Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

robinph wrote: »
    I have a kids profile with access to Frozen etc, and dodgy stuff from back in the racist Disney days, then left one adult profile as was but without a pin, that gives access to Moana and some Star content, then another adult profile with a pin set that gives access to everything up to Deadpool levels.

Not a great way to set restrictions at all, but there is now several levels of access you can create.

I added unrestricted Star to my own profile on launch

I’m just surprised that Star HAS to be added

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Raya And The Last Dragon doesn't appear to have the same buzz as the live action Mulan release. Looks like 3 months is the Premier Access window they've gone with this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

I’ve seen mistake in those image tiles before (the movie title in Spanish, a BBC logo in the corner, etc.)

This could be such but hopefully you are right.

There’s been a few of them

OU812 wrote: »
    There’s been a few of them

Do you mean a few with a Disney+ logo?

Like I said there have been mistake before like titles of a movie appearing in Spanish in those images. If an image that belongs in the Spanish version of the apps can appear on the Irish version, then we can also mistakenly be getting imagery that belongs on the US version of the app.

I’m hoping you are right but I think it is more likely that error.

Do you mean a few with a Disney+ logo?

Like I said there have been mistake before like titles of a movie appearing in Spanish in those images. If an image that belongs in the Spanish version of the apps can appear on the Irish version, then we can also mistakenly be getting imagery that belongs on the US version of the app.

I’m hoping you are right but I think it is more likely that error.

Yea. I’ve a couple of movies with incorrect posters/tiles but this Disney+ logo was new.

If you search for predator 2 you can see it. There were others but I can’t recall as I was specifically looking up that one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Needs to be understood that in this market, Star is not an “add on” or something extra to be added. It is a fully integral part of Disney+. Die Hard with a Vengeance is as much a part of Disney+ as Mickey Mouse.

They didn’t need to do it that way, but they did. In markets where Star is a separate service there’s live premium sport from ESPN which isn’t being offered here. ESPN has few rights here outside of US college football and basketball which lets face it isn’t a huge crowd puller to mass market a service on (they have the separate ESPN Player service for that and an affiliation deal with BT Sport).

It says to me though that Disney doesn’t see Star as being a viable proposition as a separate service here. By making it integral to Disney+ they get to pass a price rise on to everyone. If it were optional, well so would be the price rise.

JJayoo wrote: »
    Any sneaky free trials knocking around?

No. They ended the free trial last year I can buy a monthly subscription though

If you’re considering it, Quidco have a tenner back and you’ll get the cheaper pricing for the year now too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

No. They ended the free trial last year I can buy a monthly subscription though

If you’re considering it, Quidco have a tenner back and you’ll get the cheaper pricing for the year now too

That sounds good, I was thinking off watching Wanda Vision.

Yea. I’ve a couple of movies with incorrect posters/tiles but this Disney+ logo was new.

If you search for predator 2 you can see it. There were others but I can’t recall as I was specifically looking up that one.

I did look up Predator 2 when you mentioned it.

I’m just going to remain pessimistic that it is a mistake - so that way if you are right then it is a nice surprise ;)

I’m hoping you are right because that could lead to Prime Video being added too. Disney is pleasant app to browse. Prime is a mess.

I don’t think Netflix allow d the integration anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I did look up Predator 2 when you mentioned it.

I’m just going to remain pessimistic that it is a mistake - so that way if you are right then it is a nice surprise ;)

I’m hoping you are right because that could lead to Prime Video being added too. Disney is pleasant app to browse. Prime is a mess.

I don’t think Netflix allow d the integration anywhere.

I'm watching Atlanta on Disney Plus (PS5 App) at the moment and if I pick it from the Continue Watching bar, it doesn't give me the option to watch the next episode when the one I'm watching ends. I have to come out of that episode back to the main menu and search for the series to get to the next episode. It's a complete mess.

That said, delighted to finally get around to watching Atlanta. First season nearly finished and it's such a great watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I'm watching Atlanta on Disney Plus (PS5 App) at the moment and if I pick it from the Continue Watching bar, it doesn't give me the option to watch the next episode when the one I'm watching ends. I have to come out of that episode back to the main menu and search for the series to get to the next episode. It's a complete mess.

That said, delighted to finally get around to watching Atlanta. First season nearly finished and it's such a great watch.

I find that the shows on Disney have a habit of leaving the episode you just watched with even only seconds remaining in your "continue watching" bar, rather than queuing up the next episode, but if I leave the episode playing it does usually queue the next episode up.

Atlanta is so so good. I enjoyed the second season as much (if not more) than the first. You're in for a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Raising Hope is an absolute delight on Star. We watched originally when RTE had it 10 years or so ago, but fell into a binge hole of it since it became available, it's great craic. Burt Chance, one of the best characters ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hurrache wrote: »
    Raising Hope is an absolute delight on Star. We watched originally when RTE had it 10 years or so ago, but fell into a binge hole of it since it became available, it's great craic.

Same !
    Just restarted it last night
    Never got to finish it last time around

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Been rewatching Raising hope too and watching Sons of Anarchy for the first time.

Not 100% if I watched all of Rasining hope the first time I'm remembering a lot but I don't remember it being so many seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭cena

Watched the first x-flies movie last night

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

Raising Hope has a reunion panel tomorrow. The twins must be nearly teenagers now.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/cloris-leachman-raising-hope-charity-reunion-martha-plimpton-fox-1234710927/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Disney+ kinda broken for me for the last week.

progress isn't save in anything I'm watching so I've to go into it and find the next episode, and a few shows the point they are saved to is broken so it crashes the player in chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watched crimson tide for the time in a while and it’s really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Hey, could anyone tell me if all the marvel movies are available when streaming in Ireland?
    (Google is ambiguous so thought I'd get a better answer here, thanks!)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

Hulk and Spider-Man are missing. The rest are there.

• Advertisement

Buttros wrote: »
    Hulk and Spider-Man are missing. The rest are there.

Much appreciated, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭adaminho

Hey, could anyone tell me if all the marvel movies are available when streaming in Ireland?
    (Google is ambiguous so thought I'd get a better answer here, thanks!)

If you scroll down there is an option to watch them in timeline order.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Coach Bombay returns today

adaminho wrote: »

yep, way ahead of you ;)
    Got through Captain America and about 30 mins left in Captain Marvel

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

adaminho wrote: »

I wouldn’t watch them that way as end credit scenes would be out of sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭vafankillar

why after so many decades of national geographic is there only a handful of documentaries up? I just can't make sense of it. They must have catalog of thousands of documentaries, same with sky history on nowtv.

surely there must be some sort of money to be made having a documentary streaming service where these channels can just put up a significant part of their catolog for viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

why after so many decades of national geographic is there only a handful of documentaries up? I just can't make sense of it. They must have catalog of thousands of documentaries, same with sky history on nowtv.

surely there must be some sort of money to be made having a documentary streaming service where these channels can just put up a significant part of their catolog for viewing.

Not the same documentaries, but if you want an all-documentary streaming service look up CuriousityStream.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Occono wrote: »
    Not the same documentaries, but if you want an all-documentary streaming service look up CuriousityStream.

Yes, Curiosity Stream is excellent, and great VFM!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Occono wrote: »
    Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Yes, Curiosity Stream is excellent, and great VFM!

Magellan tv is pretty good as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Liked the first episode of Mighty Ducks
    I did think standing up in the canteen was more something you'd see later on like late movie when everyone gets confidence.
    Knew the new kid would turn out to be crap when they were giving him that slo mo entrance.

Advertisement