Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PUBG on Xbox [preview program]

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Anything to fix the poor frame rate?
    This patch will be live at 1AM PST / 10AM CET / 6PM KST. Please restart your Xbox after the patch goes live to get the update.

Here are the first of many Xbox-focused patch notes to come:

Gameplay

Gas can now be used while on bike or bike with sidecar

UI/UX

Equipment icons on HUD will now be visible
    Player icon is now more clearly visible on the world map
    UI prompts now appear when reload and enter a vehicle options are present

Character

Tweaked hair color options

Animation

Cleaned up sidecar passenger animations in first person view
    Fixed player camera issues while a passenger on the backseat of a Buggy
    Addressed arm animations specific to holding some weapons
    Character now correctly faces the proper direction when stopping while swimming

Others

First pass visual and performance improvements
    Slightly improved anti-aliasing on Xbox One and Xbox One S
    Localization updates for Vietnamese, Spanish,(Spain/Mexico)
    Controls on motorcycle no longer inverted
    Keyboard functionality is disabled

Bug Fixes

Fixed instances of player nametags not properly displaying in the lobby during Squad and Duo play
    Fixed minor animation while crouching and prone
    Fixed issues where curtains on windows block line of sight of players in the TPP mode
    Fixed an issue where when Squad leader left the party, voice chat ceased to function as intended
    Fixed issue where players could lean out of vehicles even when obstructed
    Fixed collision of cardboard boxes in Yasnaya city
    Fixed typo in the controller guide
    Other minor fixes

Full notes. Some nice stuff in there, including performance improvements.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

"Controls on motorbike no longer inverted"

Yep, that's been the cause of many deaths lol. Skulling myself and my duo partner after going off a jump and then pulling back on the controls lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

having lots of fun with the game but..........
    what does the gas canister do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Gas for cars/bikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

Gas for cars/bikes
    haven't had a car/bike long enough to warrant gas for it. but good to know. cheers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mr.S wrote: »
    So is the game really as bad as the reviews are saying? Tempted to pick it up as the hype from the PC version is insane, but most of the reviews are saying the game is a crap port for Xbox and the FPS really suffers.

Is that just PC diehards giving out about consoles or is it actually bad?

It's clunky, and the framerate is inconsistent, but it's terrific fun. If you go into it knowing that it's a very early preview, then you'll have a much better time with it.

For me, the main problems with it are the shonky framerate, texture pop-in, and a weird control scheme, but none of these have stopped me from really enjoying it.

• emmetkenny wrote: »
    I haven't had any problems with frame rate after landing on the map. What issues are you having?

I've since got a refunded so waiting to see if it improves.
    The fps was dropping to as low as 15 during action and running around.
    I'm really not sure how you are not experiencing these regular drops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Aye, the frame rate is shocking. The anti aliasing improvements in this new patch are welcome too as viewing the horizon is horribly jaggy.
    Also had to turn HDR off as the image was too dark. Hopefully they add an option menu as it needs it. Early versions of the test server on PC were too dark too but they have since fixed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

have to say, I'm very impressed that they're patching already. I think the day before yesterday was my first time finding the framerate an issue, but that being said, there were 6 people in a house, shooting and a smoke grenade going off so to be expected.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Had savage elastic banding last night. It's a horrible sensation in any game.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Didn't you get an X? You might be able to claim a free copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How do you know it was 15 FPS?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Has there been any word on this? How might someone go about it? I got a Scorpio Edition from GameStop....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

emmetkenny wrote: »

For me I would say it is low 20's but its still shocking especially when I am running it on an xbox one x which in theory can handle 4k at 30/60fps.

logik wrote: »
    For me I would say it is low 20's but its still shocking especially when I am running it on an xbox one x which in theory can handle 4k at 30/60fps.

It can but the game is only in Game Preview and only out a week so we are very early days. When Ark was out first it ran even worse I think.

I think a lot of people were expecting a nearly finished product whereas I expected it to be dog crap. It's running better than dog crap so I've been pleasantly surprised.

No matter how it's running it is good fun and that's what keeps me coming back.

• Advertisement

• Mickeroo wrote: »

Yes i picked it up for the x
    Claim a free copy??

With my eyes
    There is no way it's running at a steady 30
    The dips and choppiness are extremely noticeably, it crawled to a snail in some cases
    Been playing games long enough to know this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

With my eyes
    The dips and choppiness are extremely noticeably, it crawled to a snail in some cases

Its not running at 30, that has been confirmed. Digital Foundry did a detailed review. The game drops to low 20's on the Xbox one x.

Take a read here http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-pubg-xbox-one-and-xbox-one-x-performance.

You are right, it runs poorly but still manages to be alot of fun.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Has there been any word on this? How might someone go about it? I got a Scorpio Edition from GameStop....

I thought I heard people were getting it through ms support. Don't quote me on that though, I could be wrong.

• logik wrote: »
    Its not running at 30, that has been confirmed. Digital Foundry did a detailed review. The game drops to low 20's on the Xbox one x.

Take a read here http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-pubg-xbox-one-and-xbox-one-x-performance.

You are right, it runs poorly but still manages to be alot of fun.

Oh yea, I'm not doubting that as I didn't mention anything about gameplay. Simply asked if the performance had improved with the patch but having to justify its known poor performance for some reason.

• Advertisement

With my eyes

I may get myself a set of eyes that can count FPS so ;) Nobody said it's running at a steady 30 either.

It can but the game is only in Game Preview and only out a week so we are very early days. When Ark was out first it ran even worse I think.

I think a lot of people were expecting a nearly finished product whereas I expected it to be dog crap. It's running better than dog crap so I've been pleasantly surprised.

No matter how it's running it is good fun and that's what keeps me coming back.

lol, my sentiments exactly, I'd been following it for a good while with streamers on twitch and they have no end to issues too, so I figured the XB version was going to be fairly dumbed down. To their credit, for better or worse, its essentially the same game.

If I was to list my own thoughts on stuff that needs improvement, Id say:

1. Optimization, the plane is muck, and anytime action kicks off, it can be hit or miss on how the engine is going to react.
    2. Inventory, we need shortcuts to rapidly apply attachments - pick up stuff - for example - pressing Y to pick up all healing items, pressing B to pick up all ammo compatible with your current weapons
    3. Inputs - for some reason (and I know its a preview) using medkits etc is hit and miss for me, i'll hold down on the pad and nothing happens, or else the healing item flashes briefly and then goes back to the gun.
    4. Gunplay / Feedback - personally I could do with some feedback on when hits are landing, have had several gunfights where I believed I peppered the target only for me to lose, and have had fights where It looks like no hits land yet the target drops like he had a heart attack out of nowhere. - the blood mist cloud is inconsistent.

otherwise, the heart and soul of the game is definitely intact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

I may get myself a set of eyes that can count FPS so ;) Nobody said it's running at a steady 30 either.

Have you shares in PUBG? :confused::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Ya I'm having problem with x input especially for healing someone in my team. A fee nights ago I shot one of my mates for the craic and downed him but I wasn't able to revive him. As you can imagine he was none too amused.

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Have you shares in PUBG? :confused::pac:

Yea 85% of the OSC. Hurry up and buy the game so I can make more money :D

Jayop wrote: »
    Ya I'm having problem with x input especially for healing someone in my team. A fee nights ago I shot one of my mates for the craic and downed him but I wasn't able to revive him. As you can imagine he was none too amused.

oh, I'd also like the option to configure the views this way

Left trigger - straight to first person
    Left bumper - tight aim on third person - this is unused in general movement so could be implemented, and still be used to hold breath when in first person.

It was a rough guess and I'd say I'm not that far off.
    Odd that you are focusing on this. I think you know it runs poorly but for some reason it's bothering you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Yea 85% of the OSC. Hurry up and buy the game so I can make more money :D

I'll stick to fortnite until they sort there game out I think!

Hopefully they do though, the battle royale concept is brilliant.

It was a rough guess and I'd say I'm not that far off.
    Odd that you are focusing on this. I think you know it runs poorly but for some reason it's bothering you!

If you read my previous posts Mick they explain it.

I expected something very basic when it launched and I got a bit more than I was expecting so I'm not complaining about it because I had low expectations.

I was aware of the PC problems and thought the Xbox version would be an earlier build than that so was always going to be well behind that in refinement (even though that version doesn't run great either).

SeanHarty wrote: »
    I'll stick to fortnite until they sort there game out I think!

Hopefully they do though, the battle royale concept is brilliant.

I didn't like the building bit in Fortnight but I did have fun playing it.

• Advertisement

If you read my previous posts Mick they explain it.

I expected something very basic when it launched and I got a bit more than I was expecting so I'm not complaining about it because I had low expectations.

I was aware of the PC problems and thought the Xbox version would be an earlier build than that so was always going to be well behind that in refinement (even though that version doesn't run great either).

I wasn't actually here to discuss what you were expecting from the game. I haven't read any of those posts.

I expected something much better from Pubg on the X1X. Particularly the way it was being hyped for the system.
    It's shoddy in it's current state.

Anyway as I said ultimately all I wanted to know was if the patch addressed any of the performance issues and it evolved to this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Is there any ETA for new maps on xbox?

I've never experienced anything near 15FPS on the ground. I've been playing since day 1 on both OG Xbox One and Xbox One X.

Disregard lobby performance. This is horrendous. Even on my powerful gaming PC its all over the place due to what's happening at that stage. The map and loot is being rendered as well as matchmaking. It's meant to just be a fun area rather than looking at a loading screen.

Parachuting is where the frame rate dramatically dips but is fine on the ground.

• Might be focusing on the 15fps number. Again it's a guess.
    Its dips down to 20s and definitely dips lower in some cases.
    Again as stated multiple times, nothing got to do with the lobby or dropping in. This happens during game-play.

lol, my sentiments exactly, I'd been following it for a good while with streamers on twitch and they have no end to issues too, so I figured the XB version was going to be fairly dumbed down. To their credit, for better or worse, its essentially the same game.

If I was to list my own thoughts on stuff that needs improvement, Id say:

1. Optimization, the plane is muck, and anytime action kicks off, it can be hit or miss on how the engine is going to react.
    2. Inventory, we need shortcuts to rapidly apply attachments - pick up stuff - for example - pressing Y to pick up all healing items, pressing B to pick up all ammo compatible with your current weapons
    3. Inputs - for some reason (and I know its a preview) using medkits etc is hit and miss for me, i'll hold down on the pad and nothing happens, or else the healing item flashes briefly and then goes back to the gun.
    4. Gunplay / Feedback - personally I could do with some feedback on when hits are landing, have had several gunfights where I believed I peppered the target only for me to lose, and have had fights where It looks like no hits land yet the target drops like he had a heart attack out of nowhere. - the blood mist cloud is inconsistent.

In terms of feedback on shots landing, if you don't see a cloud of blood you didn't hit them.

Might be focusing on the 15fps number. Again it's a guess.
    Its dips down to 20s and definitely dips lower in some cases.
    Again as stated multiple times, nothing got to do with the lobby or dropping in. This happens during game-play.

I haven't experienced it at those levels. I wouldn't play it at those frame rates. I'd still play it on the PC if that was the case. I have 34hrs clocked on PUBG on Xbox so far.

You can only heal up a certain amount with bandages then they won't work anymore. You need painkillers or energy drink to begin recovery on the rest of your health.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I haven't experienced it at those levels. I wouldn't play it at those frame rates. I'd still play it on the PC if that was the case. I have 34hrs clocked on PUBG on Xbox so far.

fps as low as 11 fps at times ,hilarious stuff.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Is there any ETA for new maps on xbox?

if you were to follow the PC deployment, i'd say you're looking at six months or more away at best.

• Advertisement

You can only heal up a certain amount with bandages then they won't work anymore. You need painkillers or energy drink to begin recovery on the rest of your health.

that explains it so, I was on the edge of one of the final circles and my plan was to heal to max, let the forcefield come in then take a little damage as I ran the last bit, to try and be the last man into the safe zone. I had a big medkit and about 80% health but it wouldn't let me use it.

Also - does the forcefield get stronger, the closer it gets to the final circle? I died in the above scenario, even though I had a relatively short distance to travel. The night before in squads, we got caught outside early in the game but we seemed to last for ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Playing on the X myself. A lot of lads on the original Xbox are getting a raw deal alright with the building rendering and the constant disconnects. If we're playing the lads with the X do the driving otherwise we're stuck in a car going around in circles with the Dc'd player until he hits a tree so we can jump out. Annoying but hilarious at the same time.

Other then the lobby, the initial plane phase and the occasional drop in the Military base with a lots of people is all I've been having problems with along the odd disconnect. I Have never played on PC but it's running pretty much like every other shooter on console. Ark was sh!t show at launch compared to this. Constant disconnects. Waiting nearly half hour to get back into a server. At least with this when you get disconnect, it puts you back into the same session again even when you get dashboarded.

Time will tell whether it'll get better performance wise. It depends on how much Microsoft put the boot down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

that explains it so, I was on the edge of one of the final circles and my plan was to heal to max, let the forcefield come in then take a little damage as I ran the last bit, to try and be the last man into the safe zone. I had a big medkit and about 80% health but it wouldn't let me use it.

Also - does the forcefield get stronger, the closer it gets to the final circle? I died in the above scenario, even though I had a relatively short distance to travel. The night before in squads, we got caught outside early in the game but we seemed to last for ages

Yes. The Blue Zone kills you in seconds on the last couple of circles if you don't make it to safety.

Playing on the X myself. A lot of lads on the original Xbox are getting a raw deal alright with the building rendering and the constant disconnects. If we're playing the lads with the X do the driving otherwise we're stuck in a car going around in circles with the Dc'd player until he hits a tree so we can jump out. Annoying but hilarious at the same time.

Other then the lobby, the initial plane phase and the occasional drop in the Military base with a lots of people is all I've been having problems with along the odd disconnect. I Have never played on PC but it's running pretty much like every other shooter on console. Ark was sh!t show at launch compared to this. Constant disconnects. Waiting nearly half hour to get back into a server. At least with this when you get disconnect, it puts you back into the same session again even when you get dashboarded.

Time will tell whether it'll get better performance wise. It depends on how much Microsoft put the boot down.

The disconnects are on all Xbox consoles. I have gotten them on the X and the OG.

We have actually had to set up perimeter around disconnected players to keep them alive until they reconnect :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The disconnects are on all Xbox consoles. I have gotten them on the X and the OG.

Yes. I know.

As stated.

We have actually had to set up perimeter around disconnected players to keep them alive until they reconnect :)

I came across a fella in a field last night, standing still, 4 point blank shotgun blasts to the head didnt kill him, I'd say you could actually be safe enough if you disconnect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Downloading an update worth 4.7gb! Sizeable considering the game came in originally at 5!

I came across a fella in a field last night, standing still, 4 point blank shotgun blasts to the head didnt kill him, I'd say you could actually be safe enough if you disconnect.

Unfortunately you can be killed while disconnected. I was driving a jeep last night and got DC'd. Just as I was reconnecting the lads said not to bother :P I had a line of bullets in me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

battser wrote: »
    Downloading an update worth 4.7gb! Sizeable considering the game came in originally at 5!

Even the pc updates are similar which are bigger than base game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

from https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/134575-xbox-game-preview-patch-notes-1/
    Here are the first of many Xbox-focused patch notes to come:

Gameplay
    ▪ Gas can now be used while on bike or bike with sidecar
    UI
    ▪ Equipment icons on HUD will now be visible
    ▪ Player icon is now more clearly visible on the world map
    ▪ UI prompts now appear when reload and enter a vehicle options are present
    Character
    ▪ Tweaked hair color options
    Animation
    ▪ Cleaned up sidecar passenger animations in first person view
    ▪ Fixed player camera issues while a passenger on the backseat of a Buggy
    ▪ Addressed arm animations specific to holding some weapons
    ▪ Character now correctly faces the proper direction when stopping while swimming
    Others
    ▪ First pass visual and performance improvements
    ▪ Slightly improved anti-aliasing on Xbox One and Xbox One S
    ▪ Localization updates for Vietnamese, Spanish,(Spain/Mexico)
    ▪ Controls on motorcycle no longer inverted
    ▪ Keyboard functionality is disabled
    Bugs
    ▪ Fixed instances of player nametags not properly displaying in the lobby during Squad and Duo play
    ▪ Fixed minor animation while crouching and prone
    ▪ Fixed issues where curtains on windows block line of sight of players in the TPP mode
    ▪ Fixed an issue where when Squad leader left the party, voice chat ceased to function as intended
    ▪ Fixed issue where players could lean out of vehicles even when obstructed
    ▪ Fixed collision of cardboard boxes in Yasnaya city
    ▪ Fixed typo in the controller guide
    ▪ Other minor fixes

Has anyone downloaded and tried the patch yet? I'm interested to see if theres any noticeable benefits.

• Advertisement
Advertisement