Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung NC10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I've just suddenly got an interest in these netbooks since I found out you can run Dreamweaver and Photoshop on them; I was worried based upon the specs, but read online in a few places that the aforementioned applications work fine. I have a laptop, desktop etc but this would come in handy in work or on the move when I want to do whatever.
    I want one for exactly the same reason. Can't find anywhere with the black one in stock though, might have to settle for another netbook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

7.Ronaldo wrote: »
    I want one for exactly the same reason. Can't find anywhere with the black one in stock though, might have to settle for another netbook.

If I were you, I'd keep looking. I don't like settling for something else because what I originally wanted is unavailable. I want the black, so I'll search until I find it in stock, at a reasonable price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

Got stock allocation of Blacks on the next shipment... not going to confirm the date to you, just that it will be next week. Once bitten twice shy. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Any update on the Blues ?

The white version is availble from Laptops Direct for €355, but I know how some people have had terrible trouble with them so buyer beware I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

The white version is availble from Laptops Direct for €355, but I know how some people have had terrible trouble with them so buyer beware I suppose.

It might be lucky me, but i received from them Samsung in 3 working days and support was great, i was worried a bit after reading users impressions about them. Worked perfect

rai555 wrote: »
    It might be lucky me, but i received from them Samsung in 3 working days and support was great, i was worried a bit after reading users impressions about them. Worked perfect

I'm glad to hear it! I was wary of linking to them as I, like you, have read some bad user impressions. How do you find the NC10 and what colour did you get it in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Galego

I canceled my order with laptopsdirect straight away, I'd rather wait for Elara to have them in stock. I would not like to have any problems and then have to come back to laptopsdirect, heard very very bad stories of them. 10/15 EUR save is not worthy if you think about what you could pay if you ever have any problems with the item.

But the way what do you guys think about this? Anything to be worried about?

http://nano.foe.org.au/node/162

The NC10 has that Nano Silver thing all over the keyboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Aye, the transactions themselves generally go well with laptopsdirect, it's when things go wrong, then the trouble starts...and never ends actually!

I have to agree regarding Elara as I've been buying from them, without incident, for years now. I just thought I'd link to Laptops Direct so people were aware of their stock, and it was up to them what they chose to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

I'm glad to hear it! I was wary of linking to them as I, like you, have read some bad user impressions. How do you find the NC10 and what colour did you get it in?

TBH i bought for my daughter and it's white, hmm it's nor snowy white, pearl white she says and she loves it.

Just an update for those looking to buy the black model. It comes with a glossy lid which is a finger-print magnet, just like the Eee PC 901 & 1000.

On the possitive side, the side is matt black.

rai555 wrote: »
    TBH i bought for my daughter and it's white, hmm it's nor snowy white, pearl white she says and she loves it.

I'm sure the white is nice, but I never buy white items; just my personal preference. I always buy silver, dark grey, black etc.

I called Currys in Liffey Valley retail park and they had none in black. I guess I’ll have to wait until Elara, hopefully, get some in next week. I searched all over the net yesterday evening and this morning too and nobody has the black NC10 in stock on the UK sites, that deliver to Ireland, or the Irish sites either.

I didn't realise just how popular the netbook market was until I was interested in one myself!

I'm sure the white is nice, but I never buy white items; just my personal preference. I always buy silver, dark grey, black etc.

I called Currys in Liffey Valley retail park and they had none in black. I guess I’ll have to wait until Elara, hopefully, get some in next week. I searched all over the net yesterday evening and this morning too and nobody has the black NC10 in stock on the UK sites, that deliver to Ireland, or the Irish sites either.

I didn't realise just how popular the netbook market was until I was interested in one myself!

Dabs have the black for sure!!! My friend just received his yesterday.......I am a bit jealous but I will have to be patient and wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭alansweeney100

Galego wrote: »
    Dabs have the black for sure!!! My friend just received his yesterday.......I am a bit jealous but I will have to be patient and wait.

Theres a three to five day wait on dabs.ie and they're charging €378
    Ocuk have it in stock now for €350

After delivery, prob costs the same

Theres a three to five day wait on dabs.ie and they're charging €378
    Ocuk have it in stock now for €350

After delivery, prob costs the same

I left them out on purpose since I refuse to order from them after a huge debacle over a motherboard issue. Suffice to say, their customer service is one of the worst I have ever had the misfortune to experience. I'm sure they are fine for everybody else though, just not for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Just been checking one out in LV Currys -in the main center-not blown away by physical appearance/size/weight/screen...cant see it being worth the upgrade from Advent 4211 unless the battery life is critical to ya...

• Advertisement

eVeNtInE wrote: »

I'll be keeping an eye out for that, cheers ;)

Galego wrote: »

As of today, Dabs.ie don't have any stock of the black model. Trust me when I say, if they did, I would have bought it. ;)

ytareh wrote: »
    Just been checking one out in LV Currys -in the main center-not blown away by physical appearance/size/weight/screen...cant see it being worth the upgrade from Advent 4211 unless the battery life is critical to ya...

No offense here but I also played with the NC10 in Currys and made the Advent 4211 (next to it at the Curries store) look and feel like a less quality netbook. I am scared all the time that I touch the 4211, feels like it is going to fall in pieces, specially the screen which it is handled by 2 thin pieces of plastic..
    I was not blown away but I was def impressed........felt like my 1000H but more stylish. It has some nice notebook feeling. I was also impressed by the keyboard. Def better than the 1000H.
    Although the trad pad is very very small..........

Some pics of the black NC10.

3028319642_4a572bddc5.jpg?v=0

3027484343_74c7043cbd.jpg?v=0

3028317312_d40efc0c3c.jpg?v=0

3027483739_9f9d5d3979.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Very sleek looking indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭sk8board

laptopsdirect now have it for €348. I guess they update daily based on the exchange rates.

heading to Newry for some shopping next Friday; will check out the stores there. If they have one, its not terry's, its mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭blobert

Quick question regarding this, can you get it with a Solid State Drive or must you get the 160GB Hard Drive.

The only thing putting me off getting one of these is that I have only seen them with the non solid state ones.

Thanks in advance

You can find the black ones in stock on this website below. It works out around 360-365 EUR with delivery included.

http://www.laptopshop.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭marktsang

thats ex vat -
    its the same price as else where 299 sterling -

Advertisement