Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would a bow get through customs?

Options
  • 20-12-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So I'm getting a bow shipped in from America but before I order it i want to know if it would get through customs. Would it?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

I've had a riser shipped in from the US without problems.........................after that I don't know but I would think it would be okay.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

don't know for sure but on the Customs program on RTE the other night they were confiscating Swords and Deactivated guns at the An Post central sorting office. They said that those items needed import licenses now and that the law had changed a few years ago. I suggest you ring customs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭SunDog

No problem importing. May be duty to be paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Not from the US, but I just had a complete bow and accessories shipped over from the UK with no issues, and the boxes were marked as from ******** Archery, so there was no doubt as to what type of items were in the boxes. The order arrived on Wednesday gone.

There is no licence required to own a bow, and they are not on the banned items list like swords and deactivated guns, so as has been said above, apart from possibly being hit for duty, I can't see that you would have any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 the_ferreter

Will get through no problem at all. There not classed as a weapon and no license is required to own one. Just a shame you cant hunt with them here in Ireland.

As said above may have to pay customs duty ....unless Marked As GIFT!!!!
    ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Brendan moyna

I got a bowthch fully loaded with arrows in no problem the guys at the shop in canada where i bought it even put it down as damaged second hand and lowered the price so as I didnt have to pay that much import duty on it.

Advertisement