Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 30), Oct 9-10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

And so it came to pass. The best team in the country travel to Tallaght knowing victory will confirm their status as Champions. An eleventh title awaits for Dundalk FC which will bring us level with Bohs and just one behind Shels. By the time Stephen Kenny has finished his journey with us we will have overtaken Shamrock Rovers to become the country's most successful ever club.

Most of the league of Ireland family have taken Dundalk to their hearts and I'm guessing they will travel to Tallaght tomorrow evening to witness in the flesh the coronation of the league's finest ever side. Winning the title in Shamrock Rovers back yard will sicken hoops fans to the point where they will probably vomit all over their tracksuits.

21 goal Richie Towell has just been named Player of the Month (again) and thankfully will be on show tomorrow evening after being inexplicably left out of yet another Irish squad.

For all those who can't make it to Tallaght sit back on your most comfortable chair, open a can of your favourite lager, sit back and enjoy the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Shamrock.jpg

There is something very rotten within the football culture in Ireland if fans cannot sit in the home section without the threat of being ejected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Slightly fancy Shels to beat us. Even though we'll have another big crowd and we won't want to finish our last home game of the season on a low note, I'm pretty sure it's still party-time for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Slightly fancy Shels to beat us. Even though we'll have another big crowd and we won't want to finish our last home game of the season on a low note, I'm pretty sure it's still party-time for us.

Might happen, but I know for a 100% fact that Shane Keegan is setting up his team to go for the 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Shamrock.jpg

There is something very rotten within the football culture in Ireland if fans cannot sit in the home section without the threat of being ejected.

I doubt anybody will be ejected unless they are acting the bollox. Rovers issued this statement to minimise traveling support as much as possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

doncarlos wrote: »
    I doubt anybody will be ejected unless they are acting the bollox. Rovers issued this statement to minimise traveling support as much as possible

I was ejected from the home end before due to being an away fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I was ejected from the home end before due to being an away fan.

Ejected from stadium or moved to the away end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

just a tad ironic after telling rte to stop broadcasting their matches as its affecting crowds...

Ejected from stadium or moved to the away end?

Stadium was trying to move to the away end.

We won 4 nil and I had to watch it from Block A (just bought another ticket), good times :pac:
    overshoot wrote: »
    just a tad ironic after telling rte to stop broadcasting their matches as its affecting crowds...

One half of their fans are all "fcuk dundalk gave us nothing last season in some final " the others are "money is nice"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,947 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Pighead wrote: »
    And so it came to pass. The best team in the country travel to Tallaght knowing victory will confirm their status as Champions. An eleventh title awaits for Dundalk FC which will bring us level with Bohs and just one behind Shels.

Basic mathematics too difficult for you?

Tut tut. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Can't see UCD slipping up so us against Wexford means f**k all. Good travelling support going down - missing it myself due to poxy worth and vowed not to drive to another game after Athlone away a few weeks ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Basic mathematics too difficult for you?

Tut tut. :pac:
    In Dundalk we believe in fairness and our history books will forever have St Pats as the 2001-02 champions. 15 point deduction Pighead's arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Anyone from galway know if the galway limerick game is on local radio up there?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

FFS we beat Finn Harps back in August, then went and lost both games against ye last month to pretty much hand ye the title, the least ye could do to pay us back is beat Shels :pac:

After our first two week break in over 3 months, I'd hope we're a lot less lethargic tonight. No better teams to get a bit of momentum going into the playoffs than Cabo and Waterford. That's assuming that we beat them both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Anyone from galway know if the galway limerick game is on local radio up there?

Usually Galway bay will be covering it but not kick by kick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Supposedly there'll be a good few Germans coming to Dalymount tonight. Sure what's a few more long balls in any case? ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That is a very big game in Galway..either side losing would seal their fate really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Usually Galway bay will be covering it but not kick by kick

its fine Limerick's local station is actually covering it live i've just been told :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

The Shams-Dundalk match has certainly woken up from a dull first half.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

kksaints wrote: »
    The Shams-Dundalk match has certainly woken up from a dull first half.

Who scored?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Who scored?

Danny North

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Horgan seriously needs to be pulled here having an absolute mare. Surprised he got out for the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bohemians 2-0 up vs St Pats. Haven't beaten them in the league since 2008/09 or something!

Omackeral wrote: »
    Bohemians 2-0 up vs St Pats. Haven't beaten them in the league since 2008/09 or something!

2010 in inchicore the day Rovers lost to Sporting Fingal in Tallaght and we all went to Galway a week later thinking we had the league won :(

*have we defo not won since then?

Omackeral wrote: »

:(. October 2010 if I remember correctly. Leaves the door for 4th place somewhat ajar for ye.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

At a wedding here. Listening to United and Liverpool fans bicker about history, so painful. I'm not anti premier league.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Well taken peno by Towell who had done very little in the match until then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

congrats Dundalk...
    and UCD, il see you in 2 weeks ;)
    edit: just realised youths/shels kick off was 8... but cant see them scoring 34 so il stick with that!

best team by a mile and fully deserved it, congrats Dundalk

Bohs only team to beat them this season in the league :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Congrats to Dundalk. Superb team who play very entertaining football. Stephen Kenny has done an amazing job.

Congrats to Dundalk. Best team by a fair bit this season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Clearly the best team in the league won it, congrats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

come on the town!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Dundalk CHAMPIONS OF IRELAND ye know what we are!!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Nice to beat Pats, bloody ages since the last time. Fair few Germans at the game.

Well done Dundalk, nobody close to them. How many weeks were they top? Most of the season it seems.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

C'mon the town..... back to back titles...

365094.jpg

Annoyed to be beaten by a team like Bohs.

Season over yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Results have gone exactly as I have feared the past two weeks. Losing to Galway and then Galway losing to Limerick is a kick in the balls.

If we don't get a win tomorrow I don't see us staying up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Did not expect such a comfortable win over Shels. Not sure what's happened since we drew away to them last time.

Great to see us lift the trophy tonight, amazing year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

United were useless tonight. Definitely the worst performance of the season. The relegation battle is ridiculously tight now. I really can't call it except that I think Limerick's momentum will keep them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭howiya

Well done Dundalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bohs were excellent tonight. Pats looked completely disorganised and lost the heads completely. Very dirty team.

Delighted to finally get a win over them. We were due one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That_Guy wrote: »
    Bohs were excellent tonight. Pats looked completely disorganised and lost the heads completely. Very dirty team.

Pat's are gone. Pure seeing the season out. They don't care. We need a shake up for next year.

Also, congratulations to Dundalk. Is there any chance of Pighead whacking up a drunken post at 5am. That should be priceless.

I've got a feeling he may praise that team. :pac::pac:

That_Guy wrote: »

Your taking the piss and just delighted to win a game yeah? Its only been 5 years?

We dominated the ball with kids and you scored on a counter and well 2nd one debatable, i was far away. My fav Ref moment was when Murphy cleaned out Byrne and we didnt even get a throw, then when he cleaned out Bayly you got a throw :D But hey we get someone sent off........

We played the LOI ref game with kids vs an awful bohs team who could barely pass to each other and lost. Im actually annoyed we lost to a team like that.

I dont think Bucko is the man to teach the team to be dirty timewasting ***** like everyone else we play.

I actually wish we were a dirty team...we too ****ing soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Tonight was special. Back to back titles, considering seven long long years in the wilderness of the first division.

As football fans we put up with so much. This is our period in the sun.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Whether it was dirty play or Pats couldn't be arsed to time a tackle properly, there was constant fouling from the start, saw a red coming a mile away.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

This Limerick run is ridiculous. They were all but relegated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,493 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Nervy last few games. Still don't think enough teams below us will catch up...thankfully!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

We lack so much creativity without Benson. Doubtful whether he'll be back for the playoff. Can't see us getting anywhere close to Harps the way we're playing.

Congrats to Dundalk. Best team from start to finish. Hope they get a kinder draw in next year's Champions League.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Your taking the piss and just delighted to win a game yeah? Its only been 5 years?

We dominated the ball with kids and you scored on a counter and well 2nd one debatable, i was far away. My fav Ref moment was when Murphy cleaned out Byrne and we didnt even get a throw, then when he cleaned out Bayly you got a throw :D But hey we get someone sent off........

We played the LOI ref game with kids vs an awful bohs team who could barely pass to each other and lost. Im actually annoyed we lost to a team like that.

I dont think Bucko is the man to teach the team to be dirty timewasting ***** like everyone else we play.

I actually wish we were a dirty team...we too ****ing soft.

You're one place above Bohs in the league, and have been for most of the season. You seem to have inflated ideas about how good you are - you're going to finish behind a Rovers side that have been a failure under Fenlon and a very average Cork side. You're nothing close to the team you were a couple of seasons ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement