Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mistakenly banned because sarcasm was lost on someone

Options
  • 19-02-2021 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello, my account (httpete) has been banned and I believe it is because someone mistakenly misconstrued a comment I made on the Covid forum as being offensive.

I am on the record numerous times advocating strongly for the zero Covid approach of Taiwan/South Korea/NZ/Oz/Singapore/etc... I believe it is the most intelligent approach to the pandemic and that Ireland should follow it. Here is a thread I started on Taiwan for example:
    boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058103701&page=2

In one of the Covid threads a poster made a post asking how will zero Covid countries cope in a post-pandemic environment when the non-zero Covid countries have all been vaccinated, and will these countries have to have keep having lockdowns in the future? I thought this proposition was absolutely ridiculous as obviously the zero Covid countries, who have taken the most intelligent approach all along, will also vaccinate their populations.

So I responded with a sarcastic reply that yes they will keep locking down because they are too thick to vaccinate their populations. I thought the sarcasm was obvious, especially since in the very next post I linked to news articles showing the zero Covid are vaccinating their populations, I said they must be fake news articles to again highlight the ridiculousness of the proposition of the other poster. The posts are here:
    boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116280669&postcount=179

Please look at my posts on boards.ie over the last year where you can verify that I am a massive supporter of the zero Covid approach of Taiwan/South Korea/NZ/etc...so clearly my comments were sarcastic as I have explained above.

Can you please unban my httpete account now that I have cleared up this issue? Maybe an edit could be made to my posts to indicate they were meant sarcastically.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 httpete1

Can someone please ask mike_ie, the moderator who banned me, to read this post (and check my post history) so he can clearly see I was just been sarcastic and that I am actually one of the strongest supporters of the approach of countries like Taiwan/NZ/South Korea/Oz, etc.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

No, as outlined in the message you would have received with your ban, you were banned for jumping between two accounts to post, i.e. sockpuppeting, which is not allowed on this site. If you wish to discuss the terms of your ban, you can log into either of your two other accounts and discuss in prison.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement