Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TVs for the PS4 Pro - 4K HDR

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I would say hold on for another bit and save and buy a proper HDR set. As you be sorry in the long run. There is a huge difference between 4k and 4k with HDR. You won't the HDR panel. And if you can save like crazy you are going to won't the proper a 10 bit panel.

Me and saving don't go well together ðŸ˜... To be honest I can't really tell difference in looks wise on more TV's just kinda want one that would look like a class quality 1080p one I suppose?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I'm torn between getting a 4K HDR tv in January or just going for a 4K monitor. I use a gaming monitor for my consoles already as i barely watch tv and think it may be a waste of money. Is HDR really that important?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I'm torn between getting a 4K HDR tv in January or just going for a 4K monitor. I use a gaming monitor for my consoles already as i barely watch tv and think it may be a waste of money. Is HDR really that important?

Sadly HDR is something you will won't as it really is all that once you see it action you be like where was my life before this?. As there is quite a difference between the 4k sets and the HDR 4k sets.

I would say save for a few more weeks and look at getting a HDR 4k TV set. How much is your budget anyway?.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

To add. Unless you're buying to be under the tree on Dec 25, I'd wait. It's only two more weeks but that's two more weeks of savings towards a tv and the sales will have started.

To add. Unless you're buying to be under the tree on Dec 25, I'd wait. It's only two more weeks but that's two more weeks of savings towards a tv and the sales will have started.

Very ture thats what i am waiting for myself to get my Samsung ks7000 i hope they go down 100 + as i will get the 55 inch over the 50 inch. I have seen this TV in action and me and the girlfriend where very impressed with it. She even said in the store that picture is so much better then your other 4K TV.

IT will be replacing my broke useless LG 49UF770V 4K that has been giving me issues since day 1 and is now in the small claims court as they wont do anything about it. A TV should not be cracking twice haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,270 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I was coming around to keeping my 4K non-HDR tv for another year or so but it started acting the maggot on me recently so f*ck it, January sales + Xmas bonus, it's getting replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

quality of early 4K TV's must be terrible, that's two of ye having issues.

I bought a 1080p panasonic plasma close to ten years ago and it's still perfect to this day :).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah I was coming around to keeping my 4K non-HDR tv for another year or so but it started acting the maggot on me recently so f*ck it, January sales + Xmas bonus, it's getting replaced.

Had an old 55" HD tv, got it for the PS3/360/blurays at launch and it cost a fortune so couldn't replace it as it was still working well.

Thankfully found another use for it, so now no reason not to get a new tv.

Don't know about waiting for January sales, not sure if they'll get much of a reduction compared to Black friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,270 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Varik wrote: »
    Had an old 55" HD tv, got it for the PS3/360/blurays at launch and it cost a fortune so couldn't replace it as it was still working well.

Thankfully found another use for it, so now no reason not to get a new tv.

Don't know about waiting for January sales, not sure if they'll get much of a reduction compared to Black friday.

Agreed, but I was moving house around Black Friday and the Xmas bonus will be helping fund it, so even if sales aren't quite as good as Black Friday I likely still would have had to wait until January anyway.

ITs the same for me i have my small claims case with Power City now as Jeses all i can say is do not i mean do not buy a TV from them ever. Just imposable to deal with. I have the money ready to buy my replacement TV as i just wont a TV that works at this stage and just going to play the waiting came with Power City.

But i will be buying my next from Richersounds as they include a 6 year warranty on there TVs and thats fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

quality of early 4K TV's must be terrible, that's two of ye having issues.

I bought a 1080p panasonic plasma close to ten years ago and it's still perfect to this day :).
    Have a couple of early 1080p Panasonic's at home (not Plasma screens, but about 10 years old too) and they are still going strong. You'd be equally as happy with it if you bought it new today and expected Full HD quality, great manufacturing quality on them!

Thing I love most about them though is their built-in forward-facing speakers, tremendous sound. Hate the fact that modern televisions sacrifice great quality audio for a slim design...

Not sure if it has been mentioned but HDR works on standard PS4 also

Tested out TLOU on the latest patch and it runs and looks savage

There is on the 43' so one can only assume the 49' of that model will have it

Tried to get the 43inch but sold out everywhere when I tried so walked in to Tesco and picked up 43inch Sharp 4K TV but don't think there's HDR on it...

Does HDR actually really need to be there? Or will everything improve quality on a 4K TV?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Tried to get the 43inch but sold out everywhere when I tried so walked in to Tesco and picked up 43inch Sharp 4K TV but don't think there's HDR on it...

Does HDR actually really need to be there? Or will everything improve quality on a 4K TV?

HDR is not really for picture quality, its more so with colour reproduction. HDR games are more vivid and bright and just more vibrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Was that the tv for less than €300?

Was that the tv for less than €300?

No it was 449 they have a 43inch full hd I believe TV for 279euro though but that's not 4k ...

Taking the plunge this weekend with a new set. Will give my thoughts after a few hours playing later this weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Be wary of those Tesco 40 inch Sharp smart Aquos tv. Mate bought one yesterday , i called over for a look as i need a tv myself . It cost 340 euro I think. Apps are terrible. Can't download more and even though there is a netflix button on the remote it dosnt actually have it.
    He thinks he can just bring it back as it's not what he thought it was. I doubt it though

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭macken04

Autochange wrote: »
    Be wary of those Tesco 40 inch Sharp smart Aquos tv. Mate bought one yesterday , i called over for a look as i need a tv myself . It cost 340 euro I think. Apps are terrible. Can't download more and even though there is a netflix button on the remote it dosnt actually have it.
    He thinks he can just bring it back as it's not what he thought it was. I doubt it though

Should have no problem with that

ok guys,
    im looking for some advice on the best affordable 1080p hd tv around 40 inch for my ps4. (smart or non)
    iv been looking around but cant find any solid reviews. most seem to be for 4k.
    all suggestions welcome.
    thanks

(if gone off topic please direct me where i should go)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ok guys,
    im looking for some advice on the best affordable 1080p hd tv around 40 inch for my ps4. (smart or non)
    all suggestions welcome.
    thanks

This one gets great reviews on Bargain Alerts for a cheap 4K HDR TV :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01E1QQHPK/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1481416649&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=4k+tv

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ok guys,
    all suggestions welcome.
    thanks

There is a 55'' 4K HDR LG on sale in Argos atm for €700, pretty impressive for a tv that price. In all honesty if you are going for a 40+ inch tv atm you will be better off with a 4K set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

There is a 55'' 4K HDR LG on sale in Argos atm for €700, pretty impressive for a tv that price. In all honesty if you are going for a 40+ inch tv atm you will be better off with a 4K set.

Really? Sounds like there must be a catch.
    I have 800 burning a hole in my pocket.... I was going to get a psvr when they came available again... but a sweet 4K TV that size could change my mind.
    Then again... I wonder would I get a better deal after Christmas?

I got a 43" Sony Bravia yesterday. Do it! You won't be disappointed.

I have the higher end panel the ones that cost in 1100 + range from LG it lasted a year and basically the power board main board and the case of the tv need to be repaired for the 2nd time and I am in the middle of a small claims case with power city over it.

Maybe it was my LG but I don't rate them at all. Have a look at the TV s over the 1000 euro range and have them side by side with the 700 euro ones you will see a huge difference in picture back light you name it.

Really? Sounds like there must be a catch.
    I have 800 burning a hole in my pocket.... I was going to get a psvr when they came available again... but a sweet 4K TV that size could change my mind.
    Then again... I wonder would I get a better deal after Christmas?

I got Sharp 4k TV for 449 in Argos there are LG 43inch models for around 480 or 490 mark in Argos or Currys... That way then you can maybe almost afford VR and a 4K TV I suppose though if HDR is an issue then you may need to spend more ...

I got Sharp 4k TV for 449 in Argos there are LG 43inch models for around 480 or 490 mark in Argos or Currys... That way then you can maybe almost afford VR and a 4K TV I suppose though if HDR is an issue then you may need to spend more ...

Sadly 10Bit panel with HDR beside 8Bit Panels with no HDR is just like

The Full HD 1080P, HD Ready TV 720P from when 1080P came out there 10 + years ago. There was a huge diff as well.

There is a huge diff mark my words.

Spend the 800 euros on a TV as it be worth it in the long run get a 10 BIT HDR panel stay away from the budget panels.

Basically you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

HD ready were 720p,full HD was 1080p,thats the reason for the difference there. Not comparing the same thing

Thanks but I'm not in the market for a 4k yet. I'm shelving out for a pro as it is. Hopefully get a 4k down the line. I'm having trouble finding good suggestions for a 1080 p for just gaming and netflix via the ps4 pro.

I obviously need something with low input lag and anything I look at has good reviews somewhere but terrible somewhere else!

• Advertisement

Thanks but I'm not in the market for a 4k yet. I'm shelving out for a pro as it is. Hopefully get a 4k down the line. I'm having trouble finding good suggestions for a 1080 p for just gaming and netflix via the ps4 pro.

I obviously need something with low input lag and anything I look at has good reviews somewhere but terrible somewhere else!

My last TV. Amazing quality with really good Input lag.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3918663/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C14419512/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780832%7CTelevisions%7C14419667.htm

Advertisement