Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has a person any rights against crow bangers

Options
  • 27-11-2009 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

A local farmer started a crow banger a few days ago. He is using it to protect feed in an automatic feeder. It went all day and night the first time, every minute. It sounds very loud in our house. We have a young baby and my wife works from home. Today it seems to be going from 8.00am to 8.00pm which is better. It is annoying about 10 neighbours as well. Our neighbour’s dog across the road has been missing since it started. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭massey woman

Do you know the farmer
    If so call in to him/her and explain your position
    Are you from the area if so you will have no bother
    If your not you may meet resistance, dont be surprised
    My new neighbour asked me not to open bales in the morning when they were having breakfast as the smell was "drifting"
    Drifting 200 metres !!
    Not simple farming when non farmers move in next door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭motorman

Do you know the farmer
    If so call in to him/her and explain your position
    Are you from the area if so you will have no bother
    If your not you may meet resistance, dont be surprised
    My new neighbour asked me not to open bales in the morning when they were having breakfast as the smell was "drifting"
    Drifting 200 metres !!
    Not simple farming when non farmers move in next door

That is brilliant... How did you contain your laughter!!

As for the bangers, in my expierience crows and pidgeons get used to them and begin to ignore them after a while, so the chap will have to come up with another solution..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

jcd33 wrote: »
    A local farmer started a crow banger a few days ago. He is using it to protect feed in an automatic feeder. It went all day and night the first time, every minute. It sounds very loud in our house. We have a young baby and my wife works from home. Today it seems to be going from 8.00am to 8.00pm which is better. It is annoying about 10 neighbours as well. Our neighbour’s dog across the road has been missing since it started. Thanks

You can suggest an alternative to him such as a Ladder trap beside the feeder. It'll help remove and reduce the number of crows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jcd33

We are not from the area. We talked to the neighbours who are all annoyed by noise but they said the farmer does not really care and is always pulling different stunts. My wife anyway tried ringing him and got talking to his wife. She was quiet rude and just said she could not hear anything. The crow banger is on rented land not so near to farmer’s house as ours. Hope the crows out smart it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

jcd33 wrote: »

I shoot crows with my double barrel and they only come back every few days. Maybe you could suggest that. Crows are dirty and are full of diseases almost as bad as rats.

• Advertisement
Advertisement