Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal rights?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

I suppose there is a difference between killing for consumption and killing for mindless entertainment.

I think the consumption of meat is fine, but if someone is killing rabbits for the crack then they have mental issues.

I hunt too and Rabbit is one of the things I catch. I can not say I have ever had to "whack one to death" though. Says in the article he used a bicycle pump? His methods need work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

An animal being dispatched correctly by someone planning to eat it I have no problem with. An animal being whacked with a bicycle pump (!) to make a point on a radio show, I do have a problem with.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I hunt too and Rabbit is one of the things I catch. I can not say I have ever had to "whack one to death" though. Says in the article he used a bicycle pump? His methods need work.

It's incredibly easy to kill a rabbit,even the slightest tap on the back of the head and their gone.

Saw a cat just jump on a rabbit once and it died on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Them Danish ... Hey Kids look at this :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

This makes me sad :(

kneemos wrote: »
    It's incredibly easy to kill a rabbit,even the slightest tap on the back of the head and their gone.

Not been my experience really - and there are a few you tube videos online recommending the best way to go about it. Certainly however the guy on the radio can not have done a great job as it was described as lying there twitching before it finally died.

Them Danish ... Hey Kids look at this :pac:

Be wary of Danes offering Rye bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

They need to be culled to keep the population, the saying breeding like rabbits is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

They need to be culled to keep the population, the saying breeding like rabbits is true.

No need to be efficient about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

They dont need to beat them to death!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I know where I would like to stick that dj's bicycle pump. When are we humans going to learn?! I also have no problem with someone hunting food for survival ( although in a perfect world I would I wish that they didn't ), but it just proves the point that we humans are the most dangerous animals in the jungle.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Not been my experience really - and there are a few you tube videos online recommending the best way to go about it. Certainly however the guy on the radio can not have done a great job as it was described as lying there twitching before it finally died.

All animals twitch when they're killed. It's the final firing of the nerves in the muscles, they're not actually alive when it happens.

I know the article says it twitched before it died, but it's impossible for us to know one way or the other, people often mistake post-death twitches for signs of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

"he was killed "in a sound manner, in accordance with the very precise instruction, as a zookeeper gave us - so the rabbit did not suffer any harm"

Except it got thumped across the head with a bicycle pump after the guy who did it was chased around a table...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Coming up next,Echo and the bunnymen.Stay tuned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

kjl wrote: »
    but if someone is killing rabbits for the crack then they have mental issues.

No, no they don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

He is obviously just crazy and ill.

Guys never ever date a girl or a guy that abuses animals they don't call them bunny boilers for nothing.

Prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I don't eat meat but I see a huge difference between someone that kills an animal for the sake of killing and someone that eats meat.

My father used to shoot rabbits when I was a child. I still don't like the idea but the rabbits were used as meat to feed us. They were fully grown adults with plenty of meat and lasted for ages. Killing a tiny three week old rabbit is senseless. He found the cutest animal he could find just to shock people. I don't buy that nonsense about his concern for animal welfare for a second.

I don't eat meat but I see a huge difference between someone that kills an animal for the sake of killing and someone that eats meat.

My father used to shoot rabbits when I was a child. I still don't like the idea but the rabbits were used as meat to feed us. They were fully grown adults with plenty of meat and lasted for ages. Killing a tiny three week old rabbit is senseless. He found the cutest animal he could find just to shock people. I don't buy that nonsense about his concern for animal welfare for a second.
    Exactly .

It's for notoriety and showed he cares for nothing but money and career. It's just sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Wasn't Denmark the beastiality capital of the world up until recently? Them Danes really don't like animals...

• Advertisement

What is it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭DeadHand

What is it then?

They were raising awareness of animal welfare.

Presumably it's animal lovers who are signing this petition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

I get the point he's making but that's a domestic rabbit which was most likely quite tame. It would be akin to someone killing a West Highland Terrier live on air to raise a discussion about the consumption of dog meat in South Korea.

Ranchu wrote: »
    I get the point he's making but that's a domestic rabbit which was most likely quite tame. It would be akin to someone killing a West Highland Terrier live on air to raise a discussion about the consumption of dog meat in South Korea.

Given he ate it I wouldn't see the problem.

Given he ate it I wouldn't see the problem.

I'd take issue with his cooking methods more than anything. Looks terrible.

Rabbits are nasty bad tempered fcukers anyway.
    Terrible pet.

• Advertisement

Rabbits are nasty bad tempered fcukers anyway.
    Terrible pet.

Mainly because people keep them in tiny hutches and don't interact with them half enough. A mate of mine has one that lives in his house like a dog. Uses a litter tray and all.

Advertisement