Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know you're a scout when...

Options
  • 11-08-2006 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Scouting/Guiding changes us all. So let us know what aspect of your behaviour reminds you how much of a Scout you really are. (Guides are welcome too)

I'll get the ball rolling.

You know you're a scout when...

- you see the dirt in your food, but eat it anyway
    - you begin packing 20 minutes before you're supposed to leave
    - you step in puddles and then remember you're not wearing hiking boots

So, let's hear your best ones

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

When you can squat properly
    When you've been chased by a farmer in Larch Hill
    When you're on Regional/Melvin and serve up sausages or chops, with plain boiled potatos and beans for your competition meal
    When you buy extra neckerchiefs to swap at competitions

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

when you eat food in a Restaurant thats Burnt thinking that "if its Black, its Cooked"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

when you see a kneck scarf/badges as a fashion item.

when your the only person at a session who has a Penknife with a Bottle opener

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

When you are surprised that not everyone can estimate the height of a tree using at least two different methods.

When you spend your idle time practicing your ropework...for a bit of fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

When your online dating profile reads that you are Loyal, Trustworthy, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

When every stain on your trangie has a tale of it's own!
    When sleeping in orange bin bags seems like a perfectly rational thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

When you shock every knacker in your estate by lighting a bonfire without 4 ltr's of petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Red Fan X5

gillo wrote:
    When you shock every knacker in your estate by lighting a bonfire without 4 ltr's of petrol

Yeah, nice one. lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

when your the only person at a session who has a Penknife with a Bottle opener

When your the only person at a session who opens their bottle by opening their belt at uncapping it with their buckle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 backdraft102

You know you're a scout when you come to a gate and make your friends climb on the hinged side.

You know you're a scout when you're at a party, the sing song starts and you take out a maglite and turn it upside down to make it look like a campfire.

You know you're a scout when you apply for a job in Dunnes Stores for the position of bag packer as it's ther job you've most experience in.

You know you're a scout when your keys hang off your belt with a mini carrabiner.

Johmo.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭renmorescout

This thread is getting very scary !!! Are ye guys watching me?
    My keys hang from a mini carrabiner, complete with mini maglite. Am I beyond help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 backdraft102

You may still be saved...unless you wear the new SI pants or rain jacket when working. I've must admit I've worn the pants a few times. Very comfortable.

Johmo.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭glenn3ie

when you have holidays planned 4 years in advanced..
    when you tie ur shoe lace with a reef knot be accident...
    when your tying to pieces of rope for anything and u insist on using a sheetbend...
    when you take nothing but photos and leave nothing but footprints ;)....
    when they don't believe it on monday :D ...

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭renmorescout

You may still be saved...unless you wear the new SI pants or rain jacket when working. I've must admit I've worn the pants a few times. Very comfortable.

Johmo.
    Too Late, I wear a pair of the craighopper pants,(without zipoff's) to work, and it's way to warm yet to be wearing a jacket ! ! !
    I come from a family of scouts so there is no hope, thank God.
    The boots are always in the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭glenn3ie

you know your a scout when.... you've been sent for elbow grease, long stands and buckets of steam!

When your pulled in by security for having said penknife on Your belt, when going to a Jamboree

Johmo.
    i wore mine to work today!, dont like the Jacket tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

When you miss friends 18ths cause there's a ceili on in dublin for hoho! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

When your idea of a fun weekend is the Sionnach in the Knockmealdowns in the pouring rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Kadeshh

... when you pull a fork out of the ground, wipe it on you trousers (probably making it dirtier), use it to stir your coffee and then eat with it

• Advertisement
Advertisement