Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PUBG on Xbox [preview program]

Options
  • 12-12-2017 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭

I thought it would be a good idea to have an Xbox specific Player Unknown's Battlegrounds thread.

Since PUBG on both Xbox and PC are in beta having one thread with multiple issues/feedback on 2 platforms could get messy. I hope the mods agree.

I have played the game for a few hours now. Mostly duo mode. The first thing I noticed was in my first game the graphics didn't look great. However from the 2nd game onwards it looked good. I am assuming there is probably some map content being cached so when you play it again it looks better.

The frame rate has been solid. I am playing on the OG Xbox One until I get back to my One X tomorrow.

It took a while to get my head around it after playing it on PC. There are a few short cuts on the D-pad that you should get used to.

I recommend upping the sensitivity to all the way to 10. It can feel sluggish until you do this.

*Be careful creating your character. If you back out of the character screen it saves the default as your character. You can then only change your character by using 3,000 BP to change it again. BP is the in-game currency. You can buy crates with it that award you with cosmetic items.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Man it feels so clunky. I feel like im back playing day z. Looks crap as well imo but I always thought that, even watching streamers with their high end machines. But had some fun last night in duo, now with 4 player live id say it'll be a good buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Best bit of advice is to get familiar with the controls before you play if you can. The fact that you have to hold X to reload instead of tapping will catch people out in close quarters. First game I was fumbling around trying to get used to picking up items and using the inventory but got quicker in round 2 onwards.

In one round down to the final 3 and one guy thought he’d run over myself and the other remaining lad in a UAZ but it didn’t last long once I emptied a clip into him to die by vehicle explosion which also did damage to the other remaining guy :D

we got to the last 10 in duo,then I attacked a guy with an unloaded gun and my teammate trying to shoot him with a gas canister. noobfest

does anyone know can you have it like in wildlands where you're in 3rd person but when you aim it goes into fps, BUT without having to click the left trigger twice. It feels like an extra unnecessary step that im blaming for multiple deaths

How does the inventory system work?

• Advertisement

that was my biggest struggle last night, id be standing over a dead body for a minute trying to figure out what i should keep, what i can use etc. When that becomes second nature it will flow a lot better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Made an absolute mess of buying this. Had £40 credit on my xbox store so assumed that I was buying the digital download. Ordered it using the credit only to figure out the next day it was a hard copy and I'll need to wait till Thursday to get it. Raging. Would have just bought it on CD keys.

The worst thing is, I think the hard copy from the Xbox store isn't even a disk. It's just a box with a code in it so I'll still need to download the prick of a thing.

So far a lot of easy pickings where players are looting houses or bodies and they're stood there waiting to be killed. The pace of doing it vs pc is like night and day. Saying that, I've had an issue where I pressed the button to bring up the inventory to select a couple of items from a pile but it wouldn't allow me to bring them into my bag for some reason. I had to walk around each piece to pick and choose what items I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

IvoryTower wrote: »
    does anyone know can you have it like in wildlands where you're in 3rd person but when you aim it goes into fps, BUT without having to click the left trigger twice. It feels like an extra unnecessary step that im blaming for multiple deaths
    You tap the left trigger once to aim down sight. Pull again to go back to 3rd person aim.

Hold down the left trigger to fire from 3rd person view.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Inevitable question here....wheres the cheapest place to pick this up? :D

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    Inevitable question here....wheres the cheapest place to pick this up? :D

It was cd keys not sure now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

How da F**K do you load f**king bullets into your f**king gun...

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ECO_Mental wrote: »

Hold X

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I was surprised how quickly I got into this, first round got 5 kills, next round got down to the final 15, probably a combination of lucky landing spots / people being new to the game. I'd agree that the controls take a lot of getting used to, applying attachments seems awkward and actually using consumables doesn't seem to work all the time. Jumping out of the plane looks like dog, very hard to distinguish other players and chutes, but once you hit the ground it's all good.
    I reckon this game is going to be massive on Xbox, over half of my 100 strong friends list was playing it, a rare sight these days.

ECO_Mental wrote: »

Haha we were all the same. Like why not just auto reload or press x once, who thought of hold x ffs!

We tried to queue with 3 tonight and wouldnt load in, had to split up

Its fun game, i dont even think its well executed but the whole battle royal buzz is a winner.

• Administrators Posts: 53,429 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's definitely the poor cousin of the PC version. It runs awful and the graphic quality is just bad, the draw distance is a joke and the controls are a mess.

Really emphasising it's preview status anyway. It plays like a PC game that has no business being on console in it's current state.

Anyone else find walking sideways dog slow? Walking straight ahead and backwards is fine but as soon as you want to check something sideways the character takes an age to do it

awec wrote: »
    It's definitely the poor cousin of the PC version. It runs awful and the graphic quality is just bad, the draw distance is a joke and the controls are a mess.

Really emphasising it's preview status anyway. It plays like a PC game that has no business being on console in it's current state.

But how did the PC version of PUBG start?

People have to be a bit fairer on the game. Its the first build on console and its in alpha.

The game on the X with HDR seems a little too dark and there is no in game brightness settings so I recommend upping your TV brightness settings fixes this.

But how did the PC version of PUBG start?

People have to be a bit fairer on the game. Its the first build on console and its in alpha.

Been playing PC since pretty much it came out. It was never this bad.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I played it on an S last night (don't have the X yet) and I was impressed. I feared the worst when I saw how bad it runs on the loading screen and the plane but once you're on the ground it's pretty smooth. I saw no noticeable frame rate drops.

Obviously it's a step down looks and performance wise from the PC but it's a good start. The worst thing by far is managing the inventory and the controls are a bit finicky (holding x for reloadi s not intuitive at all), but I'm sure I'll get used to them. Still managed a chicken dinner and a second place in squads so they ain't impossible to use :D

Anyone else find walking sideways dog slow? Walking straight ahead and backwards is fine but as soon as you want to check something sideways the character takes an age to do it

Yes, the analog stick behaves like WASD on a keyboard, the movement doesn’t feel right at all.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

awec wrote: »
    Been playing PC since pretty much it came out. It was never this bad.

You have a gtx 1070 and a 6th generation i7! if you put it in the context of how powerful an xbox is it's running better than it did at launch on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Had a couple of games last night.

It's quite janky, but I had a lot of fun just playing solo.

First game I found a heap of guns, a heap of ammo, couldn't figure out why I couldn't use my guns and was stuck running around with a hand grenade.

Then I realised you had to load the damn gun after picking up ammo :pac:

I've read it runs terribly on the original Xbox One. Framerate was awful pretty much until I landed from the parachute but then it mostly evened out and was stable-ish, a little lag at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

maximoose wrote: »
    Had a couple of games last night.

First game I found a heap of guns, a heap of ammo, couldn't figure out why I couldn't use my guns and was stuck running around with a hand grenade.

Me too couldn't figure out how to load the gun and like you was running around with a nade in my hand. I then bumped into this dude in a house obviously going through his gear and didn't hear me. Had no gun so I tried to rabbit punch him in the back of the head but threw the nade instead, it worked:D:D:D blew him nearly to the roof, didn't know what hit him:P my only kill

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

had a great moment last night in my first ever game where myself and another lad landed close to each each other, we ran to seperate houses and i found an M16 in mine, but couldnt figure out how to load the ammo. he came in the door of my house and froze when he saw I had a gun. I did a few teabags, and I reckon he thought I was looking for an alliance as he didnt run over and start punching, cue me walking around behind this guy, mashing buttons to load the clip, and I promptly wasted him once i figured out what was going on.

clip here

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Stone%20xb/video/40846545

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭battser

Add me for a few Squad games on XB tonight lads. battsKA = tag

Not overly impressed by the game even though obviously a work in progress but maybe playing with others might help that along.

Played mainly in a squad of 4 last night.

We got minced by the circle on the first play as we were on the edge of the map and the playing circle was the other side.

Once we knew what was happening we were taking damage and the run there was 10-15mins away.

Next game we were all fully loaded and sitting on the edge of the town submerged(by water) just figuring stuff out.

I hear a car coming and could pin point the direction while the other three couldn't hear anything. I was a dog who can hear something before a human does.

Next thing the car appears driving straight at me, I started shooting and they half knocked me down (only taking half my health) before crashing into the wall where I levelled the two in the back while someone else took the driver out.

Was hilarious... I was in stitches laughing.

Just as we were looting the bodies a squad came from the village and minced the four of us before we could even tell which direction they were.

There's a steep learning curve for sure, getting used to the menus and keeping an eye on the circle takes a few rounds to get the hang of.

In my final game last night I got to the final 8 in a solo run, I was laying on the grass messing around with my load out until I provided some lad with the easiest kill ever.... I need to be more weary of that in future especially in a small circle.

GT:GilbertoGalway... add me up as well. There's a few Irish on my friends list with this but another few more would be handy.

Whats peoples strategy for bailing out of the plane. ive tried being first out, last out, in the middle. Its great when you seem to be the only person in a village. Tempted to go straight to the army base i assume there's a big mill there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

had a great moment last night in my first ever game where myself and another lad landed close to each each other, we ran to seperate houses and i found an M16 in mine, but couldnt figure out how to load the ammo. he came in the door of my house and froze when he saw I had a gun. I did a few teabags, and I reckon he thought I was looking for an alliance as he didnt run over and start punching, cue me walking around behind this guy, mashing buttons to load the clip, and I promptly wasted him once i figured out what was going on.

clip here

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Stone%20xb/video/40846545

Actually looks like its running ok for you there. I presume you're playing on an X?

Advertisement