Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mini digger recommendations??

• 23-11-2009 8:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35

I m hoping to a buy a mini digger sometime in the new year .Around 4 tonne.What is the most reliable machine out there and any pointers on what to watch out for would be appreciated....also rough guide prices would be a help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alleyb

kubota's ,hitachi's are good and i have a yanmar zero tail swing myself and find it very good and reliable. unfortunately the best way way for me to learn is to buy a cheap one. I had a 5 tonne case which cost me as much i paid for it in repairs. Sold her to the exporters .o my advice is the same as usual "you'll get what you pay for".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

have an old kubota, she is fairly old now but great little machine, will lift half ton bag of fert, its just under 3 ton. heaps of them up on donedeal every day, just keep an eye out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

I have a Kubota as well, Getting old, but pretty bullet proof. An old machinem but very well built. I bought it a bout five years ago and have been slowly replacing worn parts.

The main thing is the build quality is excellant. No plastic bushing on linkages, it has a simple engine, no fancy electronics to go wrong and also easily serviced.

It's not fast, but I'm not in a hurry. I think it has easily paid for itself at this stage with all the work around the yard, opening drains, and generally cleaning of bushes etc.

Buy a fairly fresh machine if you can afford to, it will pay off in time, Put it in for the winter out of the rain.

I would reccommend a 6 ton machine if you can get hold of one. Better reach, the 3 tonne I have doesn't allow me to put the material up on the wall on the other side of a drain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mosta

I would also recommend a 6 tonne machine, especially if it has a long dipper. I have an old 6 tonne hitachi with long dipper and 2 foot pads, it is great on soft ground. The long dipper is good for reaching across drains or tidying up across hedges. You wont go too far wrong with an EX60-1.
    I made up a flat plate for driving stakes, she will push 4 inch stakes into the ground no problem. Secondhand parts can be got for them also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭hoochio

I have a hitachi ex-40. It's a very handy machine because it has rubber tracks, has good reach, an offset boom and it's not too small. I find the dozer blade handy too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 Keeperlit

Cheers for the replies so far.....keep them coming!

Advertisement