Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung NC10

Options
  • 31-10-2008 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Elara would be much better to buy from. Based in dublin aswell.

Laptops Direct price will increase aswell, the last time i ordered they charged in Sterling so it was ~5% more expensive. They also charge extra if you use a Credit Card to order, and delivery is more expensive.

I would say Elara all the way, also heard good things about the Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Ordered from dabs 2 days ago, other shops ( apart laptopsdirect.ie ) just taking orders and don't have them in stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

We are getting the Windows version in white in tomorrow. 10 coming in stock and you can come in to collect... just so you guys know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

laptopsdirect are now doing the nc10 @ 368 euro! not bad if u dont get a dodgy one..

Still selling at 17.5% vat I see... can't believe those cowboys are still doing that. They are only €10-€20 cheaper than more legit companies and considering they charge in Sterling you will very likely lose a good chunk of your saving from the currency conversion on your card.

Buy from us, Dabs, Komplett... it does not matter. Just don't buy from these jokers. They are universally despised in the industry for their trading methods and standards.

Hi, yeah i have heard a few stories..i wouldnt like to buy off them and have something go wrong...

anyway when will you guys have either the black or blue one? i think the while is a little but girly thats all..

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Hi, yeah i have heard a few stories..i wouldnt like to buy off them and have something go wrong...

anyway when will you guys have either the black or blue one? i think the while is a little but girly thats all..

No black or blue in this shipment unfortunately, we will be sure to grab some on the next one. Don't want to give you guys some made up date now so I will let you guys know as soon as I do.

• Advertisement

Yes it will be up at about lunchtime tomorrow.

Quick one for those that want black, spoke to Samsung and they are going to try release some held stock for us. Will let you guys know as soon as I get some.

No Blacks... have to wait for next shipment. :(

i could be tempted to go for a white one..but my misus hasa white eee pc 701 and i feel like my masculinity is being challenged while im using it...any view on the white nc10, can a manly guy get away with this or is that pushing it!?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

I can see the white one is on the list, but the delivery date (real time check) says it will be in December.
    Is it in stock cause I would like to order it and collect it even today, if it is possible :D

think ill go for a white one so..when can they be picked up from Elara..and why is the white one 15 euro more expensive than the other 2 colours?? RRP is 399, and people expect it cheaper than this online not more expensive!

When the stock goes up I will get the prices changed to match the blue & black price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Has any one managed to get their hands on one of these yet and what are the first impressions ?

I know one has been collected for sure by someone here yesterday, 3 hours after it came in. :D

Kin..can one be both ordered and collected today? Can you supply a VAT invoice?

Havnt bought online before , the only thing that has me slightly worried is the notice on ur site about pixel tollerence or something like that..saying that ,so if there is a dead pixel it still may not be regarded as faulty?

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Kin..can one be both ordered and collected today? Can you supply a VAT invoice?

Havnt bought online before , the only thing that has me slightly worried is the notice on ur site about pixel tollerence or something like that..saying that ,so if there is a dead pixel it still may not be regarded as faulty?

Yes you can order one for collection today, VAT invoice will be generated and you can download it online a few days after.

The dead pixel tollerence is something everyone employs not us. Manufacturers have their own guidelines but they all have to comply with the ISO 13406-2 as standard as a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Was going to buy an eeepc this weekend but leaning towards this now after checking out the specs and price.. Any idea when exactly the next shipment of blacks will be in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

I am also interested in the black. Is there an exact date for it to be realesed?

End of this week I was told...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I'll hold out a little bit longer so.. pity you can never get what you want straight away when you have the cash, now to not spend it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

Kin,

The black has disappeared from your website since this morning. Is that bad news or good news?

Would love to hear you guys are guaranteed to have it within this week. I can't wait to get it.

• Advertisement

Don't worry about it being off the website, usually means it is getting ready to be allocated in.

Advertisement