Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much is your bin collection?

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Who collects travellers' rubbish I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

A friend of mine works for AES travellers use their service. Why do you ask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,807 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well in our area it's the binman the passes their house!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

jca wrote: »
    A friend of mine works for AES travellers use their service. Why do you ask?

Because they seem to just f*ck it all over the surrounding area!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Council tax is £1420.21 for the year. No clue what proportion of that goes to the binman. It doesn't change change whether we increase or reduce our volume of refuse so its a bit of a rip in all honesty.

• Advertisement

Ours is pay per lift and costs about 200 a year. We only put out bins around once a month though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I have three bins in my collection. I've only been started collecting recently. It looked like a fascinating hobby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,082 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Inner city resident, so have a permit to use bags. A set of 5 recycling bags is 12.50. And a set of 5 non-recycling bags is 37.50.

We put a bag out when we feel the need. But if a neighbour puts and 1/2 empty bag out, why it would be unneighbourly not to fill it up for them! Tis very hard for a couple to fill a bag themselves.

End up paying about E50 per four months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

Around 26 euro a month for 4 lifts - 2 waste and 2 recycle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Because they seem to just f*ck it all over the surrounding area!

Strangely enough the amount of rejected bin lifts i.e. non payment is as plentiful with settled people as it is with travellers. Settled people are well able to dump their crap too, in traveller areas too so they get the blame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

25 Euros per month. 2 bins collected fortnightly. Black bin is usually half empty, recycling bin is usually full. We do a lot of shopping online and end up with quite a bit of packaging that we need to get rid off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

It's included in the management fees of about €1600 per year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It's funny when you step back and think about it... you pay for garbage to be removed. You also pay for garbage to be recycled but it makes them money at the same time.

Has there been a better business model? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

How much is your bin collection?

I don't care how much it is (within reason), as long as they also empty/take out the black bin liner along with its smelly dirty contents!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Answer in the After Hours style
    "once a week"

Advertisement