable of.

• Advertisement

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Yes, I thought so too. Suffice to say, I am still on the look out.

I trust Elara will have stock available so we can order and collect it before the end of this week. I don't mind waiting a few days, but I still get very anxious as I'm trawling all the NC10 related sites for information and reading up on what this little netbook wonder is capable of.

I am sorry to hear Rsaeire. I think you ordered from that link which I posted, right?

I just googled around and found few uk commpanies which delivered NC10 black to Ireland but I did not have a clue about them.

Let's hope they come in this week and we get our hands into one of those 20.

I am sorry to hear Rsaeire. I think you ordered from that link which I posted, right?

I just googled around and found few uk commpanies which delivered NC10 black to Ireland but I did not have a clue about them.

Let's hope they come in this week and we get our hands into one of those 20.

Yes, the link was the same as the one you posted.

I hope there is some way for us to reserve an NC10, but as long as I am able to buy one, I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

This better not go on sale and subsequently sell out when I'm in a lecture :(

Great news about it coming in though... now to hope I get one :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jezza10

I'll just say that it is worth the wait! Ive had mine for almost a week now and I have to say that I am very very happy with it! It really is a totally usable little machine - arguably unlike some of the other early netbooks which are just a little too cramped to be practical.

It is snappy, runs everything I throw at it, looks nice and easy to use! I hope you guys get the stock availability soon! They are getting easier to find now in England.

Still no blue ones though, these were always going to released a couple of weeks after the black ones so I suspect next week - just a guess!

The guys over at laptopmag.com have put in a SSD drive and found that it helped them get almost 8hrs out of the battery. Personally Im not sure its worth the extra cost but I guess it depends on individual choice etc! It can be done anyway.

Its really nice having 160gb as space just doesnt feel an issue. Id hate to be worrying about setting up minimum custom installs of software etc but like I say, each to their own :)!

Hope you all get yours soon :)

PS I set up a NC10 blog I dont think I can link to it as I'm not an established user and I know this forum is hot on spamz so if you are interested you'll just have to google it lol! I am a genuine NC10 enthusiast so feel free to ask any questions about it :)!

jezza10 wrote: »
    I'll just say that it is worth the wait! Ive had mine for almost a week now and I have to say that I am very very happy with it! It really is a totally usable little machine - arguably unlike some of the other early netbooks which are just a little too cramped to be practical.

It is snappy, runs everything I throw at it, looks nice and easy to use! I hope you guys get the stock availability soon! They are getting easier to find now in England.

Still no blue ones though, these were always going to released a couple of weeks after the black ones so I suspect next week - just a guess!

The guys over at laptopmag.com have put in a SSD drive and found that it helped them get almost 8hrs out of the battery. Personally Im not sure its worth the extra cost but I guess it depends on individual choice etc! It can be done anyway.

Its really nice having 160gb as space just doesnt feel an issue. Id hate to be worrying about setting up minimum custom installs of software etc but like I say, each to their own :)!

Hope you all get yours soon :)

PS I set up a NC10 blog I dont think I can link to it as I'm not an established user and I know this forum is hot on spamz so if you are interested you'll just have to google it lol! I am a genuine NC10 enthusiast so feel free to ask any questions about it :)!

That SSD drive which they used costs almost as much as the NC10 itself. They also turned off the bluetooth and webcam so it is hard to determine how much battery life it gets due to the SSD drive itself.

Unless prices do not go down I do not find them worthy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Hi Kin,

Will you have a black version next week? Looking to buy one and pick it up around the 25th if possible?

Don't worry about it being off the website, usually means it is getting ready to be allocated in.

Elara has now taken off the white NC10 from their website, so the only NC10 left online is the blue version. There is still no stock available, but, as Kin's post above, it means that they should be updating the stock availability soon.

Whites are sitting in the warehouse, going to be on the website in a few moments. Blacks are on it's way to us will be in tomorrow or latest by Thursday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Awesome ;D

If I place an order can I collect and pay cash when collecting on the same day?

• Advertisement

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Awesome ;D

If I place an order can I collect and pay cash when collecting on the same day?

We don't take cash at the warehouse unfortunately. You can pay by laser online, and collect on the same day if the stock shows "now"

Advertisement