Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is your bin collection?

Options
  • 09-07-2017 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭

Our bin collection for a rubbish/recycling(both average sized bin) and small food bin. They might take a an extra bag of recycling if you leave it beside the bin.
    The bins are collected every fortnight and it costs about €14 per collection.

How much is your bin collection?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I recycle everything.

Anything that the recycling depot don't take, like food scraps....... I just put in a blender and flush down the toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

€0 I illegally dump my waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

35e a month, that's for 2 refuse and 2 recycle/compost.

We have started using the recycle and compost bins a bit more lately and it's made a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

360€ a year. For fcuking garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This thread is a load of rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

€5 per month standing charge.

€5 per lift for recycling bin - only leave it out 3 Times a year
    € 12.50 for general waste. Last left out in November 16

240l bins.

So € 100 per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Mine is 220 euros for the year for two bins..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Depends, I don't have a contract collection I do it by the load. So it's basically a 12 euro black bin every six-eight weeks, a 5 euro green bin every four to six weeks and a 10 euro brown bin as and when, during the growing season it's filled every two weeks but in the Nov-March period hardly used at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I recycle most of my stuff. I'd have a black bag once a month for non recycling. I give it to the mother in law and she puts it in her bin, I give her a few quid for her trouble. Saves me a fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Mine is €240 a year with AES for 4 bins I just renewed it for the year there was no mention in the email of pay by weight/lift so I just paid it, hopefully it's fixed for 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

20 per month with citybin. That's Two brown, Two black, Two green collections a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

270 Euro a year for 240l recycling bin and 140l rubbish bin. Collected every second week. Will probably have to move to 240l rubbish bin next year due to upcoming new baby and associated nappies. I think it's about 310 a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

jca wrote: »
    Mine is €240 a year with AES for 4 bins I just renewed it for the year there was no mention in the email of pay by weight/lift so I just paid it, hopefully it's fixed for 12 months.

I know with our bin we get six month contracts. If you read the fine print it says charges may change during the billing period.

bee06 wrote: »
    270 Euro a year for 240l recycling bin and 140l rubbish bin. Collected every second week. Will probably have to move to 240l rubbish bin next year due to upcoming new baby and associated nappies. I think it's about 310 a year.

Nappies, they weigh a lot.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭satguy

€330 per year

General Refuse 240 L
    Glass 140 L
    Organic Waste 140 L
    Recyclable Waste 240 L

We put the General Refuse one week, the next week is the Recyclable Bin.

The other Two, as and when they are full, But the Organic Waste can go every second week if it needs to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Nappies, they weigh a lot.....

So I've heard. If our bin company moves to pay by weight we might have to consider reusable but the thought of the washing!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

So I've heard. If our bin company moves to pay by weight we might have to consider reusable but the thought of the washing!

If that was suggested by the government Claire Daly and Mary Lou would have a field day in the Dail!

Tried it for about two weeks. Very time consuming and can be messy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

From AES

240L General Waste €13.00 Per lift
    240L Recycling (Paper, cans, some plastics) €6.00 Per lift

Surcharge of .18cent per kilo applies on all waste bins that weigh above 55kgs.

No brown bin or glass, so that has to go in general waste.

Have a bit of room for composting the fruit and veg peelings outside.

Bit disgusted by 'competition' meaning multiple bin trucks running up and down the road each collecting the odd bin (because at those prices, we'll avoid putting it out), all probably at unsustainable cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Used them on our first. Worked out well.
    Too little time to be washing nappies for number 2

Pay 18.50 pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Mines 15 a month 2 general waste and 2 recycled pickups a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

No idea...husband pays it :pac:

We always have a full recycling bin and barely anything in the waste bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

If it won't go up the chimney it doesn't come in the door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Zerbini Blewitt

If it won't go up the chimney it doesn't come in the door
    What about batteries for the remote or herself’s Mr Rabbit :o?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Ann_Landers

It's incorporated into my rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Composite food scraps and recycle a lot all so only put the black bin out about once a month or so and even then it not always full our bin costs are very cheap.

Can't stand the idea some people have that they should not have to pay for bins or that they are being ripped off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

120 a year standing change
    no extra charge for recycling
    13c kg compost
    25c kg waste

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Only have my "dirty" bin collected once every two or three years.

Live alone, very little food I cook goes to waste, if there is any, leave it out for the birds.

20% full recycling bin gets collected once a month even then the stuff could be all trampled down on.

Bring glass and clothes to be recycled at local recycling centre. The absolute state some scum do leave it in is a disgrace. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

E320 per annum no complaints

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Part of the rent, communal bins.

Have to dispose of glass by ourselves though.

Advertisement