Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggestion: Weekly Theme

• 28-09-2003 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Suggestion: Weekly Theme

Everyweek the Mods with the help of the regulars choose a Theme and we all create something with this theme in mind.

Songs, stories, haikus, random thoughts, prayers, word lists. Anything.

Everyone posts a seperate thread with the theme in the Title followed by the name of the work. Example: If the theme was revenge I'd post a thread called:

[Revenge] *** Dahmers Keeper

Another thread called "Themes" could be made a sticky and links to all the themed stories could be put in there.

The objective for this is to make people more creative by getting them to think of new situations. Help them brainstorm situations etc.

After a week or maybe two the theme can change.

What dya think ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

oooh yes revenge would be a nice topic

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

That sounds like a great idea, similar to something I was thinking up as well ;) Since you got to it first, you may have the privilage of starting the theme for this week. I think one week is good enough for a certain theme.
    We will sort out the sticky details later...post one if you like, I will add to it as needed.

:cool:

I just had an idea...how about Love letters as a theme? I have a few I wrote as part of a break up that I wouldnt mind posting.
    What do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Its been done :ninja:

I suggest we start with short stories...Suspense thriller types.
    What do you all say?

• Advertisement

I think the weekly theme should encompass more than short stories. As can be seen by the fantastic contributions to this forum even in its short life theres a lot of Poetry being posted.

Confining a weekly theme to just short stories might see us lose some good poetry.

Ok, why not, lets start the theme off with the idea of "love letters" and see what progresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Extra-Terrestrial probing, You'll find no finer theme with which to start your theme based writing.

You can take it so many ways :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Great idea Marcus, I'm working on something myself now under this theme and I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else manages to do.

damn, and I wrote a suspense story at work today too :( I will stick with my original idea since another person agrees and post a sticky about the theme's.
    Love letters it is! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Might be a dumb comment but...

How about highlighting the theme about a week in advance? In other words, say you announce that this week will be "space aliens from Connecticut" week or somesuch on Monday. Might take till Friday for stuff to filter through (unless people already have stuff written on the topic). Instead, say this Monday, announce that next week will be devoted to (or highlighting) a particular theme. Stuff rolls (or crawls) in all week.

Feel free to ignore - it's not as though I actually contribute to the Creative forum in any way.

done. good idea.... its also a good idea to post your ideas as they come to you here so I can pick one and post it in time ;)

Yeah make it a pre-alert like the Komplett forum.

:horned:

Advertisement