Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can Klopp get Liverpool into the Top 4 this season

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭Sand

And why some United fans are being incredibly bitter. It's gone beyond embarrassing.

It was the same when Liverpool signed Firmino this summer. Liverpool fans were very excited by that signing too. Man United fans got over it somehow. Liverpool fans seem to be over it as well.

Look, anyway whatever is said here wont make much difference to how Klopp or Liverpool perform or don't perform over the next 30 games. The OP asked a question, I genuinely don't think they will make top 4 this season, but best of luck to Klopp. So long as Liverpool finish below United I don't care where they finish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Sand wrote: »
    It was the same when Liverpool signed Firmino this summer. Liverpool fans were very excited by that signing too. Man United fans got over it somehow. Liverpool fans seem to be over it as well.

Will we go back to the United when he was apparently guaranteed to sign for them and see how the fans reacted to that news?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Look, anyway whatever is said here wont make much difference to how Klopp or Liverpool perform or don't perform over the next 30 games. The OP asked a question, I genuinely don't think they will make top 4 this season, but best of luck to Klopp. So long as Liverpool finish below United I don't care where they finish.
    I don't think anybody has an issue with you saying Liverpool won't get top 4. Most agree it's unlikely but there is a chance moreso than the other 15 teams in the league. Your top 8 nonsense and very obvious reasons for this is what has caused the reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I think it will be tough for us this season tbh, and he has a really difficult start, with a lot of hard away games coming up, but feck it I'm caught up in the euphoria and hype, so I'll have a 100 with you that Liverpool get top 4. Money goes to the chosen charity of the winner; fancy it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Mr Alan wrote: »
    What people engaging with Sand? :confused:

Waste of energy

You trying to bully him out of the convo because he's not playing happy ball with you and a few others? He's making a point and an argument well enough. I don't agree with some of his points but I think there's not much difference between a top 8 and top 6 side anyways. Just my opinion.

Klopp could be a disaster or a saviour. It's a massive unknown. This season to finish top 4 is doable, I'm in the fence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,430 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

If you want to call Liverpool a top 6 side that's fine. Over the past 6 seasons, you would be incorrectly describing their finishing position half the time, but okay.

And the money link - yes, Liverpool ought to be doing better. But by the same argument, so should Sunderland, Aston Villa and Newcastle - the 12th, 9th and 7th biggest clubs by turnover in the EPL who finished 16th, 17th and 15th last season respectively and are on course to repeat that performance if they are lucky.

There is a link between money and success, but only from a really high level. There is too many other factors and Liverpool's major challenge is they want players with the quality to consistently deliver CL football, but they cant offer CL football and while they have money they don't have enough to break through that barrier like City did.

Klopp came from Dortmund. He could offer consistent CL football to a high level, regular title challenges and the money wouldn't be bad either. Liverpool can offer more money to a limited extent, and that's it. That's the challenge Liverpool face and I don't think changing the manager is suddenly going to alter that reality. There are only 4 CL spots in the PL, and there are four teams who are financially bigger, who have better squads and who have at least as good managers.

I don't think its unreasonable to say, no Klopp probably cant get Liverpool into the Top 4 this season. And I think Klopp is going to face the same problems Rodgers faced in attracting players.

I'm not actually putting much sway on the current positions at all. Chelsea is down in 16th, 4 points behind Liverpool after a terrible run of form. But they have an excellent, proven manager and better players and the terrible form has to end sometime. Out of Liverpool and Chelsea, I think its more reasonable to presume Chelsea is more likely to get into the top 4 this season as they have consistently done over past seasons.

If we are talking about where their squad is currently at, they have lost players like Suarez, Sterling and Gerrard who drove them to those positions and they haven't adequately replaced them and their squad is performing worse.

I mean, that is primarily why Rodgers was sacked, right?

A lot of interesting and intelligent points made there, however to some pool fans you may as well have said "I hate Liverpool" and stuck your fingers up at them. Don't come around here with your facts derailing the positivity train.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If the board wanted to finish 6th they would of stuck with rodgers but they want and expect CL football and the revenue that comes with it. If rodgers can give 6th then a top manager like Klopp should at the very least be able to deliver a credible challenge for top 4.

The standard in the league is fairly poor let's be honest. If klopp can get the side scoring and less sloppy at the back I could well see them taking a spot, liverpool are fairly strong in the attacking areas and have a decent squad overall. They lack a standout world class talent but it's up to klopp to make them greater than the sum of the parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,430 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

rob316 wrote: »
    If the board wanted to finish 6th they would of stuck with rodgers but they want and expect CL football and the revenue that comes with it. If rodgers can give 6th then a top manager like Klopp should at the very least be able to deliver a credible challenge for top 4.

The standard in the league is fairly poor let's be honest. If klopp can get the side scoring and less sloppy at the back I could well see them taking a spot, liverpool are fairly strong in the attacking areas and have a decent squad overall. They lack a standout world class talent but it's up to klopp to make them greater than the sum of the parts.

Ultimately a lot of the positivity surrounding Klopps appointment is predicated on the assumption that he will be able to attract a number of top talents from Dortmund and have a squad that contains top players which would then be in a healthy position to challenge for the title. Being honest when most Liverpool fans heard Klopp was appointed they were probably picturing Marco Reus is a Liverpool kit.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

nullzero wrote: »
    Ultimately a lot of the positivity surrounding Klopps appointment is predicated on the assumption that he will be able to attract a number of top talents from Dortmund and have a squad that contains top players which would then be in a healthy position to challenge for the title. Being honest when most Liverpool fans heard Klopp was appointed they were probably picturing Marco Reus is a Liverpool kit.

yeah right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The top 4 in England are tactically naive & inconsistent. I'm sure Klopp will get us back to the top 4 in the next 2 seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

MD1990 wrote: »
    The top 4 in England are tactically naive & inconsistent. I'm sure Klopp will get us back to the top 4 in the next 2 seasons.

At least 2 of top 4 in England will have new managers in 2 seasons. My guess would be 3 of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If you want to call Liverpool a top 6 side that's fine. Over the past 6 seasons, you would be incorrectly describing their finishing position half the time, but okay.

I see your point, but name six teams that have finished above Liverpool over the last 5 years?
    Average points per season over the last 5 yrears
    Man City - 80.6
    Man Utd - 78.4
    Chelsea - 75.8
    Aresenal - 73.0
    Spurs - 67.2
    Pool - 63.4
    Everton - 58.4

There's a 4-point-per-seaon gap between Liverpool in 6th and the next best team.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Everyone is effectively ignoring the fact that Liverpool's recent history has been some of its most turbulent.
    With change of ownership and 3 managerial changes as well.
    I think FSG have done a decent job of turning Liverpool around from were it was heading under the last owners and under them we have won a trophy and got to the final of another. We have also come the closest to winning the league in yonks.
    There is a decent squad of players there now as well and the owners are showing with the signing of benteke and firmio that they intend to spend.
    The signing of Klopp is another big step forward and I am harkened by the sounds coming out about player acquisitions in the furture, where money will be spent on fewer targets suggesting better quality signings.
    This team despite its horrible finish last year still showed signs that there is quality there despite the loss of Suarez.
    Sturridge coming back also improves the quality.
    I really don't think it's too far fetched that a top quality manager with decent backing and a very capable but underperforming squad can't get fourth this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,383 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

A lot of interesting and intelligent points made there, however to some pool fans you may as well have said "I hate Liverpool" and stuck your fingers up at them. Don't come around here with your facts derailing the positivity train.

In fairness considering he's been on the wind up for the past few weeks arguing that Moyes should get the Liverpool job then it's hard for anything else he says to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

That's bollox plenty of posters have replied to him. The top 8 thing is wrong. It has been proved over again. I gave up when he said palace and West Ham are more likely to challenge for top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

So Herr Klopp says he will win the PL within 4 years.

After signing a 3 year contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Super-Rush wrote: »

He's obviously planning to move to City or Chelsea in a couple of years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Super-Rush wrote: »

No he didn't. He said he would win a title, he didn't mention the league.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No he didn't. He said he would win a title, he didn't mention the league.

Enjoy this; the media love taking something from someone who has English as a second language, and running it was 100% literal. Happens with LVG on a weekly basis :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

I can't see Liverpool getting top 4 this year. Maybe next year when Klopp has time to buy his own players.

No doubt if he's given time he'll get Liverpool further up the table but I can't see him being able to deliver the league within 4 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

glued wrote: »
    I can't see Liverpool getting top 4 this year. Maybe next year when Klopp has time to buy his own players.

No doubt if he's given time he'll get Liverpool further up the table but I can't see him being able to deliver the league within 4 years.

He didn't say he would.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,551 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I still don't get the 'very capable but under performing' assertion. If you're not Sturridge or Coutinho, and at a stretch Clyne, Milner, Skrtel, Henderson when were this squad performing at a top 4 level. It's a really ordinary squad in desperate need of rejuvenation.

CSF wrote: »
    I still don't get the 'very capable but under performing' assertion. If you're not Sturridge or Coutinho, and at a stretch Clyne, Milner, Skrtel, Henderson when were this squad performing at a top 4 level. It's a really ordinary squad in desperate need of rejuvenation.

For decent parts of last season even without a main striker. It all went tits up when Utd came to anfield. They were favourites for top 4 at one stage even with no striker.

niallo27 wrote: »
    For decent parts of last season even without a main striker. It all went tits up when Utd came to anfield. They were favourites for top 4 at one stage even with no striker.

You're really pushing it there. I can't say I ever expected Liverpool to get top 4, they had a decent run at one stage but that isn't enough. IMO this is where Rodgers was doomed. There is this expectancy among a large section of Liverpool fans that just shouldn't be there. Whoever has been responsible for what has gone on in the transfer committee has done a really bad job, because Klopp has been left weak in many areas. If Klopp manages to turn some of these average players into great ones then he deserves some serious praise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,346 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

United were pretty bad last season and Liverpool still couldn't take advantage. The season after finishing second. There are 4 teams better set up than Liverpool for both the immediate and long term future. It would be one hell of an achievement to crack the top 4 on more than one occasion for Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,353 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The answer is obvious. He can, but there's no guarantee he will.

It is amusing how some people (in here and in real life) simply can't accept that Klopp WANTED to come to Liverpool. Many can't accept that this is the perfect job for him, in his mind anyway.

It's a wonderful coup. No guarantees come with it, and I've honestly seen extremely few fans say he's absolutely guaranteed to succeed. Liverpool fans are simply excited that a manager of Klopp's stature actually chose to come when he knew he'd potentially have the Madrid, Chelsea or Bayern jobs soon.

People need to accept that Klopp just thought this was the best job for him. It's awesome. Just because I can't believe it doesn't mean he's mental or stupid for taking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

What about Lambert, Borini and Ballotelli.

I know they werent good enough and Lambert and Ballotelli shouldnt have been signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

My theory is that his wife threatened to leave him if he didn't get a job and out of the bloody house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,383 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

You're really pushing it there. I can't say I ever expected Liverpool to get top 4, they had a decent run at one stage but that isn't enough. IMO this is where Rodgers was doomed. There is this expectancy among a large section of Liverpool fans that just shouldn't be there. Whoever has been responsible for what has gone on in the transfer committee has done a really bad job, because Klopp has been left weak in many areas. If Klopp manages to turn some of these average players into great ones then he deserves some serious praise.

Depends how you view the squad. You obviously believe it is a poor enough squad. I believe there is actually quite a bit of talent there but one that has not being playing to it's potential. In fairness I still think it's a team looking for an identity. Rodgers seemed to lose sight of whatever vision he had and chopped and changed tactics and formations at a remarkable rate. I expect Klopp will have a clearer vision of what he wants but like anyone else he'll need time. Not having a pre-season with the team will certainly put him at a disadvantage in trying to get his ideas across.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »

It is amusing how some people (in here and in real life) simply can't accept that Klopp WANTED to come to Liverpool. Many can't accept that this is the perfect job for him, in his mind anyway.

It's a wonderful coup. No guarantees come with it, and I've honestly seen extremely few fans say he's absolutely guaranteed to succeed. Liverpool fans are simply excited that a manager of Klopp's stature actually chose to come when he knew he'd potentially have the Madrid, Chelsea or Bayern jobs soon.

People need to accept that Klopp just thought this was the best job for him. It's awesome. Just because I can't believe it doesn't mean he's mental or stupid for taking it.

I agree with you that Klopp wanted to come to Liverpool, of course he did, that's why he's there. I've seen no evidence to suggest he was bundled into the back of a van.

But I don't think it's true to say he was the obvious candidate for any of the teams you've mentioned, certainly not to the point where he'd be rejecting jobs waiting for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

SlickRic wrote: »

I honestly believe it's a great job for any manager who is confident in their own ability. Liverpool have been underperforming relative to where they should be financially (I'm like a broken record at this stage :D) and it's pretty clear that all a manager needs to do is get them back to where they should be in order to look like a success - that means stopping this 6th, 7th, 8th lark and getting into a solid top 5 finish.

If he backs himself to overachieve (this is not a dig, again I'm speaking in financial terms) and break into the top 4, then it's an absolute no-brainer because he comes out smelling of roses.

Depends how you view the squad. You obviously believe it is a poor enough squad. I believe there is actually quite a bit of talent there but one that has not being playing to it's potential. In fairness I still think it's a team looking for an identity. Rodgers seemed to lose sight of whatever vision he had and chopped and changed tactics and formations at a remarkable rate. I expect Klopp will have a clearer vision of what he wants but like anyone else he'll need time.
    Well, it goes without saying that it's a matter of opinions. But there isn't much more than blind faith to suggest the alternate view. Liverpool have been pretty dire since Suarez left.

Well, it goes without saying that it's a matter of opinions. But there isn't much more than blind faith to suggest the alternate view. Liverpool have been pretty dire since Suarez left.

Well everything worked with Suarez there and I think the squad now is better now minus Suarez than it was then minus Suarez. Maybe Klopp can get them playing to their potential again like they did with Suarez.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I honestly believe it's a great job for any manager who is confident in their own ability. Liverpool have been underperforming relative to where they should be financially (I'm like a broken record at this stage :D) and it's pretty clear that all a manager needs to do is get them back to where they should be in order to look like a success - that means stopping this 6th, 7th, 8th lark and getting into a solid top 5 finish.

If he backs himself to overachieve (this is not a dig, again I'm speaking in financial terms) and break into the top 4, then it's an absolute no-brainer because he comes out smelling of roses.

The only downside to the job - and it's a serious one for British managers - is it seems like the manager will have to work with players he's given, rather than choosing them himself. But that's the normal state of affairs in a lot of clubs on the continent.

I'd be inclined to think that Rodgers is a bit of an eejit and not that good of a manager, but it seems like there's still the slim possibility that the way the club were foisting players on him was messing up his work.

Pro. F wrote: »
    The only downside to the job - and it's a serious one for British managers - is it seems like the manager will have to work with players he's given, rather than choosing them himself. But that's the normal state of affairs in a lot of clubs on the continent.

I'd be inclined to think that Rodgers is a bit of an eejit and not that good of a manager, but it seems like there's still the slim possibility that the way the club were foisting players on him was messing up his work.

He didn't help himself going down the Jose style of taking ****e and blaming everyone else and not backing it up.

• Advertisement

Well everything worked with Suarez there and I think the squad now is better now minus Suarez than it was then minus Suarez. Maybe Klopp can get them playing to their potential again like they did with Suarez.

It's not a simple minus Suarez thing though. A player like Suarez playing at his best lifts everyone. Who knows where Liverpool would have finished that year had Suarez ended up getting his transfer the season before.

Liverpool were poor defensively in their title challenge season but their ability to score a barrel full of goals. They still have a distinctly average defence but have shown nothing to suggest they can score anything like before. How do you expect to compete with the teams that have been above you when you haven't the players to do so? Mignolet? Skrtel? Moreno? Milner? Lallana? I don't think so

Klopp is a great coup for Liverpool and looks like the ideal candidate for FSG's way of thinking.

Will it work out long term? That's still very unclear imo. It depends on the quality of the players the owners buy for him and whether he can get the fitness levels up to where he got them with Dortmund.

Can he get them into the top four this season? I doubt it. Klopp will be getting used to a new league and the players will be getting used to a way of playing that will be completely alien to most of them. Although Chelsea currently tanking makes the task less difficult than usual.

It's not a simple minus Suarez thing though. A player like Suarez playing at his best lifts everyone. Who knows where Liverpool would have finished that year had Suarez ended up getting his transfer the season before.

Liverpool were poor defensively in their title challenge season but their ability to score a barrel full of goals. They still have a distinctly average defence but have shown nothing to suggest they can score anything like before. How do you expect to compete with the teams that have been above you when you haven't the players to do so? Mignolet? Skrtel? Moreno? Milner? Lallana? I don't think so

Yes a player like Suarez does lift everyone in the same way a brilliant manager can come in and lift everyone. My point in these players have shown they can play brilliant football. Skrtel scored 9 or 10 goals that season which was incredible. Can Klopp rediscover that form we have seen before.

He didn't help himself going down the Jose style of taking ****e and blaming everyone else and not backing it up.

Throughout his time at Liverpool I was amazed at how he could say ridiculous stuff that just seemed to make his life more difficult. I hadn't been aware of this trait before, but it was gas hearing his interviews once he settled in and then reading about all the crazy stuff he had been saying. It was genuinely surprising that a manager could say so much crazy stuff.

I was ready to write him off completely about a month or so ago, but from reading the LFC thread I saw all the talk about the committee and how he may not have been given players he asked for. So that makes me think there's a slim chance that he could possibly actually be all right at the footballing side of the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Liverpool probably have the 5th best 11/squad in the league.

You could argue that Spurs are better or it's a toss up between the two, but regardless, if a manager that a lot of people seem to think is a talentless clown could get them to 6th and in with a shout of top 4 up until March, in a season with no options up front, they're obviously not total no-hopers.

None of the other top 4 teams have been impressive consistently (well, City kindof have been when fit but they're broken again after this round of internationals).
    Chelsea seem to really implode on the odd occasion when they've had a poor season in the past few years.

As you would expect, Liverpool are 5th favourites, but while having 4 teams established ahead of them makes it difficult to imagine a proper title challenge any time soon, it also means there's 4 teams with the opportunity to fail that they can at least temporarily leapfrog.

Klopp and Liverpool are certainly talented enough to do it this season. Whether things run smoothly enough and someone ahead slips up enough is another matter.

• Advertisement

Yes a player like Suarez does lift everyone in the same way a brilliant manager can come in and lift everyone. My point in these players have shown they can play brilliant football. Skrtel scored 9 or 10 goals that season which was incredible. Can Klopp rediscover that form we have seen before.

This is pie in the sky stuff to be honest. Those players have not shown they can play brilliant football, about 3 or 4 of them have. The rest of them are pretty average. Almost everything that was great about Liverpool that year is now gone.

This is pie in the sky stuff to be honest. Those players have not shown they can play brilliant football, about 3 or 4 of them have. The rest of them are pretty average. Almost everything that was great about Liverpool that year is now gone.

I don't agree. You can't carry average players in the premier league with one world class player. Sterling was great but he was only a young fella back then. Look at a team like Arsenal they have a world class player in Sanchez and they can't challenge like Liverpool did. The premier league is too tough to carry average players.

I don't agree. You can't carry average players in the premier league with one world class player. Sterling was great but he was only a young fella back then. Look at a team like Arsenal they have a world class player in Sanchez and they can't challenge like Liverpool did. The premier league is too tough to carry average players.

I didn't say it was only Suarez (in spite of the fact that he was significantly better that season than Sanchez appears capable of). Sterling and Gerrard gone too and Sturridge and Flanagan seem incapable now of having the same impact physically as they did that year. The Suarez gap was never filled, the Gerrard gap was never filled and Liverpool were always weak defensively to begin with. A clean sheet one week and then 3 let in the next.

What was great that year is now gone. In terms of starters now, what have you got left from the team that year? Mignolet, Skrtel, Henderson, Coutinho and Sturridge (when fit)? What was great is now gone and Klopp has to go into the transfer market and make Liverpool great again which will take time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jeez, Sand is really annoyed that this is our year.

I didn't say it was only Suarez (in spite of the fact that he was significantly better that season than Sanchez appears capable of). Sterling and Gerrard gone too and Sturridge and Flanagan seem incapable now of having the same impact physically as they did that year. The Suarez gap was never filled, the Gerrard gap was never filled and Liverpool were always weak defensively to begin with. A clean sheet one week and then 3 let in the next.

What was great that year is now gone. In terms of starters now, what have you got left from the team that year? Mignolet, Skrtel, Henderson, Coutinho and Sturridge (when fit)? What was great is now gone and Klopp has to go into the transfer market and make Liverpool great again which will take time.

Lucas, Sahko. Johnson is gone which is no loss. There is nothing to suggest sturridge can't regain that form. He scored two the other week. Milner is a good squad player. Benteke is also there a proven premier league goalscorer.

Lucas, Sahko. Johnson is gone which is no loss. There is nothing to suggest sturridge can't regain that form. He scored two the other week. Milner is a good squad player. Benteke is also there a proven premier league goalscorer.

None of these players were significant contributors to the title challenge season so I don't get your reference here.

Sturridge can't stay fit for a season at a time at this stage. Will carry injuries throughout his career.

None of these players were significant contributors to the title challenge season so I don't get your reference here.

Sturridge can't stay fit for a season at a time at this stage. Will carry injuries throughout his career.

I give up its like talking to the wall.

I give up its like talking to the wall.

Well what do you expect when you keep referencing a season where most of the best players are no longer playing regularly for Liverpool?

Well what do you expect when you keep referencing a season where most of the best players are no longer playing regularly for Liverpool?

Three of them. One was just 18 and the other 34.

Three of them. One was just 18 and the other 34.

3 of the best 4. Of the defence that started most regularly that year, one still remains in the team. The team that year doesn't bear much resemblance to the one now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement