Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread ban - FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options
  • 21-02-2021 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I would like to appeal a thread ban I received from a moderator Necro at 6.23 : here is the post number 8053.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smurgen View Post
    I wasn't taking to you? No idea how your posts are accepted by the Mods.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brendan Bendar View Post

You surely wouldn’t be backdoor modding, would you.

Dangerous business that........tell me about it.
    Mod:

Both of you are now threadbanned seeing as you continue to snipe at each other
    Necro is offline Report Post

My issue here is that I was not engaging this poster before this reply at all and had reported his previous comment to me post 8043 :.

Respectfully suggest you need a dose of reality, a chara

You need to inform yourself, dude.

Don’t expect someone else to wipe your ****.

Thanking you.
    Brendan Bendar is offline Report Post "

A moderator Beasty contacted me to say he hadn't looked at it as he was busy when I checked on the status of my complaint. Following this message I was thread banned by a different moderator :

"I've no idea

For most of the day I've been battling the elements at my equestrian place. Now it's half time in the football

If it's only an hour though you are being totally unreasonable if you are expecting us to have dealt with all reports. I spent 3 hours solid dealing with reports a week or so ago."

My issue here is a poster that never posts anything other than snide remarks in an attempt to derail and get people banned. I have reported continuously but it doesn't seem to get handled. This is across multiple threads in the current affairs forum. I would like to see my thread ban lifting in the previously mentioned thread if possible. I will add this poster to the mute list going forward but it would be nice to see boards address people who do nothing but troll.

Comments

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I took a look at the last two pages of the thread just now. Two pages of sniping back and forth with almost nothing of substance or relevant to the thread. And both of you were threadbanned for it.

Seems pretty reasonable to me - the mods have better things to be doing that dealing with handbags at dawn back and forth between posters, and I doubt other posters are lining up either for the next installment. Ignoring the other poster is something that should have occurred before we got to this point. Threadban stands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement