Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TVs for the PS4 Pro - 4K HDR

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Well i don't know ha. What way it was took down from then but i am waiting for it to come its post to be Due tomorrow but we will wait and see.

I bought from where warehouse if your wondering via the phone Only way i could buy it and get it to me for xmess

You need skinny fingers :P

I phoned and was told that it would come from the warehouse , but it would not be here till next friday . Did you phone the Cork store ?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

You need skinny fingers :P

I phoned and was told that it would come from the warehouse , but it would not be here till next friday . Did you phone the Cork store ?

Thanks.

Yah no idea what type of deal i done ha Drop me a PM there and i will let you know more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I sm going to buy a new samsung in the new year, but might wait a month or 2 to see if they bring out new 2017 models, do not want to pay big money for a tv only for a newer better model to come out a month later.. have my eye on the samsung ks9000 55 inch.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Think it's running at 4k but HDR is showing as not supported on a Sony Bravia KD49x

How does one fix this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

RasTa wrote: »
    Think it's running at 4k but HDR is showing as not supported on a Sony Bravia KD49x

How does one fix this?

What's the full model no.?
    Looks like some of the KD49x didn't get the HDR update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

How does one fix this?

If it is a HDR set then you need to turn on enhanced HDMI in your input settings in the Android settings part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

F1ngers wrote: »
    What's the full model no.?
    Looks like some of the KD49x didn't get the HDR update.

Yeah the TV they are using is one of them. Annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The kids got one of these today for their kitchen gaming sessions:

https://m.johnlewis.com/samsung-ue40ku6020-hdr-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-40-with-freeview-hd-playstation-now-purcolour/p/3078184

Seems decent for the money, haven't got a chance to give the Pro a spin on it yet, I believe the HDR isn't the may west but for the cash I'd rather get a brand name than a bigger, cheaper Hisense option...

They are using it for PC gaming and a lot of the games they would play haven't got HDR so no biggie...

720p to 2160p, Santy in full effect... :)

I'm going to wait until 2018 for the sitting room upgrade, prices will be a lot cheaper and what are seemingly bells and whistles nowadays will be standard at that stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

How does one fix this?

Is your Firmware up to date as it was added in the latest update? Also, in settings make sure Enhanced is selected in Inputs.

Changed the TV I was getting from the Samsung KS7000 to the Panasonic 58 DX802B.

Will give a heads up to soundstore being fantasic and so easy to deal with and gave me free delivery and more discount on the TV price.

Went for the Panasonic in the end as had one for nearly 5 years before the LG that lasted 16 months.

For 1200 I can't go wrong as I am delighted with it only thing I am wondering where the he'll will it fit haha.

• Advertisement

I went with the Sammy 55" ks7000 for €1190 from Currys because I got it with a 5year extended replacement warranty . I was getting it for €1100 from soundstore or €1200 with the extended warranty , but I wouldn't of had it till friday . I picked mine up today in Currys .

^^ ps on the Panny TV's , they are not what they once where .

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Battlestar23

Hi can anyone tell me if this TV is good for the pro http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/samsung-40-6-series-uhd-4k-tv-ue40ku6000kxxu.html

I tried looking through google search for info on it and about the HDR but all i could find was conflicting reports about it some say it's good but others say it's not good.

Hi can anyone tell me if this TV is good for the pro http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/samsung-40-6-series-uhd-4k-tv-ue40ku6000kxxu.html

I tried looking through google search for info on it and about the HDR but all i could find was conflicting reports about it some say it's good but others say it's not good.

Depends on budget really at the moment with these TVs, I got a very similar 6020 model of this for the kitchen and I'm only getting a good look at it today so I'm at the first impression phase...

The HDR apparently isn't the best on this model, if you want proper 10bit HDR on a TV you will have to spend considerably higher towards 1K, only game I've seen support HDR so far is Uncharted 4, apparently these panels only emulate HDR also...

It does look fantastic though, and very considerable upgrade from what my 2 year old Samsung 1080p TV is...

I think the only difference between my model and this one you have linked is my one has a satellite tuner, otherwise they are the same...

Some of the lads who know their TVs better than me will probably come along and be able to give better advice...

I'm holding off upgrading the sitting room TV until 2018 though, and at that stage hopefully all these new TV standards will be set...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Battlestar23

Fieldog wrote: »
    Depends on budget really at the moment with these TVs, I got a very similar 6020 model of this for the kitchen and I'm only getting a good look at it today so I'm at the first impression phase...

The HDR apparently isn't the best on this model, if you want proper 10bit HDR on a TV you will have to spend considerably higher towards 1K, only game I've seen support HDR so far is Uncharted 4, apparently these panels only emulate HDR also...

It does look fantastic though, and very considerable upgrade from what my 2 year old Samsung 1080p TV is...

I think the only difference between my model and this one you have linked is my one has a satellite tuner, otherwise they are the same...

Some of the lads who know their TVs better than me will probably come along and be able to give better advice...

I'm holding off upgrading the sitting room TV until 2018 though, and at that stage hopefully all these new TV standards will be set...
    Thanks for the reply Fieldog budget wise it sounds like the best one i can get right now as i can't afford to pay anymore than that and will be good to upgrade from by 6 year old Sony 1080i TV.:o

I was thinking of upgrading my TV too but to be honest I'm not impressed with any of the sales prices in any of the bricks and mortar shops here. I think amazon are much cheaper, their black Friday deals were much better and I'm regretting not buying one then. CES 2017 is very soon so I might hold off and see what tvs are coming down the line instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I want to buy a new TV but I might wait to see when Samsung have there new models out and besides when when the new Samsung TV's come out, the current ones might drop in price..

Panasonic 58 DX802B is a different kettle of fish i think compare to the KS7000 it has way better picture i found.

I also think and have seen a backlight issue on the KS7000 on 2 different Models now and the white light coming trow the Black borders on a HDR film is crazy and its very note compare to the Panasonic DX802B.

Panasonic people might say there not the same but i rather my Panasonic again as 4.5 years i had no with no problems and the fact the DX802B comes with a sound bar as well cant wait to use it tonight and watch my 1st 4K Blu ray in HDR.

Thanks for the reply Fieldog budget wise it sounds like the best one i can get right now as i can't afford to pay anymore than that and will be good to upgrade from by 6 year old Sony 1080i TV.:o

The TV in our kitchen was an 11 year old 720p Samsung, not as much as a missing pixel on it and served me well, I would never buy a different brand TV, we have an older 5 year old LCD 1080P in sitting room and its the same, rock solid...

My smart 1080p one in my room is 2 years old and perfect also so I'm hesitant to try a different TV brand...

It will be a gigantic upgrade from what you currently have... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

There's a good deal on a Samsung 4K KU6000 on Harvey Norman's now I'm going to get. From online reviews and ratings it seems one of the best for the midrange 4K TV sets with HDR and low input lag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Anyone have the Samsung UE49KU6400 or what's the general consensus on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Penn wrote: »
    Anyone have the Samsung UE49KU6400 or what's the general consensus on it?

I have the 55in version since just before Christmas... real nice TV. Easy to use. Good smart functionality. Picture from a standard definition source has noticeable blockiness or banding, especially in the dark areas... but the quality from high def sources and especially the PS4 pro is beautiful. Crystal clear and razor sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I have the 55in version since just before Christmas... real nice TV. Easy to use. Good smart functionality. Picture from a standard definition source has noticeable blockiness or banding, especially in the dark areas... but the quality from high def sources and especially the PS4 pro is beautiful. Crystal clear and razor sharp.

Apparently it doesn't have HDR10 tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Apparently it doesn't have HDR10 tho?

Nope, 7000 series is minimum for full HDR but you're doubling the price to get it

theteal wrote: »
    Nope, 7000 series is minimum for full HDR but you're doubling the price to get it

The 49" KS7000 is €1000 in Harvey Norman ,

http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/samsung-49-7-series-suhd-tv-ue49ks7000uxxu.html

or... in Currys for an extra €50 with a 5year extended premium warranty ,
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/samsung-ue49ks7000-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-49-led-tv/336657/409.4

And ...the 55" for €1200,
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/samsung-ue55ks7000-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-55-led-tv/336944/397.0.7

These TV's are rated as " Super Ultra HD " with a 1000 nit brightness , and it shows when viewing . These TV's also have some of the shortest Lag times of any tv's of 2016 .

I bought the 55" and it is still blowing me away . I've watched , Fury rd , Revenent , Total recall and Fury so far in 10bit 4k and all where stunning .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Always have a chat with the richersounds lads on here before such a purchase. 5-6 warranty comes as standard (not that I rely on warranties but hey ho) from what I've seen. They know their stuff and are always more than happy to help out a boardsie.

Also, I just don't trust Currys after they gave Declan the bullet - he was the only reason to trust them in the first place tbf

theteal wrote: »
    Always have a chat with the richersounds lads on here before such a purchase. 5-6 warranty comes as standard (not that I rely on warranties but hey ho) from what I've seen. They know their stuff and are always more than happy to help out a boardsie.

Also, I just don't trust Currys after they gave Declan the bullet - he was the only reason to trust them in the first place tbf

With RicherSounds , the 49" is a few quid cheaper with delivery and the 55" was €40 cheaper , but it was store collection only in Belfast .

I had problems with tv's from Currys in the past and all problems where sorted fairly fast .

I know that we all have about a 5yr warranty on tv's with the sale of goods act ( fit for purpose law , whatever :confused: ) , but with this warranty , it's picked up from your home with engineers also calling to your home if there's an issue .

http://www.currys.ie/content/5-year-guarantee-commercial/7769

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

With RicherSounds , the 49" is a few quid cheaper with delivery and the 55" was €40 cheaper , but it was store collection only in Belfast .

I had problems with tv's from Currys in the past and all problems where sorted fairly fast .

I know that we all have about a 5yr warranty on tv's with the sale of goods act ( fit for purpose law , whatever :confused: ) , but with this warranty , it's picked up from your home with engineers also calling to your home if there's an issue .

http://www.currys.ie/content/5-year-guarantee-commercial/7769

Unless it's a proper manufacturer's warranty like the one sony and panasonic provide with their tv's it isn't worth the paper it's written on imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Fieldog wrote: »
    The TV in our kitchen was an 11 year old 720p Samsung, not as much as a missing pixel on it and served me well, I would never buy a different brand TV, we have an older 5 year old LCD 1080P in sitting room and its the same, rock solid...

My smart 1080p one in my room is 2 years old and perfect also so I'm hesitant to try a different TV brand...

It will be a gigantic upgrade from what you currently have... :)
    I've had two 3 year old samsungs kick the bucket not so long ago. As far as reliability is concerned they are very middle of the road, certainly not up there with panasonic and sony but a good bit better than the bargain basement vestel sets all the same.

They are cheaper to buy than the two big japanese brands for a reason.

• Advertisement

Sonys x93e and Samsungs qled tvs for 2017 look stunning. Prices haven't been announced yet but will no doubt be astronomical.

Advertisement