Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What products prey on stupid people?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I bought it off Amazon. Waste of money.

I've had a few people say the same about their own boxes, in every case its user error.
    Even the crappy 1gb boxes will play HD streams without issues from a 8-12mb line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭mick.oleary

Senna wrote: »
    I've had a few people say the same about their own boxes, in every case its user error.
    Even the crappy 1gb boxes will play HD streams without issues from a 8-12mb line.

User error? Please educate me how I can make an error plugging in an RJ45 cable and opening up an app.

I am guessing you sell them and you're salty because I p****d all over your products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,434 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

greencap wrote: »

My car is loud this means you should be impressed.
    In fairness, the whole car thing is preying on stupid people. When was the last time anyone had a driving experience anything near a car advert - wide open roads, smooth surfaces, beautiful wife and kids smiling.

The ads should show you stuck on Amiens St at 5.45pm in the pi$$ings of rain, crawling at 3 kmph, watching the cyclists fly past your inside or outside, as the truck in front kicks up a layer of muck onto your recently washed junkheap with the dodgy heating control while the kids knock lumps out of each other behind you and the missus tells you that you should have gone the other way and you never listen to her and she's always right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

4K my a**e. The hardware might support 4K but the streaming servers are all crap low res.

What American Android box?

So streaming services then? I've an Nvidia Sheild box running Plex and enjoy crystal clear movies in 4K with High Res audio. No crappy streaming services for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Most of it?

There are none for cigarettes here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Have you ever even had an Android box? Let me guess, you bought it of some fella on donedeal

And yet it's ok for people to assume that the interface on all smart TVs are the same poorly designed ones, which they are not at all.

stimpson wrote: »
    So streaming services then? I've an Nvidia Sheild box running Plex and enjoy crystal clear movies in 4K with High Res audio. No crappy streaming services for me.

I have nothing against paid streaming services. I use Netflix and it works great on my Apple TV. The Android boxes on Amazon are marketed as supporting 4K and come with free TV etc but the servers that provide that free TV are incapable of doing 4K and require registration. Complete s**t.

I have not tried Nvidia Shield with Plex but for non-tech savvy users Plex is unsuitable.

User error? Please educate me how I can make an error plugging in an RJ45 cable and opening up an app.

I am guessing you sell them and you're salty because I p****d all over your products.

No I was already joking about the idiots on donedeal selling them, I hardly sell them myself. They're not hard to use, if you can't use yours, then you have obviously done something wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I have nothing against paid streaming services. I use Netflix and it works great on my Apple TV. The Android boxes on Amazon are marketed as supporting 4K and come with free TV etc but the servers that provide that free TV are incapable of doing 4K and require registration. Complete s**t.

I have not tried Nvidia Shield with Plex but for non-tech savvy users Plex is unsuitable.

Netflix is technically 4K but it's compressed to a much lower bitrate than a Bluray. It hasn't got anywhere near the detail.

If an android box can decode 4K then it can decode 4K. The services are the problem. And Plex is a piece of piss to use. A mate of mine has his 80 year old mother using it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

House alarms.

• Advertisement

No I was already joking about the idiots on donedeal selling them, I hardly sell them myself. They're not hard to use, if you can't use yours, then you have obviously done something wrong.

Clearly I can use it if I am able to evaluate the picture quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

4K my a**e. The hardware might support 4K but the streaming servers are all crap low res.

What American Android box?

What did you pay to the streaming providers?

Or were you expecting someone to stream 4k for free?

BTW the quality of the streams have zilch to do with the android box. The box is simply a consumer of the streams. The streams would be just as poor quality on a €1000 iPhone.

lawred2 wrote: »
    What did you pay to the streaming providers?

Or were you expecting someone to stream 4k for free?

BTW the quality of the streams have zilch to do with the android box. The box is simply a consumer of the streams.

I paid nothing. This is my point, they are crap and that is what I should expect from them. I use an Apple TV and I am happy to pay for Netflix or to rent from iTunes.

And I know the boxes are consumers which is why I said the hardware might be capable of 4K....

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

518oLjd9KYL.jpg

I paid nothing. This is my point, they are crap and that is what I should expect from them. I use an Apple TV and I am happy to pay for Netflix or to rent from iTunes.

And I know the boxes are consumers which is why I said the hardware might be capable of 4K....

Ah Apple fanboy, that explains it.

No you said android boxes are crap.

Android boxes have nothing to do with stream providers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Holistic therapists. Went to what I thought was a physio last year because of a persistant nagging ache in the foot caused by treadmill running/bad shoes etc. I spent an hour on the treatment table with her holding my foot, basically applying heat from her own hands.... Then she did a very mild pinching motion and slowly pushed my ankle sideways. This she said, was not HER actually pushing, but my foot rectifying and realigning itself........ :rolleyes:

Yeah, I didn't go back for a second session despite her instructions!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭RedTie

House alarms.

Ok. This one needs further explaining.

Even with your own CCTV wired to your phone, nothing scares off a burglar faster than a really load alarm. Or a really big dog but I digress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

gluten free products to the multitude of attention- seeking needy non-coeilacs .

lawred2 wrote: »
    No you said android boxes are crap.

Android boxes have nothing to do with stream providers.

They are crap. Ugly UIs that are unsuitable for use on a TV. They come with bloatware that is supposed to allow you to stream TV for free, which does not work to a standard that I would pay for (if it comes with the box then the whole product is crap I am not bashing the OS).

• Advertisement

You are probably a cyclist as well...

Definitely not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Boots used to sell a spray that hydrates the skin. Ingredients? H2O

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Anything advertised with the phrase "...could help reduce..."

Ed Sheeeran songs to all those deluded fools who still believe a romantic knight- in armour ( ginger and specs optional ) is going to come along and sweep then out of their mundane boring relationships .

Oops69 wrote: »
    Ed Sheeeran songs to all those deluded fools who still believe a romantic knight- in armour ( ginger and specs optional ) is going to come along and sweep then out of their mundane boring relationships .

+1

The guy is no better than any pub singer to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,480 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Herbalife.

Ah Apple fanboy, that explains it.

Apple make superior products.

expensive shoe creams to massage into your new semi-disposable just a little bit better than crap shoes that'll last six months tops , so you can 'massage 'the cream in like you'd nothing else to do with your life , a quick rub with that liquid sponge polish and they'll be grand .

They are crap. Ugly UIs that are unsuitable for use on a TV. They come with bloatware that is supposed to allow you to stream TV for free, which does not work to a standard that I would pay for (if it comes with the box then the whole product is crap I am not bashing the OS).

Yeah well your opinion aside - at 35/40 quid a pop they are hardly preying on anyone..

Sounds like you got a right crock of a box though. No bloatware or scamware on the one I have. Just kodi pretty much. I don't use it much as it goes. I pay for Netflix and now TV.

But at least I know what an android box is and what it's not.

A lot of the issues you bemoan would be specific to the flavor of the android os installed on the box. Sounds like you didn't get a good one. It happens.

• Advertisement

A piece of sports equipment that was proclaiming to be better than their 6month old version, said increased forgiveness, but when you look at the figures, the old was 1.43 and the new one is 1.44. Increased yes, but in no way enough to notice, but theyll sell millions and everyone wanting the "increased" performance version that costs a fortune.

Advertisement