Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-02-2019, 09:36   #1
Prominent_Dawg

Bus Éireann Wtf

I’m actually in disbelief how this is our national bus service, l was on the airport bus today paid for express Bus Éireann nearly 30 euro , and what showed up was like a bus from the 60s not Bus Éireann, some random driver not even working for Bus Éireann, the bus stank of smoke, mold and damp, like it hadn’t been used in years, I had to tell the driver to let me off the bus as I was going to vomit, and had to pay an additional 30 euro for the train, how is this are national bus service
Advertisement
03-02-2019, 09:39   #2
HeidiHeidi

Have you told Bus Eireann this?
03-02-2019, 10:33   #3
Prominent_Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeidiHeidi View Post
Have you told Bus Eireann this?
I would imagine they are well aware of the service they are providing, it’s a ****ing disgrace to the country
03-02-2019, 10:38   #4
HeidiHeidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prominent_Dawg View Post
I would imagine they are well aware of the service they are providing, it’s a ****ing disgrace to the country
But if they repeatedly get tolf what a ****ing disgraceful service they are providing, they might actually do something about it.

They might not, admittedly - but if nobody complains they why would they bother?
03-02-2019, 11:11   #5
Prominent_Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeidiHeidi View Post
But if they repeatedly get tolf what a ****ing disgraceful service they are providing, they might actually do something about it.

They might not, admittedly - but if nobody complains they why would they bother?
I wouldn’t waste my time reporting it to BE, this is the standard of service they deem acceptable to paying customers, I just find it baffling how we accept this standard here in Ireland when every other country’s national transport service is on another level, I will report it to tfi today
Advertisement
03-02-2019, 11:34   #6

Quote:
I wouldn’t waste my time reporting it to BE, this is the standard of service they deem acceptable to paying customers, I just find it baffling how we accept this standard here in Ireland when every other country’s national transport service is on another level, I will report it to tfi today
In my opinion it's all to do with our 'National Debt'
That still hasn't gone away people!
Nurses, transport, workers pay, social housing have all been hit and
will continue to do so! We're going backwards!
Thanks from:
03-02-2019, 11:55   #7
Prominent_Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuietFella View Post
In my opinion it's all to do with our 'National Debt'
That still hasn't gone away people!
Nurses, transport, workers pay, social housing have all been hit and
will continue to do so! We're going backwards!
The national transport service here is one of the most expensive in Europe, and five times the price they pay for the same service in the uk, the least we should expect is to be provided with an acceptable standard of service
03-02-2019, 12:33   #8
Del.Monte

Quote:
The national transport service here is one of the most expensive in Europe, and five times the price they pay for the same service in the uk, the least we should expect is to be provided with an acceptable standard of s, rvice
Links, please!
03-02-2019, 12:37   #9
Prominent_Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del.Monte View Post
Links, please!
Links to what?
Advertisement
03-02-2019, 12:41   #10
punisher5112

Op contact BE as they do have private operators do runs for them as short of coaches and driver's also.

I would suggest contacting them on twitter, by email and also including the CEO and did you find the name of the private operators as it should have had it's company address printed on the side near the front axle.
Thanks from:
03-02-2019, 12:44   #11
LessOutragePlz

Quote:
The problem is that in a lot of places there is no other alternative to BE so there is no competition. Therefore, there is no pressure from competitors on BE to improve their service since it's the only relatively cheap transport option for people especially in rural areas. So it's either accept a crap service at times and get where you need to go or don't bother using BE but don't get to where you need to go unless you spend a lot more money on a taxi.
03-02-2019, 13:15   #12
Prominent_Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher5112 View Post
Op contact BE as they do have private operators do runs for them as short of coaches and driver's also.

I would suggest contacting them on twitter, by email and also including the CEO and did you find the name of the private operators as it should have had it's company address printed on the side near the front axle.
I didn’t, as my issue is not with that operator, as they are only doing there job, it’s with BE, but I’m sure they will know by the time the bus was scheduled for, after all it was operating on behalf of BE on what’s probably the main route from Dublin Airport
03-02-2019, 13:22   #13
colm_mcm

Why didn’t you say in the OP that you just want to moan?

Surely if the subcontractor is providing a bus from the 60s that smells of smoke, where you had to leave the bus for fear of vomiting, you should complain to the subcontractor at the very least? Saying that they’re only doing their job and it’s all bus eireanns fault is bizzare.

You have all these opinions/facts about BE yet you still booked them?
03-02-2019, 13:44   #14
punisher5112

Quote:
I didn’t, as my issue is not with that operator, as they are only doing there job, it’s with BE, but I’m sure they will know by the time the bus was scheduled for, after all it was operating on behalf of BE on what’s probably the main route from Dublin Airport
BE wouldn't know the bus is in bits though unless advised by the likes of yourself or anyone else that found it to be in such a condition.

You actually think they inspected that coach????

Obviously I would complain to BE but you could have also complained to the private operator also.
(2) thanks from:
03-02-2019, 13:51   #15
DesperateDan

I like the new buses. Tables, toilets, leather, sockets for laptops, usb for phones, internet, radio, little cameras to watch the road, nice lady telling you how many minutes away you are.

For example for my local ticket, return from Edgeworthstown to Heuston is €18 and gets there in 1 hour 15 mins. Same ticket for the train is €25, at least 1 hour 50 mins, and sometimes you have to stand the whole way.
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion