Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaft replacement

Options
  • 20-10-2019 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

rushed into buying a new clubs and now realise standard lengths are too short for me (never got fitted when buying). Can shafts be replaced with longer ones and any idea how much it would cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

Shafts can be replaced or extended but this work should be done by someone who knows what they are doing as it can also effect lie angle and swing weight. I am 6' 2" and was fitted for irons + 1/2 inch and 2 deg upright. Lie angle can be very important. A good fitter can remove the grip, fit an extension piece, set loft/lie, replace the grip and bring the club to the desired swing weight and it doesn't have to cost the earth. Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭justcallmemoses

bmay529 wrote: »
    Shafts can be replaced or extended but this work should be done by someone who knows what they are doing as it can also effect lie angle and swing weight. I am 6' 2" and was fitted for irons + 1/2 inch and 2 deg upright. Lie angle can be very important. A good fitter can remove the grip, fit an extension piece, set loft/lie, replace the grip and bring the club to the desired swing weight and it doesn't have to cost the earth. Where are you located?

Drive Golf Performance in Cork are excellent

Advertisement