Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-01-2004, 13:26   #16
Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by NordicDiver
I got this mail from them:

Jan,for TDI trimix you will need Deco Procedures, for
IANTD check their course requirements.

I have to check up with firstage when they run trimix or up in north dv diving.
But my aim is to take the trimix this year, since am booked for a trimix trip in august.
I'm almost sure that firststage diving don't provide trimix training. You have to go to Tim Doyle for that. He's all the way down in bantry bay and thats a long trip from dublin i can tell you.
I did my Advanced Nitrox with him and he's a seriously no bull**** intructor but a sound guy at the same time. If you screw up on a skill expect to hear about it....infront of everyone. I loved that course! The bollockings that were handed out were great....especially when you're not getting it :ninja:

What trip are you going on nordic.....sounds cool already..?
Advertisement
16-01-2004, 17:56   #17
NordicDiver

www.immersed.com/Articles/narvik__norway.htm

Going here, its up north in Norway.
17-01-2004, 00:59   #18
Peace

Quote:
Interestingly, many "sneak dives," complete with suiting up in the woods, are conducted in Narvik. It's not unusual to do a sneak dive and then encounter sneak divers from another group during the dive!
lol, are you going to be sneaking around waiting for the coast to be clear and then jump in?

Didn't this area get a mention in divernet recently.. Although it might be completely different area....sounds like the same kinda diving though. Article.
17-01-2004, 12:41   #19
NordicDiver

Me and smygol are sniking around upp north in the artic circle and jumping in and sniking around the wrecks along uk divers,

The article on diver net are from a DIFFERENT country, SWEDEN I am insulted !!

17-01-2004, 13:58   #20
Peace

Quote:
The article on diver net are from a DIFFERENT country, SWEDEN I am insulted !!

PFFFFTTT, well ofcourse i knew that.... but ehhh i forgot to mention it in my previous post and all....

Carry on. :ninja:
Advertisement
25-01-2004, 23:11   #21
Banned

Off to Plymouth for Module 1 and collecting Inspiration on March 28. Hope to take Trimix Instructor course August/Sept.
Maybe 2 new ali stage tanks and possible drysuit.........+ lots of diving.
26-01-2004, 09:01   #22
Mick L

2004, well lets see, I could come up with a list of great things to do (it would probalby be very similar to Peace's list so I won't bother typing it up again) but there is also the list with what i can afford. Should kick off the season as is traditional now with a dive on Paddy's weekend maybe.
Quote:
Originally posted by dublinbay
Off to Plymouth for Module 1 and collecting Inspiration on March 28. Hope to take Trimix Instructor course August/Sept.
Maybe 2 new ali stage tanks and possible drysuit.........+ lots of diving.
Now that's where I plan to be at some stage (no pun intended :dunno: ). Yep rebreather. Have to get the trimix done first though and then maybe the lotto. Dublinbay, when you mentioned the drysuit, I assume you were talking about getting a new drysuit to replace your current one and not getting you're first one. I'm getting cold just thinking about the amount of time you'd have to spend in the water to get those certs and 500+ dives........in a wetsuit.......in Ireland
27-01-2004, 01:38   #23
Banned

Yes, a second suit. As a back up not a replacement. My present suit is DUI CLX 450, virtually bomb proof but for the seals. So if the wallet allows.............
31-12-2004, 02:52   #24
Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace
So whats on your wish list - kit/places/training?

For me the kit is as follows:
7ltr stage with stage kit & reg (probably poseidon)
Puker reel - custom divers 100m - probably about 100 yoyo alone!
Twinset valve protector.
Total for eqipment - about 700 of your earth euro.
Well, on the gear side if things, i got a very nice reel and i got the 7ltr ALU stage (what a dream to dive with). Manifold prtector - didn't bother me arse .

Quote:
Training:
Technical diver and maybe trimix if i play my cards right with me monies. SAWEET!!
On the training side of the coin trimix didn't get done. I did however get the nitrox blending cert done.

Quote:
Also if i am REALLY good with the saving of monies the red sea could be sweet. Either liveaboard or tech training(trimix).
No liveaboard either.

Quote:
Places:
Well donegal will be on the list for a return visit. Must do my research on what wreck i want to do. Maybe a U Boat would be sweet.
Plenty of diving done in donegal though. Dived a uboat and the cartaginian one weekend. Had another couple of weekend blown ot due to weather. But also got in the U260.

A good dive season, not so much quantity but excellent levels of quality.

Considering theres about 20hours lieft int he '04 season... how'd you all do?
Advertisement
31-12-2004, 15:03   #25
donny

Got a manifolded twinset as well as a wing/bp. Have a 7L stage that I haven't dived with yet. Think it was sometime this year that I picked up my second ATX40 as well.

Training wise, I did the PADI divemaster and CMAS *** and am in the middle of the Mon * course. Did the IANTD advanced nitrox course as well in September which was excellent.

Next year I hope to do a blending course as well as the technical nitrox course. Trimix is probably not gonna happen this year though.

Got 2 weeks diving in the canaries as well as the Laurentic and the U260 and made it to the dive show in Birmingham.

Next year I've a week planned in Scapa but hope to finally get to the red sea.

On the shopping list is a new undersuit (probably weezle extreme), a reel, a stage reg and possibly a new torch in time.

Meant to get diving today but was out on the piss last night instead

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion