Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Cech deal is grand, would love to see scez see it as a challenge step up and keep him out of the team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Man In Coma After Conversation With Michael Owen

http://www.benchwarmers.ie/satire/man-in-coma-after-conversation-with-michael-owen-benchwarmers/

Thought this was pretty funny..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,267 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Man In Coma After Conversation With Michael Owen

http://www.benchwarmers.ie/satire/man-in-coma-after-conversation-with-michael-owen-benchwarmers/

Thought this was pretty funny..

Good job Ronnie wasn't with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

So cech in for 7m and ospina out for 5m? Good business if both go through, basically 2mil to upgrade to a keeper who has a tonne of experience with the premier league, champions league, and can be a great leader for scsz, although at this stage I'm not really sure what Wenger wants from the big Pole. Surely Cech will be no.1 and scsz won't stick around as no.2?

The howedes reports are interesting. Im wondering if we didn't bid for him in January as opposed to now as it doesn't seem like our first port of call this summer, but I would see him as a bit of an upgrade/replacement for mert- wouldn't be surprised if his massive amount of playing time has worn him out over the last few years.

Kongdogbia would be a good buy I think.. There seems to be lots of striker movement- who does it look like will be getting the short end and would fare well at the emirates now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Article on the greatest goal ever scored.

Greatest for me because I don't think it will be repeated and some to this day say he didn't mean it.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jun/19/golden-goal-dennis-bergkamp-arsenal-newcastle-2002

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Greatest for me because I don't think it will be repeated and some to this day say he didn't mean it.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jun/19/golden-goal-dennis-bergkamp-arsenal-newcastle-2002

It really was the greatest. It's creation and execution were things of beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Alexis got a nice one for Chile tonight before being subbed at half time. Lovely diving header.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

efb wrote: »
    It really was the greatest. It's creation and execution were things of beauty

Yes your 30 yard screamers will happen every season, even the goals from the half way line every few years but you'll never see that again and that's why Dennis is unique.

Yes your 30 yard screamers will happen every season, even the goals from the half way line every few years but you'll never see that again and that's why Dennis is unique.

Don't get the love for the half way line long goals myself. A well executed pass to the feet of a striker more impressive imho

• Advertisement

20 years since DB10 was signed.

Arsenal's greatest player imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

That goal didn't even get goal of the month on match of the day. I can't remember who got it but it was some "screamer" for 40 or 50 yards out...

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

That goal didn't even get goal of the month on match of the day. I can't remember who got it but it was some "screamer" for 40 or 50 yards out...

No? Won goal of the season though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

efb wrote: »
    20 years since DB10 was signed.

Arsenal's greatest player imho.

God I'm getting old. I still remember how excited I was, my favourite arsenal player of all time too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

Sanchez header last night

https://vine.co/v/eiHL3H1DV5t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

What a header that was

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The great thing about Sanchez is he should be a lot better this season.

I know it's gas but new team, league & language would have held him back.

You don't just slot into Arsenal as well. It's not like other teams where you're given specific instructions for every situation. It's all about relationships on the pitch.

jonny666 wrote: »
    What a header that was

He also started the whole move forward with a good tackle and run, played the pass to the guy who crossed it and continued his run into the box.

He was playing just off Vargas up top last night, very good performance in the first half although Bolivia looked like weak opposition.

Just renewed the membership for myself and the da there (fathers day innit). New season started yet?

Was it Bergkamp scored a similar goal against Leicester maybe, when he used the outside of his foot to spin the ball around a defender?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭emmetlego

shano_88 wrote: »

Lots of encouragement, but nothing concrete from reliable sources... We still wait.

Was it Bergkamp scored a similar goal against Leicester maybe, when he used the outside of his foot to spin the ball around a defender?

That was against Newcastle I believe.

wonga77 wrote: »
    Sanchez header last night

https://vine.co/v/eiHL3H1DV5t

He's as brave as they come. Brilliant goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Just renewed the membership for myself and the da there (fathers day innit). New season started yet?

What level. I got red lite and cost me 50 quid. Can seem a bit steep just for the privilege of being able to buy a ticket for the lowest tier games

stuchyg wrote: »
    What level. I got red lite and cost me 50 quid. Can seem a bit steep just for the privilege of being able to buy a ticket for the lowest tier games

Yeah got the same, £34 pounds each so I assume that'll be 50. The annoying thing is they have an option for £29 that'll renew itself each season but they won't take my card for it, think it needs to be an English account or something. It is expensive enough, especially considering the price on category A games. I bought Liverpool tickets for £80 last season and they ended up at like 125 euro each.

I assume they send out a new membership card each year? We don't just hang onto the old one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I assume they send out a new membership card each year? We don't just hang onto the old one?

Hang on to the old one yeah.

Yeah got the same, £34 pounds each so I assume that'll be 50. The annoying thing is they have an option for £29 that'll renew itself each season but they won't take my card for it, think it needs to be an English account or something. It is expensive enough, especially considering the price on category A games. I bought Liverpool tickets for £80 last season and they ended up at like 125 euro each.

Same card. Iv had mine since I joined. Its looking a bit sad at this stage tbh

symbolic wrote: »
    Hang on to the old one yeah.
    Same card. Iv had mine since I joined. Its looking a bit sad at this stage tbh

Oh grand, cheers!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I doubt Sanchez will be better next season. The Copa this summer isn't going to help.

Every year I marvel at the racket that is "club membership".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Kondogbia going to inter for 22mil, wonder were we ever in for him

My in laws support Everton. 10 of us went in April with two memberships costing 30 each. Each member is allowed buy up to 5 tickets per game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

My in laws support Everton. 10 of us went in April with two memberships costing 30 each. Each member is allowed buy up to 5 tickets per game

Supply and demand I spose...

I doubt Sanchez will be better next season. The Copa this summer isn't going to help.

Have faith!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Every year I marvel at the racket that is "club membership".

I very much resent shelling out the membership fee. I'll be buying my shirt from China to make up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

All the money in Italy at the moment is mad everyone wants to leave Juve and milan's are trying to sign all the best talent ...should be an interesting serie A next season

All the money in Italy at the moment is mad everyone wants to leave Juve and milan's are trying to sign all the best talent ...should be an interesting serie A next season

I'm not disagreeing with you or anything but where's the info on people wanting to leave Juve coming from. Last I heard they were doing very well financially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Pogba, Vidal, Pirlo, Tevez LLorente all heavily speculated to be moving on, Obviously the stories could be all horse **** ...but alot of speculation floating around the club and most of it is focusing on players leaving

Manzukic being the obvious one going to the opposite way already

Pogba, Vidal, Pirlo, Tevez LLorente all heavily speculated to be moving on, Obviously the stories could be all horse **** ...but alot of speculation floating around the club and most of it is focusing on players leaving

Manzukic being the obvious one going to the opposite way already

Pogba going nowhere before next season's euros I think. When he does go it'll be Barca or Real, not Arsenal or Utd as the red top's would suggest.

Juve are apparently in a fantastic financial position compared to a few years ago. Football Weekly gave some stats a couple of weeks ago on how much they've closed the gap on others.

Personally I think Juve will hang on to Vidal and Pogba and the others may go but no against the clubs wishes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

New thread woop! :D Bit late i know hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

Alan Brazil ‏@SportsBreakfast 2h2 hours ago
    John Terry on Petr Cech's imminent move from #CFC to #AFC:

"He will win them 12 to 15 points a season"

Cant verify how true this is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

I was at the supporters meeting on Friday night. Met Paul Davis, Martin Hays and Ian Wright. Sound men but more interest from Fans around Ian Wright. Tom Watt(Lofty) was doing compare and did try to push Ian Gazidis on the Cech signing but Gazidis was diplomatic in his response and Wrighty was pushing him for a yes or no. Gazidis did not deny it but until I see the player holding the Jersey in his hand I wont listen or believe anything I read

The full transcript is over on Arseblog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

The transcript ("get it over the line" etc etc) very much suggests its advanced at this point.

That'll be a nice start to the season.

Have a feeling Wenger will surprise us all with a biggie out of left field a lá Ozil too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Underground

I didn't think we'd be in the market for a keeper, have to say I'd be delighted with Cech. I think it'll be relatively quiet after Cech if and when he does sign. Reckon we'll get a striker and that'll be it, barring any departures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

This is exactly what he said

In an interview given to talkSPORT from China, where the former England defender is on a promotional tour, Terry said: “I am sure if he does leave the club, which nobody wants to see, but we understand he wants to play football, he is going to be sorely missed. He will improve whatever side he goes to.”

Terry added: “There is obviously talk of Arsenal signing Petr and if they do get Pete, that will strengthen them for sure. He will save them 12 to 15 points a season.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

subscribed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

wawaman wrote: »
    Alan Brazil ‏@SportsBreakfast 2h2 hours ago
    John Terry on Petr Cech's imminent move from #CFC to #AFC:

"He will win them 12 to 15 points a season"

Cant verify how true this is

He has the height to head in a few from corners :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

You know the drill lads!

Wait for Arsenal.com or the players hairdresser.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

greendom wrote: »

Still waiting to see him holding the jersey before I believe it. Higuain was pretty much signed too according to the tabloids.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement