Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Myself

Options
  • 25-09-2003 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭

Remember back in the day when you were just learing how to express yourself on paper?
    Remember those essays you were given to write in national school titled myself, i came across an old copy book i had from 1st class the other day and i pissed myself laughing.

Well anyway how about a more mature eloquent version of said essay?
    I've been meaning to write more lately, so feel free to join me and post the results. (the funnier and more honest the better!)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

you mean those essays where the beginning of every sentence starts out...
    I like to...
    My favorite is...

I remember having to write those.

can you imagine how much longer it would be now that we have so many years more of stuff to add to it...phew...I wouldnt know where to begin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

My name is Marcus. I'm seven and nearly eight and I like writing essays. Miss Kelly is my teacher and she got us to write an essay on myself.

I live in a big house with my dad. Ihave no mother because she is dead. She died when I was born. It was very sad. I am asked am I sad because I have no mummy but I do not know because I have never had one.

I have loads of aunts and uncles and they take care of me a lot. Simon says I am spoiled. I'm not. Simons my best friend. He is in class with me.

I have no brothers or sisters. Simon has four brothers and no sisters. John has 5 sisters and no brothers. They are loud and scream a lot.

I have lots and lots of friends. I have one friend called Malcolm but he is a secret friend. He only cvisits when dad and everyone is not in the house. He says we are not to tell anyone as its a top secret thing like a spy game.

Me and Malcom play lots of fun games but we play some games and I do not like them. He wants to and gets annoyed sometimes when I say no. Sometimes I'm afraid when he gets mad. He is not nice then.

Dad sells cars in a garage. We always get new cars a lot. Its fun when dad collects me in a sports car from school. All the kids come over and go wow and things.

I like football. Damien Duff is a great footballer. Dad says Roy Keane is not nice because he won't play for Ireland. He plays for man united. I like Newcastle.

Simon likes the colour blue. I do not like just one colour. I like lots. A rainbow has lots of colours. Rainbows appear after rain. Simon says theres a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. Maybe thats just a story.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Very nice marcus, did you invent this for the thread or is it an actual essay from the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I'd assume that it's just been invented expecially for the thread since Roy Keane only decided to not play for Ireland recently.

Unless Marcus is aged 10, which is possible I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Nearly eight damnit ! Not ten. In the story anyway.

Just made it up.

It would be too dark to be a story I wrote when i was 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

This is an essay entitled "All about me" that I wrote when I was a nipper......

My name is Sorcha and I am seven years old.
    I live in County Meath with my family.
    I like them all a lot apart from my brother who is very bold.
    He is older than me.
    I only have one sister.
    She is younger.
    My daddy is a postman and he does deliver letters for some people in my class.
    Dogs do not like my daddy.
    My mammy does not have a job.
    She stays at home and cooks our dinners and cleans things.
    My best friend in school is called Emma.
    She wants to be on telly when she is older.
    I want to be a vet when I am old.

Fifteen years later, Im 22. I live in Dublin with 2 friends. I dont hate my brother anymore but hes still bold. My sister is now the headwrecker. My dads still a postie. My ma works for vodafone and wont cook my dinner anymore. I havent seen Emma since I was seven. We moved away. She never did get onto the telly.
    The vet thing went out the window the minute I realised I would have to study.

Life was so good back in the day......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Last year I helped eight puppies from seven trees. This year I put them all back. Next year I'll be dead, so the last laugh is mine.

That was how I started my essay in English in the leaving cert.

Advertisement