Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,922 ✭✭✭KH25

bangkok wrote: »
    some of fellaini's passing/touches when he came on were shocking, a simple 10 yard pass to young, he puts it 5 yards over his head out for a throw in. shocking

In fairness i think it would be unfair to single him out. Most of the teams passing was pretty bad today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Romero actually jumped over the ball when he tried to save it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The players seem so scared to be creative in attack just so dreadful in attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,344 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

You can't have all small players as your only players around the box all the time. City have Yaya to use his strength when they aren't able to play through, Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin rarely get around the box and it is cutting off any creativity through the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

RobertKK wrote: »
    He is leaving most likely.

Yeah looks that way, I wud love us (Arsenal) to sign him, with a good run of games I just think he could be class

Just not sure why you guys don't see him as a real option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

TheDoc wrote: »
    That was a pretty frustrating result considering what happened elsewhere at the weekend. Swansea, while a good team, weren't that impressive today. Two really soft goals.

Little created ourselves. Rooney should have had us 2-2, looking for the peno and then a dive. Really unusual decision making and had me going beserk.

Not going to freak out about it, plenty of teams will struggle there this year, but not winning those type of matches id the difference between winning a title and not.....

I actually thoight that Rooney was definitely impeded by Williams. And that Atkinson had an atrocious game, which is par for the course for him.

Not that it excuses the ****e we have been serving up for nearly a year now. Andre Ayew is playing great stuff right now but if you stuck him into that side on the form he is in now he'd look like all the rest, lacking confidence and afraid to express himself. The manager is causing many of our problems here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Soups123 wrote: »
    Hey not a Utd fan

Do you guys think Hernandez is underused? Do you think he could be a real option up front if given a run of games?
    Chico is a better option coming off the bench unlike that lump that is Fellaini. He isn't getting enough chances to prove he is the better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Soups123 wrote: »
    Hey not a Utd fan

Do you guys think Hernandez is underused? Do you think he could be a real option up front if given a run of games?

Couldnt be any worse than Rooney, but he will be shipped of and Rooney will unfortunatly remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

How many more performances like that can Rooney get away with? It's criminal at this stage!

• Advertisement

some of fellaini's passing/touches when he came on were shocking, a simple 10 yard pass to young, he puts it 5 yards over his head out for a throw in. shocking

Bangkok in anti-Fellaini post shocker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

i was saying as i watched it, when we got our goal, just sit back and defend. take the 0-1. the same **** as last year, wouldnt you think they would learn.

rooney doesnt inspire confidence as a 9. as a 10, yes. we need a striker asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

well there is a surprise....

He is fine for the sub goalkeeper.

Sooooooooo use Jonstone as main keeper instead? :pac:

DDG is going so we need a replacement and we need one badly.

they have done the hard work in getting the goal. sit back mourinho style and defend it. if they had done that we would have won.

rooney lies at fault. he made a poor pass for the swansea first goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Romero was never up to standard for United, we need to get a new keeper.

I've watched him for a long time and thought he was poor not average but poor.

Held my lip because to be fair he has done well.

We won't win the leauge with Romero in goals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

KH25 wrote: »
    In fairness i think it would be unfair to single him out. Most of the teams passing was pretty bad today.

yea but he is brought on to be our saviour. its actually a joke we are relying on him to rescue us a game. all long balls at the end as well terrible to look at

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Louis Van Gaal will not be here next season if the style of play continues.
    Some top managers on the market for next season.

beno619 wrote: »
    I've watched him for a long time and thought he was poor not average but poor.

Held my lip because to be fair he has done well.

We won't win the leauge with Romero in goals.

He has always been poor enough for Argentina but he is their only real option. Who can we go for keeper wise that we can get and is available? Navas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

De Gea for cash and Navas doesn't seem so bad now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Get ready for it.

meltdown.jpg

Hate this sort of ****. So lazy but not unexpected.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    well there is a surprise....

i dont really care to be honest, he was terrible when he came on

Schwiiing wrote: »
    De Gea for cash and Navas doesn't seem so bad now.

I'd love Navas but apparently he has no interest in going to England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Gary Neville is not happy.

I fear for us if things dont change, lvg needs a reality check that his football is innefective.

Needs signings, no more square pegs in round holes.

we always have next year

if van gaal thinks romero is our goaly, blind is a CB and rooney is a striker, he needs his head checked. in the four premership games rooney has been woeful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

That second goal is ridiculous. Stick a foot out Romero! Why is he trying to dive on it?

i dont really care to be honest, he was terrible when he came on

You made three posts all game. All against Fellaini.

You must be thrilled with our performances if you choose to attack Fellaini.

Again.

Your posts are some of the worst on this forum. Not even close.

that 2nd goal was terrible. could have stopped it with his boot!!

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »

Again.

yea cheers. we were terrible and we are bringing on a midfielder up front to launch balls into the box, great stuff

edit: sorry long "passes"

Again.

Fellaini is decent and is good to have in the squad. Anyone who is having problems with Fellaini at the squad needs to realize that he is the least of the problems :P

yea cheers. we were terrible and we are bringing on a midfielder up front to launch balls into the box, great stuff

So what would you do. Honest question?

How would you change it as United manager.

i look at city and they have real strength and speed and a striker up front who is clinical. we are a long way off them.

I genuinely think Romero thought he was playing dodgeball for that second goal.

So it's the tactics then?

You didn't even mention the tactics. You just had a dig at Fellaini directly as usual. It's not even funny or annoying anymore. It's boring it's easy to see through.

Roquentin wrote: »
    i look at city and they have real strength and speed and a striker up front who is clinical. we are a long way off them.

Yeah. I agree.

They knew that. They bought De Bruyne anyways.

That's the difference.

They'll be champions in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Amazing to think City who finished 2nd last year have destroyed United in the transfer market so far.. FFS even Liverpool - get the fúcking chequebook out and sign players! :mad:

CNrCfl9WsAAcwIr.jpg

Let's see if they ask Van Gaal some tough questions.

Procesh. Procesh. Procesh.

• Advertisement

Louis Van Gaal will not be here next season if the style of play continues.
    Some top managers on the market for next season.

And yet I was laughed off here by most a few days ago for suggesting he could be gone next summer........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

Anyone even think we'll be signing players? I hope I'm wrong but I honestly don't see anyone coming in.

I can't understand why a striker hasn't been brought in already and if De Gea leaves why we didn't go all out for a top keeper.

Problems in order of seriousnes

1. LVG ''philosophy''
    2. Rooney lone striker
    3. Goalkeeper
    4. Blind center back

3 and 4 could be switched

So what would you do. Honest question?

How would you change it as United manager.

let the players play with more freedom when they have the ball, no point having 70% and doing nothing with it. encourage the players to take chances like fergie used to do. if they make a mistake, no big deal, just try it again. all the players are playing within themselves.

bring on carrick for schneiderlain when we were losing instead of bring on hernandez and going 2 up front, so frustrating.

there is **** loads of stuff they could have doing. taking off herrera and mata 2 of our most creative players as well when we needed a goal

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Problems in order of seriousnes

1. LVG ''philosophy''
    2. Rooney lone striker
    3. Goalkeeper
    4. Blind center back

3 and 4 could be switched

Yeah. Agree 100%.

Rojo will surely replace Blind.

Yeah. Agree 100%.

Rojo will surely replace Blind.

Sooner the better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Its clear we need at least one signing but in all honesty, what world class striker would want to come to us on the basis of the start of the season.

let the players play with more freedom when they have the ball, no point having 70% and doing nothing with it. encourage the players to take chances like fergie used to do. if they make a mistake, no big deal, just try it again. all the players are playing within themselves.

bring on carrick for schneiderlain when we were losing instead of bring on hernandez and going 2 up front, so frustrating.

there is **** loads of stuff they could have doing. taking off herrera and mata 2 of our most creative players as well when we needed a goal

And what has ANY of that got to do with Fellaini as a player? Why were you not making THOSE points all through the match?

No. Keep hammering Fellaini regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

"The squad we all wanted"

"Finally!"

"The team we were crying out for"

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

It doesn't matter who we bring in, its the football we try to play is ****.

Jesus LVG, no point dominating the game of you aint scoring goals.

Im sick of hearing ' we were the dominent team'

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement