Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand ps4

Options
  • 22-10-2019 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Hi

Looking to buy a ps4.

Second hand ones are much cheaper with 3 year warranty.

Any advise would be great.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Stan27 wrote: »
    Hi

Looking to buy a ps4.

Thanks in advance

They have? From who?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Stan27

whiterebel wrote: »
    They have? From who?

Forget the name of the shop but it's in fair green in Carlow.
    Second hand electrical shop

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Jump on it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think if you can find a 2nd hand electrical item covered by a 3 yr warranty, you'll not get any better deals, so knock yourself out and go get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

sugarman wrote: »
    Its CEX and its a 2 year warranty, but the price of the consoles are almost the same price as a brand new console.

i.e PS4 Slim €245! ...theyre €259.99 new in Argos WITH a game.

Probably banking on people using their vouchers for the consoles

Friend of mine got his a bit cheaper by buying vouchers on adverts, if you really want to go mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, I can never advise on buying a second hand "modern" console. Actually, in general I advise against it, feck knows what the previous owner did to it, and you'll even see stories on here of people trading in dodgy consoles hoping the issues won't be caught!

For the sake of the few extra quid, get a new one. Hang tough a few weeks and you might get an Xmas bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Cool2015

Stan27 wrote:
    Hi

Stan27 wrote:
    Looking to buy a ps4.

Stan27 wrote:

Stan27 wrote:

Stan27 wrote:
    Thanks in advance

Wait for Black Friday,you'll find a decent deal on Amazon UK,even with shipping costs it'll end up cheaper than the one in CEX and it'll be brand new with a game.

Wait for Black Friday,you'll find a decent deal on Amazon UK,even with shipping costs it'll end up cheaper than the one in CEX and it'll be brand new with a game.

Ended up getting a new one in gamestop.

220 new with rdr2.

Ended up playing that for 2 hours, downloaded fortnite and seriously addicted now
    . Lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

`CEX do 3 year warantee on certain items. I have a few Xbox one controllers I bought this year with 3 years on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Stan27 wrote: »
    Ended up getting a new one in gamestop.

220 new with rdr2.

Ended up playing that for 2 hours, downloaded fortnite and seriously addicted now
    . Lol

New for 220? Which Gamestop?

• Advertisement

lowelife wrote: »
    New for 220? Which Gamestop?

Carlow.
    Fairgreen shopping centre

Advertisement