Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Write off?

Options
  • 30-09-2019 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

So I was rear ended and my boot is now pretty much in the back seat so I'm assuming it will be a write off. The car is 6 years old, and seems to be going for about 6-7k on auto trader etc, if it is written off how much should I expect to get from insurance.

In unlikely event they say it is repairable can I push for it to be written off as I dont think there will be any resale value and no garage will want to touch it...

(Other party has claimed total liability so that's no issue)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,346 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The car is 6 years old, and seems to be going for about 6-7k on auto trader etc, if it is written off how much should I expect to get from insurance.

Less than that.
    In unlikely event they say it is repairable can I push for it to be written off .....

You can 'push' all you like but it comes down to the repair estimate vs. the street value of the car. If the repair estimate is less than the value of the car, they pay for the repair. If they concede (under pressure from you) that it's a write-off , they have to pay you more so why would they do that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement