Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Pro Controller

• 17-11-2019 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭

With Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals due soon, I'm most likely going to get a 'Pro' controller, simply for CoD. I have used, and thoroughly enjoyed, the Xbox Elite controller, so would be looking for something similar (really, just want the back triggers/pads).

When I was last looking at them, there was a choice of the Nacon Revolution Pro and Razer Raiju, but I see now there's a lot more choice (and the Rev Pro 3 just came out). Trying to read reviews of them, and they're all over the place.

So, does anyone have a 'Pro' controller for the PS4, and what would ye recommend? I was tempted by the Astro C40 TR but then saw that they're €200! Even on a sale, unless it goes down to €150 or less I'm not that pushed.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Had the first iteration of the nacon and it was trash, haven't heard anything good from anybody that has used it for a considerable amount of time.

I've used a scuf for a good amount of time and while it was great when new it's now showing its age and usage, not acceptable considering the price tag, I did have some new sticks issued by scuf after just a few months but once warranty is out, you're on your own, now the buttons feel a little mushy. Quality outside is awesome but they seem to be skimping on the innards.

Even though I haven't used it yet, I'd suggest looking up the strikepack fps dominator, that's what I'll be trying next.

You could also look at battlebeaver but these things also cost a fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,279 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

dudeeile wrote: »
    Had the first iteration of the nacon and it was trash, haven't heard anything good from anybody that has used it for a considerable amount of time.

I've used a scuf for a good amount of time and while it was great when new it's now showing its age and usage, not acceptable considering the price tag, I did have some new sticks issued by scuf after just a few months but once warranty is out, you're on your own, now the buttons feel a little mushy. Quality outside is awesome but they seem to be skimping on the innards.

Even though I haven't used it yet, I'd suggest looking up the strikepack fps dominator, that's what I'll be trying next.

You could also look at battlebeaver but these things also cost a fortune.

I've used hte strikepack thing for a while now. Had the Nacon previously but it broke (a second time) and I had an issue where in Overwatch it had a constant input from the analog stick, but only on menues. So I struggled to select anything, but once I was in a game it was fine.

Swapped to the strike pack when it came out - had to replace one cause it kept dropping connection. But its cheap enough that its not a huge concern. I'd def recommend for people to give them a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I have the nacon and its trash dont bother. Not worth your money or time. I'm not sure there is much out there worth buying really.

Maybe the astro but it is big money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Thanks for the feedback folks! Everything does appear to be pointing towards the Astro, but it's just too much right now to justify it. Sony really dropped the ball on this, they could have a lovely little earner in there if they made their own!

I'll keep an eye on the Astro for Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Fingers crossed!

Advertisement