Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cub Scout Games

• 07-07-2006 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

I am a Cub Scout Leader and I thought that this would be agreat place to exchange ideas for games / activities / fillers etc for our weekly meetings.

Because I have been a leader for a fair few years I am worried that I have not updated my games list & so it might be a bit out of touch.

I suggest - you post the name of the game & the rules!

Any interest??

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

the silent minute.

get everyone to sit down and be dead silent. ( yes, i know how hard this is)
    then tell them to stand up when it think a minute of silence has passed.

boring, but great if you just need that little bit of silence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Ok - this is almost the exact opposite of the last post.
    It is called "The Quiet Game".
    The den gets divided into 3 segments & the pack gets divided into 3 teams. Each team is placed in 1 of the divided segments. The team at one end of the den is given a message that they must pass to the team at the other end of the den (message is usually something like "I love Cubs!"). The team in the middle segment must shout & scream & jump around so much that it is impossible for the "listending" team to hear the message that the "sending" team is saying.
    This can get VERY loud - but the Cubs love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

THE NAME GAME - My cubs love this one.... I have all there names on cards ... One leader brings them into a seperate room or outside... Myself and another leader hide all the cards around the den... They are all allowed back in and they have to try find the cards .. if your card gets found your out and cannot look for cards anymore.... if you find your own card you can re-hide it in a better place... whoever card is found last wins.... normally ends with 2 cubs lookin for each others card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 skippy !

bomb ball
    troop forms a circle ! ball is plcaed in and players throw it from one to another !
    at a random time, troop begins to count down from 10 to 0 !
    the person with he ball at 0 is out !
    if the ball is in the air at 0 , the last person to have touched it is out !
    if a person dusnt catch a ball because its near 0, then he or she is out !

count down
    troop form patrols !
    leader asks each patrol for a letter until nine are given !
    each patrol is given 30 seconds to make as many words as they can !
    each team is given one point for each correct word !

There are two sides (teams), doesn't matter how many on each side and it doesn't have to be even. It sort of like Charades, but instead of acting out a word or phrase, you act out occupations.
    Each side gets in a "huddle" at their "home base" to decide what occupation they will act out and whichever side is ready first begins
    the team starts acting out its occupation (such as painters, auto mechanic
    , etc...) and when the other team guesses correctly, the "acting" team has to run back to its "home base" without any member being tagged by the other team. If they make it, they get to do the acting again.

snatch the hat !
    troop forms two lines of equal lenght !
    hat is placed is space between two lines ! on whistle, two people come in to centre and try to bring back hat to their team !
    if the team gets the hat back , a point is won !
    if the other team hits the person with the hat before he reaches the team , they get the point !

just some games that have really worked well for me with cubs !
    if anyone has any other ideas for games or activities, would yee please let me no !

skippy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 skippy !

i think people have given up on d post ! thats really annoying !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 DrHector

Thought someone here might know this one?

Crossword clue... Leader in a club scout pack (five letters) A _ E _ A

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bobstefanio

Classic games that the kids love

Ship Deck Shore !

Send all the cubs to the bottom of the hall that is the shore the top is the ship and the middle is the deck when you call out ship they must all run to ship and when you call deck they must all lie on the ground in the middle of the hall lifeboats they must jump up on chairs and benches on the sides you can start to knock people out by calling last man after a command and the last one to rech the loaction is out. You can call freeze and they must all stop in the spot and whoever moves is out you can try calling commands while there frozen but they cant follow them until you call unfreeze. Man overboard every cub grabs a second cub any cub without a partner is out.

Sponges !

Divide the group in two put some benches or mark out the middle point they cant cross put down soft balls or sponges in the centre on go the cubs run to get a sponge and throw them accross at each other they cant catch them and on a bounce the sponge can no longer knock anyone out last cub standing wins near the end of the game you might want to help the side that is loosing by throwing a leader in and when you get to a few cubs left move the forward giving them a spot they cant run behind making it easier to knock them out.

Memory Game!

split the pack in to there sixes and get a tray of items about 20 - 30 items show all the cubs the tray for about 1 minute and then cover it they have to try to remember as many items as possible give them a pen and paper to write down the items .

Defend the Fort!

Split the cubs into two teams one team hold hands in a circle facing outwards a captain in the middle. The other team surrounds them they have to get the ball into the circle trough the defenders legs or over the top the captain can catch the ball and throw it out the others must kick it away if it goes under them if the ball gets into the centre the teams swap around.

Ladders!

The cubs are split into two teams they sit in a line facing each other feet touching the member oposite with gaps between each pair. They are numbered so that 1's face each other 2's face each other so on. Call a number the cubs must jump up run up trough the centre around the back down and back up to there spots steping between the legs of the other cubs.

HandBall!

Put the bubs in a circle with there legs spread apart touching each neighbours foot so there are no gaps but between there legs each cub has one hand behind there back and one hand that they can defend. A ball is given to one cub and they have to hit it with there reamining free hand to try and get it trough the legs of the other cubs to knock them out they cant get the person directly beside them. In the end you will have 3 cubs that then can knock the one beside them out and finally two cubs standing accross from each other.

Fox's in the dark!

During the winter when its dark outside you can have all the cubs at the end of the hall lined up and there hands and knees a leader stands by the light switch the cubs try to move forward to reach the other end of the hall. When they reach the end they call out im a little fox and i wont get caught and they win. The trick is you turn of the light and they can move then you turnt he light on again and if there is anyone still moving they have to move to the end of the hall again.

Hopefully people will keep adding to this thread i would love to learn some new games for to play with my cubs too. Games start to get old when you know a limited number for each week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

AKELA

Advertisement